Windy City Chronicles II

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting perspective. Personally, I think the question why are you approaching me is a chance for you to take one of two paths: 1) Go for rapport with something deep, or 2) attempt to build attraction with something C&F/playful.

I made an observation based on a cold read that I thought was right on the money. It was not an attempt to qualify myself to her but rather an attempt to gain rapport and act like I get her already even though we just met.

I have experienced the 'Why are you approaching me" a few times in the past weeks and I like your response so I will try it on for size the next time I get a chance.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
macallik said:
Interesting perspective. Personally, I think the question why are you approaching me is a chance for you to take one of two paths: 1) Go for rapport with something deep, or 2) attempt to build attraction with something C&F/playful.

I made an observation based on a cold read that I thought was right on the money. It was not an attempt to qualify myself to her but rather an attempt to gain rapport and act like I get her already even though we just met.

I have experienced the 'Why are you approaching me" a few times in the past weeks and I like your response so I will try it on for size the next time I get a chance.
Good luck. When you use the approach I suggested, if makes you appear playful, funny, kinda ****y, and direct. Girls like that. When you use the approach you went with, it sounds like a preplanned, canned, kinda weirdish way to make a girl see how deep you are. All you should be worried about at this point is how deep you can implant your penor into her veejay. All the other emotional jargon can come later.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Partying and Pvssy: Probability and Possibility

Summer is winding down but the city is still full of events and activities. This summer has been amazing in terms of actualizing my potential and trying a ton of new things. Nightlife has always been a staple of meeting girls since I have been here but I have realized that not all scenes are created equal.

One thing that has helped immensely with my dating and confidence is meeting compatible women. What I have realized is that certain districts/clubs attract certain types of people. For example yesterday, if I decided to go to the Juicy J 'Bands a Make Her Dance' party @ Adrianna's, I know that the likelihood of finding a chick that was DTF would have been high and finding someone who isn't materialistic would be extremely low. Not impossible, but improbable.

What you want in a woman should dictate the places I go to.. not the club with the cheapest drinks or the club that is closest to your house, etc. If you like NPR, think that Andy Warhol was a genius, and you are looking for a long term relationship, then you really don't need to party in Wrigleyville, fist pumping upstairs in John Barleycorn just because they have $6 pitchers of Bud Light. Granted, if you are just having a night out with the fellas or shooting the sh!t, then fine, but if you are seriously on the prowl, you need to play the odds better.

You have to know what you want in a woman.. other than your d!ck of course, and then do things increase your probability with them. If you are looking for a one night stand, you should be in a place where it is easy to build attraction and get some kino. Clubs are great for this, but if you are at a lounge/bar and sitting in a booth, you can do some serious damage in a short amount of time as well.

If you are looking for something more than a one night stand, clubs can work, but the probability is not in your favor as much. It is harder to build rapport in this arena, females looking for longer term relationships generally aren't in the club getting it in to 'Pop That pvssy b!!!!!tch' on a regular basis. Yes, girls who like relationships do go to clubs and dance, but they tend not to do it on a frequent basis... so what that means for you is that of the girls you meet at the club, you have a higher likelihood of getting with a chick that is partying and getting blackout drunk every weekend. This is not a good or bad thing by itself btw, it is only good or bad when you put it in the context of what you want from her.

One recommendation I want to put out there is that you also read Muscleman's approach journal as well. His recent reports bring to light decisions that are made and cues that are picked up on that the average guy doesn't recognize.

It is like a college QB trying to read a defense, vs Peyton Manning reading a defense. The college QB might see space between the cornerback and the Wide Receiver, and throw the ball, but Peyton might see that they are actually playing Cover2 and so he waits until his TE streaks down the middle to throw the ball... Both the College QB and Peyton see the exact same defense but experience allows Peyton to read more into the smaller things. muscleman's journal does a great job of showing these subtle happenings. When I read muscleman's journal, I find myself thinking "I've seen the exact same move and reached the same conclusion. Great stuff

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is hectic nowadays as I have too much on my plate at work and at home. With that said, no real complaints in the females department. Got a buncha numbers over the last few weekends although only one amounted to something of substance. The rest were fake #s, girls heading back to college too soon, or my phone died and didn't save the # properly or didn't go to voicemail when they called.

Harmony
I am downstairs at Crocodile Lounge swaying on the dancefloor. I had only been this venue once previously while hanging out with Robin and her friends a few months back. Me and some friends decided to check it out as I was getting tired of the rolling dress codes based on your skin color, and the lack of compatible women at other venues.

To be honest, things weren't looking that great here initially either. Although there were a few girls dancing and drinking, none really caught my eye. However, three girls pass me and one of them catches my attention: Natural hair, skinny, cute face. All systems go on my end.

As she is walking by, I reflexively grab her wrist. She slows down considerably and checks me out and then slowly starts to walk away, but as if she doesn't want to. I tighten my grip and pull her to me and we start dancing. Just so we are clear, that move works for me very very infrequently lol.

We dance for a few songs and my d!ck is trying to burst a whole through my pants. I knew it was going good between us when her friends had gotten a drink from the bar while we were dancing, and then said something to her in passing, and disappeared. If she wasn't interested, she would have left with her friends or they would have 'saved' her.

