Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You are given $1000 that you must spend...

SSuaveSavior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Besides spending $997 on a money order, what would you do?

I'd buy survival gear and a plane ticket to somewhere deserted.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
right now.. and i HAD to spend it.. i'd either go to the horse track, or I would go clothes shopping.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put it in my emergency fund.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's about what my 18'x48' high tunnel cost to build. A high tunnel is a greenhouse over dirt. I bend the hoops and cover it with plastic. A high tunnel of tomatoes returns the initial investment in just one year.

I've had $1,000 in my pocket before and taken it to a mall with full intention of blowing it on nothing just because I could. I remember walking around a Kay's Merchandise, looking at everything, and thinking 'it's all crap. I'm going home.'

My attitude toward discretionary spending is that I am always going to look to spend money on something I think I can make money from, like a greenhouse, or at least save money over time to recoup the cost. I bought a cheap motorcycle not too long ago. It looks like a toy, but it gets 60 mpg. I estimate that I will make its cost back in one summer of riding, because my truck only gets 20 mpg. At that point, from my perspective, it's like the bike was free, and I get paid to ride it. By comparison, I used to have a much nicer R1, but that bike cost money to ride.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Rent. Cigarettes. Some wrist wraps for lifting. Some new clothes (Burlington coat factory, so cheap and nice stuff.)

I mean I'm poor as shivt, I havn't had to work for like 8 months. Unemployment along with working a cash painting job, plus a fat pell grant (because I didn't make much money last year) and the state gi bill and un-subsidized school loan and food stamps. So a thousand is a lot to me.

I'm real tired of working jobs that I have to physically bust my @ss all day. Been paying taxes all my life. So I just found ways to survive until I get an actual career and make real money.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
One thousand bucks is not much - you are talking about 3 to 4 days of work. Even if you have an office job and making $100 per day, that's still 10 days of work.

For $1000 you could **** 10 hot *****es, or 6 super hot HB 9.5 *****es. You could also smoke weed for whole year, or buy 10 grams of cocaine and shoot it up. You could get drunk and run from cops, pay them $600, and then go and spend the rest on 4 hot *****es, or 2 very hot HB 9.5 *****es. You could pay 3 months worth of rent, paint your car, install audio system, buy a TV, build a computer.

In a country where people buy mercedes and bentley after summer work, or when some burn case full of money while trapped with family in blizert, $1000 is not something that could impress.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two days boarding at Sunshine or Panorama.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with Bible. I'd spend it on something that'd make me money, or at least save me money.

Or at the very least, something I'd use a lot that would last a while, like a semi decent mountain bike or something.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
I'm with Bible. I'd spend it on something that'd make me money, or at least save me money.

Or at the very least, something I'd use a lot that would last a while, like a semi decent mountain bike or something.
If I could afford, I would as well.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People keep talking about saving it or investing it, isn't that against the you must spend it rule?
Anyway, I could use a new washing machine and some new gutters, so there you go. Not very exciting, I know, but oh well.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A .40 cal pistol, Outdoor Research foul-weather gear pants and a board.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I've had $1,000 in my pocket before and taken it to a mall with full intention of blowing it on nothing just because I could. I remember walking around a Kay's Merchandise, looking at everything, and thinking 'it's all crap. I'm going home.'
Exactly! When I came out of university, I took a relatively well-paying job. Suddenly I had over 1000 extra every month! I thought long and hard "what am I going to buy?"

A car? Designer furniture? F*ck that. I got a gym membership, took drum lessions and I can treat my pals to a beer without counting the pennies. Don't need much more to be happy!