Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why Men Cheat: Science Says 'New' Women Boost Testosterone

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting read on cheating and if your a middle age man I posted the article plus link below.

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/article/why-men-cheat-science-says-new-women-boost-testosterone/19543299?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fsurge-desk%2Farticle%2Fwhy-men-cheat-science-says-new-women-boost-testosterone%2F19543299.

Powerlifter

Andrew Sullivan links to a blog post on male sexuality by Christopher Ryan, co-author, along with Cacilda Jetha, of the new book "Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality." Ryan looks at the eternal question: Why do men, in particular middle-aged men, have affairs?

One's tempted to answer the question -- or a revision of it (why do men sleep with other women -- or men?) -- with Sir Edmund Hillary's response to someone who asked him why he wanted to climb Mount Everest. "Because it's there," he said. Sexual opportunities are out there, too.

And while there are myriad reasons one might stray, the authors have identified a biological one.

[O]ne factor we think deserves more attention is the role of testosterone (T) in middle-aged men's eroticism. In their twenties, men's T levels begin a long decline, often experienced as diminished passion and appetite for life. Suppressed T levels are associated with depression, heart attacks, dementia, and overall mortality rates from 88 to 250 percent higher. One of the few things that can reliably and immediately revive a man's sagging testosterone is exposure to a new woman. One researcher found that even a brief chat with an attractive woman raised men's testosterone levels by fourteen percent within minutes.
Ryan writes that men may confuse this testosterone spike with "love" and make decisions they later come to regret. But that seems to be straying from the scientific into the moralistic. There's no reason to think this spike triggers feelings of "love." It may be simply feelings of titillation, which are sufficient drivers of action.
Filed under: Health, Surge Desk
Tagged: affairs, cheating, sex, sex at dawn, testosterone, testosterone levels, testosterone low
Follow AOL News on Facebook and Twitter.

2010 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Powerlifter said:
Interesting read on cheating and if your a middle age man I posted the article plus link below.

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/article/why-men-cheat-science-says-new-women-boost-testosterone/19543299?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fsurge-desk%2Farticle%2Fwhy-men-cheat-science-says-new-women-boost-testosterone%2F19543299.

Powerlifter

Andrew Sullivan links to a blog post on male sexuality by Christopher Ryan, co-author, along with Cacilda Jetha, of the new book "Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality." Ryan looks at the eternal question: Why do men, in particular middle-aged men, have affairs?

One's tempted to answer the question -- or a revision of it (why do men sleep with other women -- or men?) -- with Sir Edmund Hillary's response to someone who asked him why he wanted to climb Mount Everest. "Because it's there," he said. Sexual opportunities are out there, too.

And while there are myriad reasons one might stray, the authors have identified a biological one.

[O]ne factor we think deserves more attention is the role of testosterone (T) in middle-aged men's eroticism. In their twenties, men's T levels begin a long decline, often experienced as diminished passion and appetite for life. Suppressed T levels are associated with depression, heart attacks, dementia, and overall mortality rates from 88 to 250 percent higher. One of the few things that can reliably and immediately revive a man's sagging testosterone is exposure to a new woman. One researcher found that even a brief chat with an attractive woman raised men's testosterone levels by fourteen percent within minutes.
Ryan writes that men may confuse this testosterone spike with "love" and make decisions they later come to regret. But that seems to be straying from the scientific into the moralistic. There's no reason to think this spike triggers feelings of "love." It may be simply feelings of titillation, which are sufficient drivers of action.
Filed under: Health, Surge Desk
Tagged: affairs, cheating, sex, sex at dawn, testosterone, testosterone levels, testosterone low
Follow AOL News on Facebook and Twitter.

2010 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This explains the "why" but this does not justify the behavior.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
some are born with an "INFIDELITY GENE" making it difficult to remain fatihful......its the reptilian brain mentality..........why have one when you can HAVE them all.

For these types it's all about them, their needs, whats in it for them and when an opportunity presents itself theY take it without EVER considering possible repercussions. MIND IS STRONG BUT THE FLESH IS WEAK!!!!!!!

CHEATING BEEN AROUND SINCE THE BEGINING OF TIME!!!!!!!!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there a study that talks about the effect of "new" men on women?
I think most people accept that women cheat just as much as men.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Is there a study that talks about the effect of "new" men on women?
I think most people accept that women cheat just as much as men.

That is a good point. When a woman falls in love with a new guy on the side, I'm sure that releases female happy chemicals in the brain as well.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
COD said:
some are born with an "INFIDELITY GENE" making it difficult to remain fatihful......its the reptilian brain mentality..........why have one when you can HAVE them all.

For these types it's all about them, their needs, whats in it for them and when an opportunity presents itself theY take it without EVER considering possible repercussions. MIND IS STRONG BUT THE FLESH IS WEAK!!!!!!!

CHEATING BEEN AROUND SINCE THE BEGINING OF TIME!!!!!!!!
Are you a woman by any chance?

mrrippey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Men usually cheat because the opportunity is greater than the risk of getting caught. Men cheat if their gf/wife/lover treats them like crap. Men cheat because they can (have the gift of gab). There are many reasons men cheat.

The biggest reason men cheat is because they decide to.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Coolidge effect has been known for ages.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
This explains the "why" but this does not justify the behavior.
Each man can justify his behavior in his own way. Or, he can, as I do, simply define justification as anything he does.

Since I did it, it's justified.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How in the world am I gonna know what woman to marry, if I don't fvck or try them all? In My experience and preferences I find that I am most turned on by petite spinner-type slim girls. I've experienced the tall ones, the 130-150 lbs ones and while they had great as5es and pus5ies, I just didn't get loved back as much as when I was with shorter and slimmer girls. That's just Me, but I'll try any girl out, except fat ones, even marginally fat ones. I don't need a hard-to-move around girl.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men cheat because their current wife/girlfriend/LTR/whatever isn't putting out anymore. Do you think he'd have to cheat if she was?

Women cheat for emotional reasons.
Men cheat for physical reasons.