Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do I need so much sleep?

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get it. I eat right and workout. I go to bed at midnight and if you let me sleep in I wake up at 5pm or even later!!! This is not normal...

Why do I need so much sleep???

Andromax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because you can sleep that long doesn't mean you need it. I go through cycles of extreme laziness like that where I just want to stay in bed. You just gotta have a reason to wake up ! :)

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, on weekends when i CAN sleep in, i can't sleep for more than 8.
i just automatically wake up.

Jerry Maguire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because you can sleep longer doesn't mean it's "good" for you.
Sleeping too much can be bad.

For example, usually after eight or nine hours, I wake up, but I'm usually so sleepy I'll drift back off for another few hours unless I need to get up for work.

It's all about routine though man, without me over complicating things.
If you go to bed at 11 every night for two weeks and get a good 8/9 hours sleep, you'll get in to a good routine and wake up every morning at the right time feeling reasonably refreshed.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when you are young and your body grows or develops or is very active, you need lots of sleep for your body to be healthy and keep up with it.

then there will come periods of time, where your body does not require as much sleep.

then you will need the sleep again...like me when you are 30 and you want to keep up with your job, chores and offspring... your body tires fast.

then you get old like my grandma, and go to bed at 6pm and wake up at 1 am and be so energetic that you vacuum the whole house, do 3 loads of laundry before sunrise...only to need a nap again at 10 am.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey there are too many factors we just don't know.

1) Is this something that has just started?
2) What happens if you get out of bed after 8 hrs or
so...are you very sleepy and drained the rest of the day?
3) How's your overall health otherwise?
4) Are you friggin' depressed?
5) Is this something you need EVERY night?

I'm no dr., but requiring 17hrs of sleep each night is NOT healthy, I don't care what else is going on. A couple of weeks ago I caught this flu that just sapped me of life and there were a couple of days I literally slept about 15 hrs each day. I felt like complete shyt and my body needed some serious healing and recovery. If you are otherwise "healthy" there is no reason in the world you should need that much sleep. 17 hrs is a major sign your body is fighting something. Even the laziest people I know with time to spare sleep 10, 12 hrs at the MOST.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
Why do I need so much sleep???

One word...Laziness

Other than that, my question for you is how does sleeping so much affect you on a daily basis?

Other than some kind of illness, why are you spending so much time sleeping?

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you drink coffee? That stuff used to have me sleeping all day from the constant crashes. Since I cut it out I've had a lot more energy throughout the day and my mood is MUCH more stable.

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm tired all the time.. and it affects my game.. I'll tell chicks I wanna go home cuz I'm too tired to care and I get 8 hours of sleep per night..

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone notice ChrizZ hasn't posted any follows ups?
Who wants to bet the nut is still asleep? :yes: