Should Older Guys Tone Down on ****y Funny, Playful Banter Game?

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have used these techniques with success. Other times I've been too ****y and it has worked against me. Recently I was talking to an older girl. She's 34. We were at a house party. I sensed that being ****y funny was working against me and made adjustments. Ended up getting her number. This got me thinking. Is ****y and funny more for younger guys (college age)?

Some of the stuff you read come off a little juvenile. Maybe I'm too uptight.

I think about guys in TV who are good at game. Hank Moody in Californication and James Bond. Different styles. Hank Moody is more ****y and funny playful game while Daniel Craig uses a game that seems more mature.

I'm in my early 30s. For guys in their 30s is it better to opt for the second kind of game? Of course if the girl us a stuck to b1tch no matter what you do she'll be a bore and give you nothing.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something to ponder. Maybe older women being more experienced have heard ****y funny and they are tired of it. I have no clue since I'm new to dateing basically.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think about guys in TV who are good at game.
I think you should stop trying to emulate other people so much, and just do you. Make minor modifications here and there, but don't bend over backwards for anyone... unless it's your job and you're being paid.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should stop trying to emulate other people so much, and just do you. Make minor modifications here and there, but don't bend over backwards for anyone... unless it's your job and you're being paid.
Exactly...you have to behave in a way that fits your personality...you can't be something you aren't. Women are experts in sensing incongruent behavior. They've been having dudes trying to get in their pants since they were 12 or 13 by pretending to be someone they aren't...

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not trying to copy them but I've watched some of these shows to learn and I feel it has helped. I think is a matter of using some techniques and aborting others more suited to younger men.

This girl seemed to know I was trying to game her. Interested in hearing what some of the older guys here who are having success think about this. Still using c&F like before or had to make some adjustments?

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Marmel,

If I'm going to be c&F then it's definitely not me. I'm not like that. I think we understand that when gaming we sort of adapt another personality no? AT least a little bit unless you are a natural.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marmel,

If I'm going to be c&F then it's definitely not me. I'm not like that. I think we understand that when gaming we sort of adapt another personality no? AT least a little bit unless you are a natural.
You do adapt, but it's bringing out traits you already have that you might not be taking advantage of or amplifying other ones you have. You can't try and take traits you don't have and use them, it will come off as phony or try hard and will lead to you crashing and burning.

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Makes sense marmel. I'm in between. Not naturally funny but not a bore either. Based on last experienced it the girl is older I'll dial it down on c&F a bit or do what I normally do and adjust as the convo progresses.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
****y and funny works. I've not thought about whether I've 'dialed back' or not. I've always been sort of c&f, especially when I'm working a new plate.

If you're talking 'neg hits', I never thought much of them anyway.

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea negs I don't really use except when they say something like "my hair is a mess today". I usually say something like "you look like _____" insert something funny. I often say you look like a witch.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C0cky Funny works with women of all ages. But if you do not know how to do this, then don't try. You just look like an @ss.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think its much as matter of age but more a matter of who you are.

A decent guy running a c0cky and funny game will look brilliant and confident, an hot guy will look arrogant and annoying while an ugly guy will look creepy and disgusting.

Same when it comes of your status, I believe it works just like for look according to your position, a rich man running that game could make people uncomfortable while a cleaner look like a clown, if fits for a guy of average to average-high status.

Personally what works better for me is a combination of negs followed from affection, something like bashing her cause she is stupid only to hug her right after saying stuff like "we still love you no matter what".

I have the impression than being funny makes my value weaker unless its dirty jokes which under the line communicate that Im comfortable with my sexuality therefore confident, regarding the c0cky part I find it effective only in return of a provocation or a test, something like "you think you can find a girl tonight?" which makes me answer stuff like "I can find some for you as well as long as I can borrow your home for few hours".

TheMagician

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nu I think I get what' you're saying. I'm in my mid 30's, and find that the tricks are for kids. it just recently became clear that the ****y routine works, but only with the right person or crowd. You've got to be your better self! Being older has it's benefits too. If your well dressed ALL younger women will be very attracted to you, especially if you are some what interesting. Just hang out near a college or the place where that age group is. Thankfully I work near one in a large city. Now granted there are some folks that have their hangups, but it's your job as a man NOT to bring that **** to the table. It's like taking the lead in a dance. You've heard of mirroring to get report, but women will always mirror you in the relationship too. They also want to Mirror your fantasies too, even the nasty ones. Trust me, If she would have sex with most of you anything is possible! I think Dave Navarro is the only man I'd say was sexy and admit it on a public forum. I'm of the Freudian mind set that we are driven by sex and the need to have it in a safe location, oh and food...that's also important....also gravity...... Just like taking steps dancing, your the man and you need to take the lead and it should be smooth. I also look for chicks actually wear makup **** more, I'm convinced they take better care of themselves and also actually about sex enough to put whale blubber on their faces to look even more beautiful to get a better man. Keep it light and let her know you're going to bounce as soon as she calls you her boyfriend.

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
C0cky Funny works with women of all ages. But if you do not know how to do this, then don't try. You just look like an @ss.
I'm still learning this stuff so I'm sure sometimes I've come off as an ass.

Some of the stuff I read though like walking real close to her so she accidently bumps into something just seems childish to me.

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who dares,

I think you are right. It's a matter of who you are. I'm a normal guy. I think I'm good looking but I'm short. In high school girls used to tell me that if I was a bit taller I would have had girls all over me.

I have noticed too that c&F works best with girls with high value. They can take a or a hit without getting butt hurt.

I've always thought that being the funny guy lessen your value. Dont know why. I do get how being funny is good for you socially though.

The magician,

I work near a big college campus full of hot looking women. But I never hang around there for fear of being seen picking up women by a coworker or someone who knows me. The campus is like a block away.

I've recently done a wardrobe makeover which has been getting me compliments.

I have also viewed girls who wear makeup as a plus. It shows they care.

Serenity

Reaction score
I never really try to be c0cky funny, but when I look at how I behave I do it naturally. I have tried it in the past, but it never works if you try. The c0cky part is saying something about yourself that is true, but not entirely. It becomes funny to the other person because they know there's some truth to it, but they can remember instances where it's not true. This way it becomes a way of relating in a balanced way, you talk expressing different sides of yourself simultaneously and they see you in a more complete way.

What I explained above obviously only applies if they already know you a little. The way to do it if you just met them is a little more extreme, there would mostly be no truth in it. You'll tell them something about yourself that is so crazy they can't believe it. It's funny to them because they managed to understand you're bullsh!tting, still since they don't know you there's a small chance it's true. This creates an emotional spike as they're working hard to figure you out.

The second way I described can evolve into the first way I described. This happens as she figures out what you say that is true and what is not. I don't think this type of fun communication has an age as long as both are in the game, do not do this if the other part becomes more serious. I have this type of communication with people in their 60's, I'm just 24. I consider people who can engage in these conversations to be more intelligent and confident, that's because they know what's true and not (maintain their frame). I know what people to ignore based on their inability to handle c0cky funny, they rather get p!ssed at my half lies than to use their minds to find the truth.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still learning this stuff so I'm sure sometimes I've come off as an ass.

Some of the stuff I read though like walking real close to her so she accidently bumps into something just seems childish to me.
At least you've tried it. Took action. Therefore you will know what works & what dose'nt.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The OP may have a point. To me, a guy who uses too much C&F actually sounds insecure, like he is overcompensating. This may be more excusable and expected in a younger guy. I think the attraction of older males to women is their maturity, they are men not boys, they should come off as a little more sophisticated. I use enough C&F to show that I am confident in my value, but I sprinkle it in VERY, very lightly.