Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Your chosen career / path in life

Le killeur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering what the general concensus is with regards to career paths that DJ's follow. In particular is there any advice with what career paths you take and is the aim of as much money as possible really the true aim in your professional life and if so, why?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My only aim as far as money is to just have "enough". I just want to enjoy life. Most times you need money to do it, so that's really my only real motivation to work. My career is great and all, but I'm by no means passionate about it. Maybe certain things. But if I had a couple mil in the bank, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing.

In other words, my career does not define me. I found that the biggest AFCs are the guys who define themselves by money and status.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
My only aim as far as money is to just have "enough". I just want to enjoy life. Most times you need money to do it, so that's really my only real motivation to work. My career is great and all, but I'm by no means passionate about it. Maybe certain things. But if I had a couple mil in the bank, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing.

In other words, my career does not define me. I found that the biggest AFCs are the guys who define themselves by money and status.
I feel much the same way. :D :D

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Screw having enough. I'm greedy. I want 100's of millions of dollars. Right now I have a degree in Accounting, I plan on getting my MBA by the end of this year and after I'm opening up my own CPA firm and hiring accountants.

I also want to work as a corporate accountant as well for a corporation and having my CPA firm on the side. I want to retire by 35 with over 10 mill in the bank account.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PrettyBoyAJ said:
Screw having enough. I'm greedy. I want 100's of millions of dollars. Right now I have a degree in Accounting, I plan on getting my MBA by the end of this year and after I'm opening up my own CPA firm and hiring accountants.

I also want to work as a corporate accountant as well for a corporation and having my CPA firm on the side. I want to retire by 35 with over 10 mill in the bank account.
Well, I want 1000's of millions of dollars. I am going to own your corporations and do it all by the powers of Grayskull. So take that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7yeA7a0uS3A#t=25s

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people change careers many times over the course of their lives. I haven't read the most recent stat, but as of the late 90's, the median was seven times.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a nurse. I get to help people, make good (not great) money, and have 4 days a week of free time for my daughter, girlfriend, friends and family.

Pretty much the perfect life.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
I'm a nurse. I get to help people, make good (not great) money, and have 4 days a week of free time for my daughter, girlfriend, friends and family.

Finally, a man that speaks some common sense. Bless you.:)

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just graduated college with a degree in accounting and haven't found any jobs. I plan on opening my firm once I get my cpa and hire graduates like me.

I do plan on getting into investment banking too. There is 100's of millions of dollars to be made in investment banking!

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PrettyBoyAJ said:
I just graduated college with a degree in accounting and haven't found any jobs. I plan on opening my firm once I get my cpa and hire graduates like me.

I do plan on getting into investment banking too. There is 100's of millions of dollars to be made in investment banking!
LOL, the enthusiasm of youth.

It all starts at the bottom though and you have to gain some technical skills first in your industry before you are going to secure contracts for your firm by employing graduates. Get a job in your industry and be the sh*tkicker, work your way upto middle management and by your 30s, you can probably start to actually even think about beginning any type of multi million dollar crusade.

Get into investment banking if you want a good (absolutely nowhere near hundreds of millions) salary and to work until you have a stroke. Maybe you can be that 0.0001% that actually ends up making the top dollars, the rest are the lemmings that capitalism has bred, who probably aren't even on a good wage when you take into account the hours they work (let alone the bonus you should recieve for stress and a short life).

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:

Does sound like it. But how do you survive on 3 days of work? Obviously you are doing 12 hour days for those 3 or something of the like? That or you have a rich partner! :cheer:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
Does sound like it. But how do you survive on 3 days of work? Obviously you are doing 12 hour days for those 3 or something of the like? That or you have a rich partner! :cheer:
13 hour days actually.

And my fiance is actually a high school principal. I don't see her much at all but yeah, she does ok!

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice, that is a good way to go, 4 days off and 13 hour days, I'd much rather do that.

Principals pay very well right!

Good work.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a stud med - my dream is as follows:
after working as a doctor for 2-3 years, I want to get into plastic surgery and earn some $$'s - so that I potentially can start the jewelry firm I have dreamed of starting since the age of 5 haha

TheMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
European-DJ said:
I am a stud med - my dream is as follows:
after working as a doctor for 2-3 years, I want to get into plastic surgery and earn some $$'s - so that I potentially can start the jewelry firm I have dreamed of starting since the age of 5 haha
so you can wear some bling bling ! ;p

i know someone who's a plastic surgeon (i think that's the word) and he told me, if you wanna get a lot of money from that work you need to specialize in something that not everyone is doing.
see, today everyone specializing in ass and boobs, so much that there's more doctor than people who want to get their ass/boobs fixed.
he's doing plastic surgery of hands for people who where hurt badly.
told me it was the best decision he took.

to contribute to this post, i want to study psychology and criminology, 2 things i'm passionate about.
i took that decision since i'm 16.
choose that because i like to help people, like to make them feel good and believe in themselves and because the money isn't so bad.

before that, i was going from one direction to another (stylist, doctor, singer, hi-tech, and there's some more !)

thought to do something in the graphic industry (web designer etc.) but there's too much people in that industry that it makes me wonder if it worth it.

BTW i have a friend who's a capoeira teacher (i used to practice a while back ago), 12 years of practice, he told me when he was 16 he made some good money (3500$ per month, but it's not the same importance as in israel, conversion and stuff, it's actually 11,000 shekels), and he's worked only 3 hours per day for 5 days a week.

great opportunity i missed.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
Business is the only real way to be wealthy in your youth. The rich 90210 kids you see in this world are those with rich parents, grandparents, etc who had to had to graft to build their fortune.

Entrepreneurship is the high road to financial freedom and independence. 80% of all millionaires are those who set up their own business
Very True but, remember this......when you become a millionaire, Obama won't think you have paid your fair share despite the fact you have created jobs for others and already pay much more in taxes than most. I call it the Robin Hood Syndrome.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Although my career choice doesn't pay a lot of money, I am proud to be in my profession. I wouldn't complain if I had a lot of money but its not extremely important. There are easier ways in reaching financial freedom and independence. Too many people spend money they don't have on frivolous things they don't need.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's cool. No problem with your statements. Let me expand a bit. I'm a pretty well to do guy and I should be at my age. Having money gives me and Mrs.5string independence. To travel, go out to eat and other things we really don't need or have to do. Do we need the kind of house we live in? Nope. It's bigger and way nicer than we need. Our vehicles are late models and paid for. I could be driving a 2K beater instead of a 30K pickup. There is a reason they are paid off and that reason is money and money, makes our lives easier and more comfortable. If I won the lottery, I'd stay right where I am and continue to do what I do for a living.

Sure do agree that folks buy sh!t they don't even need. I have been guilty of that a time or two.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
Very True but, remember this......when you become a millionaire, Obama won't think you have paid your fair share despite the fact you have created jobs for others and already pay much more in taxes than most. I call it the Robin Hood Syndrome.
I think it's fine. You make your millions, but you need the masses to do so or there is no way you could make your money to begin with. It's fair to expect to be taxed at a high rate, you still live far beyond the average joe and you help contribute back into those who allow you to make your cash.