In-between the grinding we end up talking a bit as well:

Harmony: What do you do
macallik: I work for XYZ and do ABC. What about you
Harmony: I am an OB GYN
macallik: You look at vaginas all day? That is like my dream job.
Harmony: *laughs*

To be honest, she has probably heard that joke a thousand times. Ah well, it seemed unique in the moment. Can't remember much about the convo to be honest as it happened like 3 weeks ago. Plus, the C&F is so entrenched in my day-to-day conversations that I don't even realize/remember the sh!t I say after it leaves my mouth.

So we continue to dance and talk in before she says she needs to meet up with her friends. I ask for her # and she gives me her phone and so I type in my first name and save my "Last Name" as: Super cute guy you met from the club.

I go to meet my friend and cruise the scene some more before eventually running into Harmony again. We dance some more and I am still getting a good vibe so we head outside to talk a bit more. Isolation ftw. Great thing about Wicker Park is that it is full of restaurants that have chairs and benches outside, so we find a seat next to the venue and talk for about 20 minutes before her friends decide to relocate.

We text throughout the following week and hang out the following Friday. We meet up at M Lounge for drinks and conversation. When I got there, she was sitting at the bar having a drink. I slide in on the stool next to her and we talk while drinking. No lulls in the conversation and found out a lot about her. Good stuff overall. Eventually I decide to go somewhere a little bit more uptempo so we swing over to Tantrum which is about 3 blocks north. We had another drink there, listened to the latest trap music, and bumped into imaginemypotential who couldn't get in because he wasn't dressed properly.

After this spot she was down to keep the night going. I told her we should hang out at the beach by Navy Pier (great for a nightcap downtown if you live far from the loop btw) but she misses the exit and so we end up going trying to figure out what else to do. I suggest going back to her place as an option and she decides on doing that.

We are looking at tv in her living room when she says that she is tired and there is nothing on tv so we should just turn it off. Holy open 3s Batman. I can take a hint so we relocate to her bedroom and rotate between fooling around and talking.

This past week, we texted throughout and hung out again on Friday. This time, it was just pizza and movies at her crib and I spent the night again. Still not sure where I want this to go but it is fun regardless right now. Definite quality and at the top of my list right now in terms of who I spend time with and make time for.

Mackenzie
We have hung out a few times since my last update. Basically we are kinda back to where we were but things feel different for me. I no longer view her as someone that I might eventually have an exclusive relationship with when I am ready to retire my dating jersey, it is more like she's someone I like hanging out with and for the most part get along with. It is weird because now when we hang out in public she initiates hand holding and the likes.

I am a little concerned because I will be moving soon and will likely be within a 15 min walk of Mackenzie. I plan to run amok in Hyde Park with all of the black professional females that reside there and I don't want to have any last minute drop by's involving Mackenzie or her meeting a chick I am fvcking in the neighborhood.

She is #2 on the roster now and will probably never be #1 again but is still quality.

Ella
This is the girl I work with. It is weird because everyone in the office knows she is engaged and she reinforces this in conversations she has with them, but she always ends up at my desk one way or another. We basically have lunch dates 2-3 times a week and have hung out after work once or twice as well. It had gotten to the point where we were spending more 1-on-1 time together than girls I am fvcking lol.

Sometimes it is harmless flirting when we talk, but other times, I can read between the lines and see that what is on her mind might be more than that. We joke around and I get standard responds about how big my ego is and what not like most females will say, but other times when we hang, she has been known to switch gears and go for rapport, with questions like "So what kind of girls do you like macallik? Do you like girls who are <insert character traits that she has> or do you like girls that are <insert traits she doesn't like and has told me she doesn't like>?

People have seen us taking lunches together and the fact that she is always around me. During an office drinking get-together where Ella wasn't present, a coworker cornered me and bombarded me with questions about the two of us, and how much Ella looks like she likes me. News got back to Ella, but instead of thinking that us being together would put her relationship in jeopardy, she is concerned with office politics, so we still hung out, but for a while, she would leave work ahead of me and meet me outside of the building instead of walking out together.

Ella is quality and has a traditional outlook on dating that makes her good plate material. However, having a fiancee means she isn't worth any solid investment of time at the moment. She is ideal to hang out with when I don't have plans, but I definitely wouldn't cancel any plans for her.

Dionne
This is my other coworker. She is cool to talk to, but I am not as interested in her as I was. When I was cornered by a coworker during our drinking get-together, she started asking questions to people about me and Ella hanging out but nothing too serious. She works on the other side of the office but still finds her way to my cubicle a few times a week. Not nearly as much as Ella but still enough for me to notice. I haven't been in contact with her as much coz I have a heavy workload and my hands full with Ella nowadays at work.

Robin
Hit me up two days ago when I was sleeping over Harmony's house. I hit her up the next day and we texted a bit but she stopped responding when she found out I was sleeping over a girl's house the previous night. I am not interested in attempting to feign a relationship or monogamy to sleep with Robin so it is what is it.

