How do you recover from a disappointment from not going for it?

DongWong

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a while since I did some cold approach. I was out at the mall today without the intention of approaching. Then I went into this store to check things out and happen to see this HB9 and I really wanted to go talk to her. Then I paused and over analyzed and ended up poosying out. Feels really bad man. The feeling of intense disappointment lasted for about half an hour and I felt really discouraged from approaching women throughout the whole day because I was so stuck pondering "what if". I would rather get that definite rejection then to forever wonder how she might've responded. Also, I had an empty stomach so I was kinda out of it. The whole time, I was thinking of something clever to say through observation but couldn't think of anything, also I was giving too much of a fux what others around would think or say. It was a small store so it was a really congested area with lots of people crowding around. How do you guys overcome this sh*t?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
You never live down missed opportunities. 20 years later you'll wish you made a move.

Likewise, a man never truly gets over a broken heart, it leaves a slight but permanent scar.

So either way you are facing serious disappointment if things don't work out. Those are the stakes when it comes to passing on your genes.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really wanted to go talk to her. Then I paused and over analyzed and ended up poosying out. Feels really bad man. The feeling of intense disappointment lasted for about half an hour and I felt really discouraged from approaching women throughout the whole day because I was so stuck pondering "what if".
When you see a woman you're interested in, just fvcking go approach. Don't over analyze. Don't let that goddam fear pouring out of your head into your body stop you. Just go. Rejection is easier to recover from than regret. The more you practice approaching, the easier it gets, and the easier 'just going' gets. That fear of approaching never goes away, but you can make it trigger your legs to walk toward her so you can initiate contact.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just approach the next women you see and you will forget all about this one. Just put her out of your mind, refuse to think about her.

@Desdinova is right. Don't think, just act. The longer you sit around and think about it the more you make excuses why you should not approach. DON'T THINK about anything, just approach.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember, you'll always be happier if you did approach

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember that when you approach, even if you get rejected, you are improving. You're making a positive step forward in your comfort level with women by approaching as many as you can.

If you don't approach, all you're doing is giving yourself a reason to wallow in self-pity and regret.

One more thing that helps me anyway - if you approach a girl (coffee shop, supermarket, bar) and she rejects you, just remember there's a 99.99% chance you'll never see her again for the rest of your life anyway, so what do you have to lose?

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone is wired differently. Some more sensitive than others. This kinda reminds me of back in the day, 18-19yrs old. I was seeing a HB8 her name was Jackie. I took he V card.

So after a month or so my friends asked me if I loved her? I had to pause for a minute? This had seriously never even crossed my mind! It was then that I realized I wasn't a big vagina p*ssy like my friends were.

Side note: Many years later I ended up finding Jackie on FB through other friends. She's a lesbian now, Ha!

Last edited:

DongWong

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone is wired differently. Some more sensitive than others. This kinda reminds me of back in the day, 18-19yrs old. I was seeing a HB8 her name was Jackie. I took he V card.

So after a month or so my friends asked me if I loved her? I had to pause for a minute? This had seriously never even crossed my mind! It was then that I realized I wasn't a big vagina p*ssy like my friends were.

Side note: Many years later I ended up finding Jackie on FB through other friends. She's a lesbian now, Ha!
Oh no! I hope you weren't the reason she became a lesbian! Either way, you should remind her what the D is like! She needs a re-up on the vitamin D! Haha

Viscontii

Reaction score
I've felt the same way before when I passed up on approach; it can be hard to forget missed opportunities like this. But like ohrein said, the next time you want to approach remember how you felt when you passed up the chance and just do it.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you recover from a disappointment from not going for it?
This is like asking how do you recover from accidentally stepping on an ant. Oh no, "what if"?

Answer: by realizing it's not a big deal

I bet if you realized this you would have approached her too, because you wouldn't have been all up in your head[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This may sound shallow but I feel more comfortable approaching hot girls after approaching less attractive and plain girls first. It's kind of like warming up.