Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

who here has mastered opening?

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
have you mastered opening? if so, how did you do it?

more specifically;

how often did you practice?

where and how did you practice?

what did you find worked well and what didn't?

what was the worst thing/s that happened? (e.g. getting slapped or brutal rejections)?

what was the best thing/s that happened?

any last bit of advice for people trying to master opening as well?

please share your success stories of your journey and what it took to really master opening!!

:rock:

thanks fellas

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean by "mastered?" Just getting into a set?

I can open like its my job. Night game mostly. It works when I have the frame of "OF COURSE I'm supposed to talk to her/them, and if they react badly THEY are weirdos." From there just "Hi" can get them to open up. Now, escalating IN SET and not letting it eventually fizzle out . . another issue.

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
What do you mean by "mastered?" Just getting into a set?

I can open like its my job. Night game mostly. It works when I have the frame of "OF COURSE I'm supposed to talk to her/them, and if they react badly THEY are weirdos." From there just "Hi" can get them to open up. Now, escalating IN SET and not letting it eventually fizzle out . . another issue.
good question.

my definition of mastered would be being able to;

1. start conversations with targets easily/competently
2. have a good conversation and create attraction and bait investment
3. number close and time bridge more often than not

I like your frame for initiating by the way. very helpful.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only way to get good is to do it all the time, especially when you don't feel like it. Day game is great. I start conversations with random chicks on the bus/subway/train all the time. It isn't that hard, just do it man.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you know when a woman talks to u and they are interested in you and like you. I know a lot guys think man she might be interested, let me talk to her and get her phone number. then nothing comes of it. ever have a girl your not interested in and she is interested in you? you dont think that with her and she continues to like you. in your mind dont think you like the girl.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

how often did you practice? You have to naturally be in the state of mind - make it part of your personality, of who YOU are

where and how did you practice?every one , anytime, always look for a oportunitiy
what did you find worked well and what didn't? do it confidently and a cheeky simile - is a mustwhat was the worst thing/s that happened? (e.g. getting slapped or brutal rejections)? AS long as you dont know them...most times saying something "out of place" people will just go slient, dont be afraid to puch the baundaries...some times it works , some times not

what was the best thing/s that happened?laid, slapped, skinny dipping with a group of fatties (very funny), met a future GF...

OFTEN the best lines come on the spur of teh moment- picking up on the person and situation....get practice at doing this...rather than relying just on pre-rehursed lines...

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
kingsam said:

how often did you practice? You have to naturally be in the state of mind - make it part of your personality, of who YOU are

where and how did you practice?every one , anytime, always look for a oportunitiy
what did you find worked well and what didn't? do it confidently and a cheeky simile - is a mustwhat was the worst thing/s that happened? (e.g. getting slapped or brutal rejections)? AS long as you dont know them...most times saying something "out of place" people will just go slient, dont be afraid to puch the baundaries...some times it works , some times not

what was the best thing/s that happened?laid, slapped, skinny dipping with a group of fatties (very funny), met a future GF...

OFTEN the best lines come on the spur of teh moment- picking up on the person and situation....get practice at doing this...rather than relying just on pre-rehursed lines...

this is great advice - thanks a lot

the part about making it a part of who I am is especially helpful as that's really what I need to do instead of turning it on and off like I have been

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is opening? Opening is basically just starting a conversation with someone. It's not this incredibly hard thing that people here make it out to be. In fact, you can practice "opening" all the time. You don't need to go to a club or a bar to do it. And you can even practice it on guys as well as girls!

Canned lines are retarded. Just be a normal person (normal is something that seems to be very unusual these days) and start up a conversation. Usually the easiest thing to do is to look a person in the eye and say "hello."

As a first step, just get comfortable with greeting people. Give people you run into eye contact and a simple "hi" or just a nod of the head. Realize that people aren't going to bite your heard off for just talking to them!

I lived in a tiny little town for a year. Over there, everyone greeted each other even if they didn't know each other. People driving past each other would wave. I became used to saying hello or waving to everyone. I still do that to this day and guess what? Most people -even those in big cities- reciprocate!

Once you're comfortable greeting people, it's not a big step to start up a friendly conversation.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
What is opening? Opening is basically just starting a conversation with someone. It's not this incredibly hard thing that people here make it out to be. In fact, you can practice "opening" all the time. You don't need to go to a club or a bar to do it. And you can even practice it on guys as well as girls!
i think ppl here make it out to be a big thing, as they often only talk to women if they are attracted to the woman- thus they have a pressure to get a result, rather that just talking to anyone and not being to botherd if you fail or suceed (as long as your NOT being a complete retard and always getting rejected)

being C+F with older women is good practise...
(just dont be very sexual with golden-oldies)

As a first step, just get comfortable with greeting people. Give people you run into eye contact and a simple "hi" or just a nod of the head. Realize that people aren't going to bite your heard off for just talking to them!
id say try and be more proactive than just a Nod, its quite impersonal - even a just "hey buddy/darling, hows it going" its a 1000 times better, and more perosonal

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kingsam said:
id say try and be more proactive than just a Nod, its quite impersonal - even a just "hey buddy/darling, hows it going" its a 1000 times better, and more perosonal
You're right. I just said this because for a lot of people, even a nod is something. Most of the times we don't even acknowledge people we come across in day to day situations. Getting into the habit of greeting and talking to people just for the sake of those things makes it much easier for when you might want something from those people.

