Why You Should NEVER Ask/Take Dating Advice From a Woman

LoneWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
actually it's not good to get direct advice as in asking them. mostly always it's not the best idea but when you hang out with female friends you pick up many things.. for instance two female friends i have;

friend 1; "i dont like to bother guys a lot because i dont want to put pressure on him or scare him away."

friend 1; "why don't he do anything? i wait for him to kiss me or make a move but he wont."

friend 2; "it's best to not be with a girl too much all the time."

thats just a couple things i hear from my friends. although friend 1 and i were having a discussion about dating today and she was clueless about how guys are like. she told this guy that she likes that she goes out with other guys and i told her not to say stuff like that to guys she likes because it might push them away thinking you're not interested in us. she had no idea. so i pick up a lot of things these girls say and it's interesting to know how their mind works.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its funny. I just had an IM convo with q girl who berated me for spinning plates.

I don't think it's exactly that women want you to be alone and unhappy. What they want is to be in control.

Whenever girls ask me for advice about guys, I tell them to make it easy for him. Offer yourself up on a silver platter. That's what most guys want.

In the same way, when you ask girls for advice they think they want q guy who'll do what they want...the only snag is that they have no idea what they want.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys said it all especially fb283,I just want to add the fact that women in general unlike they do toward other girls usually try to reseize your ego.

You all know that when a fat girl upoland a picture on facebook all her friends pump her ego trough many "so hot" "cutiesss" and stuff like that,if you notice when a average guy post something they never do any direct compliments but sometime say "something funny" that indirectly point the guy as nice or goofy.

I used this fb example to make sure everybody is familiari with it but what you observe there can be observed also in real life even if in different forms.
So again don't give a fvck about what they say especially when she gives you crappy suggestion or suggest you to do something in order to get that girls with whom according them you have yet no chance.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you even talk to a woman about your dating life. I've got women friends but they're also the wives of friends I've had for 15+ years. They're great women but I don't even talk to them about my dating life.

Sure absolutes are't really great but talking to a woman and getting great dating advice is like trying to get out of the friendzone with someone you've known for multiple years ... it ain't happening. Yes, there are outliers but do you want to get important information from someone who, chances are, is wrong 99.9% of the time, or would you rather get it from someone who is right a majority % of the time.

Women are territorial when it comes to men and just because a woman has children and/or a long term relationship it doesn't mean their biological urge to attract males and procreate has ceased.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The prey does not teach the hunter how better to catch it.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why women give bad dating advice.

The problem is most guys simply parrot the words women have told them over the years when they asked them "What do women want in a guy?" and then think it works since they got it straight from the horse's mouth. Unfortunately, too many guys, especially recently, have bought the same line women have been repeating for ages thinking it's a way to put themselves at an advantage when all it does is disqualify not only them, but the poor suckers who hear 'chick advice' from another guy and the cycle continues.

Honestly, I think the 'chick advice' phenomenon is a socio-evolutionary fail-safe mechanism meant to filter women's selection process of less desirable men from more desirable (competition worthy) men. Think about this for a moment - women almost uniquely own "relationship advice" in the media. There are a few notable feminized male exceptions (i.e. the Dr. Phils), but the ones who don't align their opinions along a feminine-first priority are tagged as misogynists and marginalized or ridiculed.

On some level of consciousness women know they're full of sh!t when they offer up the 'standard' chick advice. They know they're being less than genuine when they see this advice regularly betrayed by their own behaviors. Women (and now men) repeat in article after article how well developed the female capacity is for communication, so it follows that they have to know to some, maybe subconscious, degree that they are being less than helpful if not deliberately misleading. Even the mothers with the best interests of their son's at stake still parrot these responses. It's like a female imperative. Why?

For the answer, all you have to do is look at the bios of single women on any online dating service. When asked to describe the characteristics they find desirable in a man, the single most common responses are confidence, decisiveness, independence. Traits that would require a man to be a man and have the foresight and perseverance not to take things at face value. The guy with the capacity to call a woman on her own bluff with a confidence that implies she is to be worthy of him rather than the other way around is the man to be competed for. Essentially the 'chick speak', 'chick advice' phenomenon is a sh!t test writ large on a social scale. And even your own mother and sisters are in on it, expecting you to get the message and see the challenge for what it really is, without overtly telling you.

Most guys are natural pragmatists, we look for the shortest most efficient way between two points. IThe deductive reasoning that follows is that if we want sex, and women have the sex we want, we ought to ask them what conditions they require from us in order for us to get it. The problem is that women don't want to tell us this, because in doing so it makes us less independent and and more compromising (and lazy) in our own identities in order to get at her sexuality. This is counter to the decisive, independent and masculine man they really want and is evidenced in their behaviors. He should know what women want without asking because he's observed them often enough, been successful with them often enough, and taken the efforts to make decisions for himself based on their behaviors, especially in the face of a world full of women's conflicting words. This makes him the commodity in the face of a constant contradiction of her own and other women's motives, words and behaviors.

She want's you to get it on your own, without having to be told how. That initiative and the experience that accompanies it makes you a Man worth competing for.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Why women give bad dating advice.

The problem is most guys simply parrot the words women have told them over the years when they asked them "What do women want in a guy?" and then think it works since they got it straight from the horse's mouth.

She want's you to get it on your own, without having to be told how. That initiative and the experience that accompanies it makes you a Man worth competing for.
Gold, as usual.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think women who are genuine friends want you to fail, why would they? I have a few female friends, not many but a few, who I have no attraction to and they're not going to deliberately give me bad advice.

Personally my opinion is that women just don't know what they want. The last girl I was dating, in the eary phases of us getting together, was texting my friend saying all she wants is a nice guy to have a laugh with as she's been tired of messed around etc, and how she hoped I could be it. 3 months down the line she dumps me because the "spark had gone," to put it bluntly she had successfully got me eating out of her hand, the challenge had gone and subsequently the attraction. Women will rarely admit this, most aren't even aware, but that fear of loss, the worry that you may leave them, the need to tie you down, that challenge makes up a large part of the attraction. Women will tell you they value secrutiy, confidence in their partner, whilst this may be true after years of marriage when financial aspects are shared such as houses etc, it is absolutely not true in the early phases of relationships, especially in the instance of younger girls, (18-30) What they want is a thrill, I don't buy into the theory that women all love bad boy idiots, perhaps early on but the novelty wears off, what they do love is a man who they can attempt to change, a project almost, and again I cannot stress this enough, a CHALLENGE. A guy who has his own life, his own career, who is confident enough in himself that if the girl decided to end things, that his direction to success and happiness would be un-faltered. There is a very fine line between making a woman feel valued (good) and worshipped (bad)

I have met a few women aware of the above but most I genuinely believe are blissfully ignorant.

So to put it simply I don't think that the majority of women want you to fail, excluding ex's, I just don't think they know how to tell you how to succeed.

I wish I knew what I know now years ago, although I guess it's something that comes with trial and error. Because no matter how much you read on here, how much advice you get, be it from a man or a woman, nothing will prepare you adequately for your own experiences, it's very easy to make mistakes without even being aware you're making them.