Megan
Randomly called me last night and then hung up when I answered. We texted after that and caught up on a few things. She asked me how my search for the perfect girl was going and then we talked about her relationship a bit. She said she feels like she is ready for marriage and children but not sure whether her boyfriend is.

A part of me wanted to run a boyfriend destroyer pattern but I decided against it and just gave her some heartfelt advice. We weren't really compatible so no point putting more pressure on what she believes is her true shot at happiness. I still remember how good she looks naked, and she had a promiscuous path before she 'found Jesus', so if she loses Jesus when her and her bf breaks up, hopefully she finds my d!ck lol.

Amber
Kinda invited me to hang with her on Thursday for Friday. Blew it off to kick it with Harmony.

More when it happens

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yooo. Long time since the last post.

Ella
No Solomon, me and her haven't gotten physical. I recently contemplated making a move but my better judgement has kicked in luckily. She is engaged, 'dating' two guys on the side and is bi polar. When I say bi polar, I don't mean the Mature Man version of Bi-polar as in 'this chick didn't call me back after I went on a Last Man Standing-esque rant and called her a hor so she must have a mental disorder'. I mean like she literally told me that she doesn't take her Zoloft or Clozapine because she doesn't like how it makes her feel.

She is a cutie but only a fleeting relationship would be ideal between us, and the fact that we work together prevents this from being a reality.

Harmony
We hung out last night and she slept over this morning. She gives me attention when I hit her up but she doesn't text me like she did when we first met. She is seeing other people I am assuming or looking to meet other people. I knew the rules of a non-monogamous relationship when I signed up and after going through things with Mackenzie. I can't have my cake and eat it too.

I'll admit, a part of me loves it when a girl is head over heels for me, as if it validates how amazing I am, but another part of me hates it, because the extent of the feelings are rarely reciprocated. I'll take my current relationship with Harmony over the alternative... It lets me sleep guilt free.

Mackenzie
Things are back to how they used to be with us.

She hits me up to set dates and texts me regularly with the most random sh!t whenever she can. Scheduled to hang later today.

Breakdown
I feel almost obligated to make time for my top tier chicks instead of extremely interested in doing so right now. Whenever I go into a weekend, I automatically assume that I will spend at least one day with a top tier chick regardless. I have become content when it comes to meeting new women as a result.

It has been hard for me to keep that hunger to approach because my circumstances are no longer feast or famine. If I don't meet that new girl walking down the street, I can just hang out with the girls already in my life. I need to push myself to want to meet new females regardless (for now anyways)

I miss the random excitement of new relationships or people entering my life. I can't figure out of this is because I am not as compatible with the females in my life as i could be, or if I am just more into the initial stages of a relationship than the predictable parts.

Whatever it is that I am feeling, it is what fueled me to contemplate making a move on Ella even though there is no positive outcome possible. I also thought about recycling some of my old incompatible chicks. Thank God I didn't do either.

My new goal is to add some chicks to the rotation. Not necessarily top tier chicks. For the first time in a while, I am thinking about looks more than compatibility. I feel like in the past few months I have been inundated by compatible women and now I just wanna smash some bad b1tches.

That is how I feel right now, @ 4:40pm CST. I might feel different in a week. Who knows. Hella tired from having Harmony over last night so I will wrap it up right here for now.

More when it happens

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To anyone reading that is striking out and having women flake on you, I just want to let you know that you are not alone. That sh!t happens to me as well as every other warm blooded male. The difference is the significance you give them in terms of time, and mental effort.

I recently started actively pursuing females again and I have girls that don't return phone calls, 'forget' dates, take too long to text back, give out wrong #s, etc.

You don't see any of this in my journal frequently. Not because I want to hide rejection from anyone, but rather because I literally forget about females who don't bring anything to the table. No point sweating an uninterested girl when I can fine tune my game on a brand new chick or kick it with a chick that is already interested.

Earlier in the first Windy City Chronicle, I remember analyzing eeeeverything that I did over and over whenever a chick flaked. Then after figuring out where I went wrong, I would try to carefully tailor some type of text message to get her hooked and 're-interested'.

Since then, my game has gotten tighter. Nowadays if they flake, I think about what I did wrong or would do differently and then move onto the next chick. Understanding what an interested chick does, and having interested females in my life makes my threshold for bullsh!t or people who don't recognize my amazing-ness pretty low.

One thing I've learned is that it is 10x easier to find a new girl that is interested than to change the interest level of an existing girl. I think that is a big problem for guys getting started or that get stuck in a rut... They are constantly trying to make a top tier chick out of girls who aren't worth more than a quick fvck.

Compatibility is often overlooked when you are desperate for some type of affection. If all you see are hammers, then everything looks like a nail but this lack of compatibility leads to a lack of reciprocated affection which digs your hole of despair even deeper. If you are chasing women who aren't interested, your self-worth will eventually take a beating.

I am not saying to start fvcking that fat chick with bad breath that likes you. I am saying don't spend time figuring out how to get that hot chick with a boyfriend and a group of guys chasing her to like you. When you have a consistent flow of girls at your disposal, you realize that every girl is not worth your time or worth your thought process. There are some that are worth it but you still don't get action... just chalk it up to bad timing and keep it pushing.