ATP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I practiced quite a bit, more than 1000 women I'd say Mostly at the clubs but generally everywhere.

What works well is having a lot of confidence and not caring about the result. You can practically say anything as long as you do it the right way. I think I've opened saying stuff with everything from Harry Potter to pharohs.

Worst thing that happened was some KINO backfiring and the girl telling me to stop touching her. Others were cold rejects... who cares really.

Best thing. Ehm, some good convos and some ****s. Not that I'm interested in ONS anymore.

CBA writing long stories though, a good help was rolling ten six sided dices and getting rejected that many times that night. It was a great way of getting the courage. I came up with awful one liners and the strange part was that it started to work after a while even though they were atrocious.

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stayfly said:

more specifically;

what was the worst thing/s that happened? (e.g. getting slapped or brutal rejections)?

please share your success stories of your journey and what it took to really master opening!!

:rock:

thanks fellas

my game still has lot to be improved but if theres one thing im really good at, its opening. i can honestly say that 95% of the time i can open and engage in conversation with girls at the club/bar/wherever, though my day game is a little lacking too.

I would consider myself somewhat lucky though, im relatively decent looking, and so my openers dont have to be amazing or anything but to be honest i dont htink anybody's opening has to be that great. i generally just make eye contact and say hello and then ask her a question about something stupid like her bracelet or something.

in any case, closing the actual girls is another story, i only just turned 21 recently so im still kind of new to the club scene but i would say i have a 50% success rate in advancing from conversation to soemthing else.

the worst thing that ever happened to me was probably getting played. she faked interest for awhile and i stupidly agreed to buy her a drink (which i now know is stupid) and she pretty much blew me off after the drink.

in any case, to get comfortable opening... i would just say drink alcohol. when youre drunk you lose all reservations and you can easily open 10 sets a night. go out once a week and drink less and less each time. in a month or so youll be decent at it all.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just try to remember that a girl rejecting you shouldn't change how you value yourself. Of course, for many guys this is easier said than done. Also remember that it's very rare that a chick will tell you to **** off. If you're friendly and non-creepy, she'll find a way to let you down easy. And if she's a cvnt about it, then it's a good thing you found out early and didn't pursue it further!

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I'm giving people the opportunity to meet me"

I know people are hoping to meet me because I understand that I'm a fascinating person and have alot to offer to the world. Being around me is like a environment of NO NEGATIVITY, a place to just forget about your worries and problems because I don't take anything seriously.

Majority of your questions actually isn't relevant to me because it was key experiences that caused me to sort of stumble into that mindset. However...

stayfly said:
I used to go out 5-6 times a week for hours upon hours. It was easy since to me I enjoyed not knowing what would happen so it was more of a THRILL.

stayfly said:
I was approach in street, women clothing stores, makeup stores, bookstore, train stations, school, and eventually started gaining access to nightclubs. (Still underage) I was just addicted to the adventures, AA wasn't much of a problem because I just loved pushing the envelope. I'd go to the night venues and approach the hottest women first, then the hardest looking sets to the point where I was approaching more mixed sets than 2sets.

stayfly said:
What worked well for me...
- Understanding the beauty of all this is not knowing what will happen. Thing is I used to approach with nothing in my mind because it was fun having no clue what I would say or how she'd react.

- Seeing everything as fun and enjoyment. All this approaching stuff was just for my own amusement so I would jump into the fire and if it went bad...I LOVED IT because train wrecks were hilarious. Ultimately I learned train wrecks weren't actually bad unless I thought it was. I've scared the **** out of chicks on the street, tapping them from behind and then just laughing while expressing that they're reaction is creeping me out. Then we'd laugh about it and continue talking.

stayfly said:
I've never really had anything bad happen to me and rejections weren't that frequent, the worst/funniest/brutal rejection was saying to a chick "Your cute..." and her saying "Thanks, unfortunately I can't say the samething". It didn't register at first so we kept chatting and she actually was about to stop UNTIL I realized what she said. However, I've got blownout 20 times in 5mins by approaching direct back to back to back in a very negative manner. Only thing that happened was they walked away.

stayfly said:
Too many things have happened...Anything from making out with chicks instantly back to back TO having multiple women in a night try to take me home.

stayfly said:

If your trying to master opening stop thinking of it as COLD APPROACH and instead see it as socializing. So go around socializing with everyone, because that's your way of giving people the opportunity to meet you. I learnt this when I'd stop to look around and notice MANY PEOPLE watching me go about my life and so I started saying "I have to create opportunities for them". There is no reason you should be having AA.

stayfly said:
I Don't really have success stories but a KEY TURNING POINT that I always mention as one of the first experiences of a huge paradigm shift...

