How to reply to this

King Tiger

Reaction score
I have texting a girl I met recently. I asked here to go out on a evening to grab a dinner.

She is asking if this is supposed to be a date?

What do I reply? Is this some kind of **** test?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"No. I want you to help me pick up women"
I like this response very much. Is this a first date? No food on first date, just drinks. She hasn't done anything to deserve food.

King Tiger

Reaction score
So, I should say " No, it is just an outing for fun." And in future as for a coffee/drink instead of dinner. Right?

So, it is not unmanly/etc to let them pay for their stuff on first time out? Should I offer to pay, but when she says no, she can pay for her self. Let her do that.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I should say " No, it is just an outing for fun." And in future as for a coffee/drink instead of dinner. Right?

So, it is not unmanly/etc to let them pay for their stuff on first time out? Should I offer to pay, but when she says no, she can pay for her self. Let her do that.
It's a mixed bag. If she offers (good sign), I will let her chip in, especially if my portion is above $20. It really depends on the feel though. If it is going really well, I will probably pay the tab, and say "you get the next round"... If she expects me to pay, that is no bueno...

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These type of threads are something I will never understand.... Maybe I'm old school (older).... Maybe it is the kind of women you're dating. Maybe you're all to broke to go on dates.

If I ask someone out it I have no problem buying dinner and drinks. Nothing extravagant of course but I'm not going to go broke, fail some "test" or surrender some masculine part of me if I go out, pay for a meal and generally have a nice evening with someone I ask out to begin with.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with whoever said "Yes." cut straight to the point. If she gets stupid about calling it a "date" or whatever, then you just saved yourself a bunch of time and resources from trying to make things work with a chick that just isn't interested. Say yes. Be a man about it. Now's a perfect time to gauge her interest level. If it's low, then put that effort into another chick that is actually feeling you.

Ratiocinative

Don Juan
Reaction score
You response should be playful or absurdly silly, but don't just say yes. Just saying yes isn't bad, but it isn't a great response either.

And I agree with others saying you shouldn't go to dinner first. Meet up for coffee then if things go well you can go for food and drinks. How do you know you're going to want to buy her food? Sure, $20-30 isn't that much, but if you teach her that merely showing up is enough for you to drop that much on her you aren't putting much value on yourself.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want this to be a date this is how you respond....

Give her a time and place for her to show, and tell her all she has to worry about is to look hot. Works every time.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have texting a girl I met recently. I asked here to go out on a evening to grab a dinner.

She is asking if this is supposed to be a date?

What do I reply? Is this some kind of **** test?
Why the fvck are you taking her out to dinner. Drinks only.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with whoever said "Yes." cut straight to the point. If she gets stupid about calling it a "date" or whatever, then you just saved yourself a bunch of time and resources from trying to make things work with a chick that just isn't interested. Say yes. Be a man about it. Now's a perfect time to gauge her interest level. If it's low, then put that effort into another chick that is actually feeling you.
The problem with saying "Yes" is you are playing into her hand. If she asks "is this a date?" put the pressure back on her; "what difference does it make?" The point is to get her out alone and let her feel you face to face. After that, its up to her if she wants to label it.