Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wow, I would mog everyone on this ship of French settlers to North America

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at the heights of these men! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I need to GoBackInTimeMax. o_O
Correction: The one "negro" would be cucking these dudes' wives and daughters.

Seriously tho, how much time do you have on your hands to be judging yourself against the height of men on a ship like 300 years ago?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correction: The one "negro" would be cucking these dudes' wives and daughters.

Seriously tho, how much time do you have on your hands to be judging yourself against the height of men on a ship like 300 years ago?
Well, I wasn't going looking for men I could mog :rolleyes:, but in the course of my regular extraordinarily broad intellectual pursuits, I happened to come across this. This fits in with my theory that tall men have become lopsidedly more prolific at reproduction, as Western society has allowed women sexual choice. :mad:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This fits in with my theory that tall men have become lopsidedly more prolific at reproduction, as Western society has allowed women sexual choice. :mad:
It's over for HeightCels.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And, actually, the French don't give a fock about their height, so that's a non-issue.

It's like with everything. If you're short and you don't care about it, people won't notice. If you're frustrated about your height, people will notice and most likely put you down. Not for your height, but for your immature frustration with something you cannot change.

Same with male pattern baldness. Just shave it all off and go boldly bald and nobody cares that you have no hair. Be frustrated and try your best to retain your hair with hair plugs, hair pieces, wigs, comb-overs and they will notice your desperation.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She had to choose between prostitution ('entertaining' guests in a bar) and marriage to an ugly man. I think she chose the lesser of two evils. :cool:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She had to choose between prostitution ('entertaining' guests in a bar) and marriage to an ugly man. I think she chose the lesser of two evils. :cool:
I remember once visiting the neighborhood that A-Dam is most famous for, and there was a chick that didn't want to accept me as a client for one stay :eek:, but then when I got back about a month later, she didn't seem to have a problem, and was actually quite cool (she was short & well-built - i.e., like a female me, LOL). I've never been turned down by tall chicks there (and there are some tall ones).

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember once visiting the neighborhood that A-Dam is most famous for, and there was a chick that didn't want to accept me as a client for one stay :eek:, but then when I got back about a month later, she didn't seem to have a problem, and was actually quite cool (she was short & well-built - i.e., like a female me, LOL). I've never been turned down by tall chicks there (and there are some tall ones).
That's the difference between going to that neighbourhood unwashed or after a shower. ;)

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because height doesn't matter as much as we like to believe.

The tallest dude I know is a passport bro waiting 6 years now to get his Pina gf to come to Europe. The shortest dude I know is a ABSOLUTE savage and player and slso Asian by the way.

Although most of the time I am the tallest person in the room, I've been AMOGed by short dudes more than the other way around...

NoBiscuits

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The average height on that list is really interesting, but I'm more shocked at the professions.

Family sizes were 2-4x bigger back then. Imagine being able to support that by just making rope during the day. That sounds insane in 2024.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The average height on that list is really interesting, but I'm more shocked at the professions.

Family sizes were 2-4x bigger back then. Imagine being able to support that by just making rope during the day. That sounds insane in 2024.
A real useful job produces enought wealth to support those who perform it and their families as long as there are no parasites in the middle (gov especially).

If there werent parasites wheter public actors, welfare leechers or "middle men" even nowadays a plumber could easily support a family of 4.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A real useful job produces enought wealth to support those who perform it and their families as long as there are no parasites in the middle (gov especially).

If there werent parasites wheter public actors, welfare leechers or "middle men" even nowadays a plumber could easily support a family of 4.
If people only did useful work everyone could have their needs met (supporting a family of 4 or whatever the case may be) while working only half of what they do now.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This fits in with my theory that tall men have become lopsidedly more prolific at reproduction, as Western society has allowed women sexual choice. :mad:
Interesting theory but likely false. Fun fact: Europeans living in the early Middle Ages (i.e. about 1,000 years ago) were nearly as tall as modern humans. Then, for several hundred years, the average height of Europeans was actually in decline. The lowest point was the 1700's - exactly when those French settlers described in the article came to North America. Afterwards, average height started going up again. The reason for this? Changes in nutrition. It also explains why native Americans were taller than European settlers in the colonial era. The natives had more protein in their diet.

Last edited:

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting theory but likely false. Fun fact: Europeans living in the early Middle Ages (i.e. about 1,000 years ago) were nearly as tall as modern humans. Then, for several hundred years, the average height of Europeans was actually in decline. The lowest point was the 1700's - exactly when those French settlers described in the article came to North America. Afterwards, average height started going up again. The reason for this? Changes in nutrition. It also explains why native Americans were taller than European settlers in the colonial era. The natives had more protein in their diet.
Do you have any study for that? it makes sense the protein talk but not in that time.

The early mid age was the 5th century right after the collapse of the west roman empire not 1000 yrs ago.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have any study for that? it makes sense the protein talk but not in that time.

The early mid age was the 5th century right after the collapse of the west roman empire not 1000 yrs ago.

They are talking about the period between 9th and 11th century AD, which straddles both early and high Middle Ages, but that's not the point.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

They are talking about the period between 9th and 11th century AD, which straddles both early and high Middle Ages, but that's not the point.
He talks about climate changes within a certain time frame.

The climate changed rather dramatically in the 1300s, when the Little Ice Age triggered a cooling trend that wreaked havoc on northern Europe for the following 400 to 500 years.

"These brief periods of warming disguised the long-term trend of cooler temperatures, so people were less likely to move to warmer regions and were more likely to stick with traditional farming methods that ultimately failed," he said. "Climate change was likely to have imposed serious economic and health costs on northern Europeans, which in turn may have caused a downward trend in average height."

Colder temperatures meant lower food production as well as greater use of resources for heating. But many temperature fluctuations, ranging in length from about 15 to 40 years, kept people from fully adapting to a colder climate, Steckel said.

Do we have data about south europe for that same time, wondering if warmer climate was really a decisive factor.

NoBiscuits

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He talks about climate changes within a certain time frame.
"Climate change was likely to have imposed serious economic and health costs on northern Europeans, which in turn may have caused a downward trend in average height."
Ok, I see why this paper was published now. Same reason as the article on marriage stats discussed in this video. It's a "careerist" study.

It's like a Roman warlord needing a prophecy that suggests victory in Gaul is in Rome's future. Lo and behold, a short while later one of the most respected oracles looks into the tea leaves and what does she see? Roman soldiers celebrating a new annexation. The people debate where exactly the annexation will be, but they're still all talking about annexation in Rome's future. The warlord then makes the oracle famous and marches off.

The study we're looking at now is the oracle's prophecy in 2024 terms.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I just hired a plumber. These days, they aren't poor!