It was 2 HOT russian chicks, 1 HOT swiss chick with her friend, a couple, a natural friend and I who created such an experience that everyone was just watching us and at the end it was like ASSUMED that to end the celebration we'd go home and have sex.
- 2 russians I met by cold approach on the street I brought them into my group to come along to the night venue with me. Turned out 1 of the chicks I actually #closed weeks before.
- Swiss chick I met as I was socializing it lasted 2-3mins and later on I pulled her into my group while I was with the 2 russians.
- Couple came in by speaking to swiss chick, I spoke to the guy he introduced me to his gf
- Natural guy I knew from talking to chicks together from time to time

Overall experience was INSANE as the russians straddle me, and everyone is thinking Swiss chick is my gf complimenting that were a great couple. At one point russian chick is sitting on her friend lip, they kiss, so then I kiss one of them. End of the night the Swiss chick asked to share a tax...

That experience was what really made me stop resisting where I was headed...

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Snow Plowman said:
"I'm giving people the opportunity to meet me"

I know people are hoping to meet me because I understand that I'm a fascinating person and have alot to offer to the world. Being around me is like a environment of NO NEGATIVITY, a place to just forget about your worries and problems because I don't take anything seriously.

Majority of your questions actually isn't relevant to me because it was key experiences that caused me to sort of stumble into that mindset. However...

I used to go out 5-6 times a week for hours upon hours. It was easy since to me I enjoyed not knowing what would happen so it was more of a THRILL.

I was approach in street, women clothing stores, makeup stores, bookstore, train stations, school, and eventually started gaining access to nightclubs. (Still underage) I was just addicted to the adventures, AA wasn't much of a problem because I just loved pushing the envelope. I'd go to the night venues and approach the hottest women first, then the hardest looking sets to the point where I was approaching more mixed sets than 2sets.

What worked well for me...
- Understanding the beauty of all this is not knowing what will happen. Thing is I used to approach with nothing in my mind because it was fun having no clue what I would say or how she'd react.

- Seeing everything as fun and enjoyment. All this approaching stuff was just for my own amusement so I would jump into the fire and if it went bad...I LOVED IT because train wrecks were hilarious. Ultimately I learned train wrecks weren't actually bad unless I thought it was. I've scared the **** out of chicks on the street, tapping them from behind and then just laughing while expressing that they're reaction is creeping me out. Then we'd laugh about it and continue talking.

I've never really had anything bad happen to me and rejections weren't that frequent, the worst/funniest/brutal rejection was saying to a chick "Your cute..." and her saying "Thanks, unfortunately I can't say the samething". It didn't register at first so we kept chatting and she actually was about to stop UNTIL I realized what she said. However, I've got blownout 20 times in 5mins by approaching direct back to back to back in a very negative manner. Only thing that happened was they walked away.

Too many things have happened...Anything from making out with chicks instantly back to back TO having multiple women in a night try to take me home.

If your trying to master opening stop thinking of it as COLD APPROACH and instead see it as socializing. So go around socializing with everyone, because that's your way of giving people the opportunity to meet you. I learnt this when I'd stop to look around and notice MANY PEOPLE watching me go about my life and so I started saying "I have to create opportunities for them". There is no reason you should be having AA.

I Don't really have success stories but a KEY TURNING POINT that I always mention as one of the first experiences of a huge paradigm shift...

It was 2 HOT russian chicks, 1 HOT swiss chick with her friend, a couple, a natural friend and I who created such an experience that everyone was just watching us and at the end it was like ASSUMED that to end the celebration we'd go home and have sex.
- 2 russians I met by cold approach on the street I brought them into my group to come along to the night venue with me. Turned out 1 of the chicks I actually #closed weeks before.
- Swiss chick I met as I was socializing it lasted 2-3mins and later on I pulled her into my group while I was with the 2 russians.
- Couple came in by speaking to swiss chick, I spoke to the guy he introduced me to his gf
- Natural guy I knew from talking to chicks together from time to time

Overall experience was INSANE as the russians straddle me, and everyone is thinking Swiss chick is my gf complimenting that were a great couple. At one point russian chick is sitting on her friend lip, they kiss, so then I kiss one of them. End of the night the Swiss chick asked to share a tax...

That experience was what really made me stop resisting where I was headed...
awesome advice

thanks for posting