Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where would you look for remote job openings?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been "quietly quitting" my current job for a while now. I've mentioned on here before that I've been working part-time, and recently full-time at my current job for about 4 years now.

There are some positives; I'm good at my job so there's no supervision and I can kinda do what I want, the pay is alright ($45k/year), and there is flexibility with my hours as long as I get them in (I work from home on Fridays because it's slow, for example).

That said, I'm trying to build my own business while doing all this, so ideally I'd be making a lateral move to something where I can work from home more often than I am now. My current boss is a prick, and there's no room for additional pay as far as the position goes, so I'd like to be able to cut out the time I spend in the office and on my commute if I can do a similarly-paying job from home.

I'm not sure if this is an unrealistic goal, but if anybody has had success finding jobs like this, I'd love to know where they're looking. Indeed's posting are mostly sales jobs that advertise really high salary...but upon reading you find that the jobs are commission-based. LinkedIn I haven't gone too deep in, but it looks like more of a process to apply since most places redirect to their own sites, with most jobs coming down to either sales or copywriting.

I'm not looking for a bigger payday, I'd be happy with a similar salary and responsibility as I have now, I just want more flexibility to spend time on my own business until that takes off - and this would also allow me to move out of my state, something I've wanted to do for a very long time.

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What type of industry are you in?

Hard to give any advice without knowing that. Most remote jobs are IT roles but I doubt you are in one of those since you are making 45K

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a bad time to be searching for new jobs.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What type of industry are you in?

Hard to give any advice without knowing that. Most remote jobs are IT roles but I doubt you are in one of those since you are making 45K
Medical I guess. I manage a medical marijuana clinic, but it's way more managerial than medical. Lots of customer service type stuff. My boss also has me doing outreach for selling medical equipment as part of his latest entrepreneurial endeavor, so I have a little experience with that.

I don't have an IT background, but I could probably learn some basic coding if that would help my case.

This is a bad time to be searching for new jobs.

So basically ghost jobs, "entry level" requiring experience, etc. Basically I'm fu**ed?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Medical I guess. I manage a medical marijuana clinic, but it's way more managerial than medical. Lots of customer service type stuff. My boss also has me doing outreach for selling medical equipment as part of his latest entrepreneurial endeavor, so I have a little experience with that.
You are well suited to be a pharmaceutical sales rep or a medical device sales rep. You're looking good and persuasive. Your notch count reflects your sales skill. It takes a lot to achieve a 90+ notch count in Delaware while living at home with parents for a part of that time. Seduction is a combination of both sales and marketing, which are complimentary skills but not the same thing.

So basically ghost jobs, "entry level" requiring experience, etc. Basically I'm fu**ed?
A lot of people seeking new jobs (currently employed or unemployed) are fuccked. You can live with your parents. I pay rent in an apartment.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are well suited to be a pharmaceutical sales rep or a medical device sales rep. You're looking good and persuasive. Your notch count reflects your sales skill. It takes a lot to achieve a 90+ notch count in Delaware while living at home with parents for a part of that time. Seduction is a combination of both sales and marketing, which are complimentary skills but not the same thing.

A lot of people seeking new jobs (currently employed or unemployed) are fuccked. You can live with your parents. I pay rent in an apartment.
I've got some cousins down in North Carolina working in medical sales, it's something I'm considering, but barely...it would be a lateral move pay-wise, at least for the first 2 years, and then it becomes a full commission-based sales job, which is not something I'm sure I want since I'm trying to build a business. Plus, as expected, they have to chase down their own leads and don't get assistance from their company aside from the actual product.

So lateral move, full relocation, then performance-based after 2 years making slightly less than I do now. Not sure about that.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a full commission-based sales job
If I were in sales, I would not do a full commission-based job. I would only do some job that is a base salary & commission combination. I would need to be able to budget around a base salary.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

I don't have an IT background, but I could probably learn some basic coding if that would help my case.

You would need to be better than a 4 year college grad if you want to get into IT without a degree. That's not super hard if you have the aptitude and work hard at it, but it isn't going to be easy either and would require you working your ass off for at least a year or two to learn and get better.

I got hired as a self taught developer with no industry experience and no degree so it's possible, just not easy.

Managerial type work is more hands on and the type of stuff they are making people come back to the office for more and more.

You might be able to get multiple customer service jobs and stack them to work both at the same time but it depends on how busy they are and how many calls you get.

You don't have the ideal career for remote work and you don't have enough skills to be in IT right now, so it's kind of hard to see how that would work out remotely.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were in sales, I would not do a full commission-based job. I would only do some job that is a base salary & commission combination. I would need to be able to budget around a base salary.
Yep, that's my apprehension.

You would need to be better than a 4 year college grad if you want to get into IT without a degree. That's not super hard if you have the aptitude and work hard at it, but it isn't going to be easy either and would require you working your ass off for at least a year or two to learn and get better.

I got hired as a self taught developer with no industry experience and no degree so it's possible, just not easy.

Managerial type work is more hands on and the type of stuff they are making people come back to the office for more and more.

You might be able to get multiple customer service jobs and stack them to work both at the same time but it depends on how busy they are and how many calls you get.

You don't have the ideal career for remote work and you don't have enough skills to be in IT right now, so it's kind of hard to see how that would work out remotely.
I figured as much, that's why I'm just seeing if anybody on here has suggestions on where to look as far as job sites, postings, etc.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’d go to community college at night and get some skills. Basic computer theory, C, maybe a web developer course but they will have prerequisites. This way, since you’re coming at tech jobs with no experience at least you can get an entry level help desk or maybe even desktop role. The natural progression is help desk > desktop > server side it or help desk to customer facing technical project management. But that’s years away if you choose to try to enter tech. Desktop and IT Ops is always hiring because people in it jump around a lot.

The holy grail these days is Development Operations and SRE if you ask me. Just a few years ago high flight devops engineers were in to 200+ base range, probably more now.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I’d go to community college at night and get some skills. Basic computer theory, C, maybe a web developer course but they will have prerequisites. This way, since you’re coming at tech jobs with no experience at least you can get an entry level help desk or maybe even desktop role. The natural progression is help desk > desktop > server side it or help desk to customer facing technical project management. But that’s years away if you choose to try to enter tech. Desktop and IT Ops is always hiring because people in it jump around a lot.

The holy grail these days is Development Operations and SRE if you ask me. Just a few years ago high flight devops engineers were in to 200+ base range, probably more now.
I've had to pick up DevOps skills on the fly since we own both our applications and the Azure cloud service they live on so half of the time is spent doing stuff in azure versus software engineering.

Always great to add skills to your toolbox but it's kind of a pain in the ass to be doing everything in one.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I've had to pick up DevOps skills on the fly since we own both our applications and the Azure cloud service they live on so half of the time is spent doing stuff in azure versus software engineering.

Always great to add skills to your toolbox but it's kind of a pain in the ass to be doing everything in one.
True Devops is IaaS as well as PaaS, AWS, Azure and GC offer IaaS so most folks are isolated from IaaS. When I started my career at a VLC years ago I was only overseeing PaaS, I subsequently orchestrated the take over of the IaaS teams as well and eventually was given the CI/CD teams, because frankly the best way to manage these operations is to have a senior director in charge of all three with directors and senior managers in charge of each silo.

When I left unnamed corporation we were running 75,000 workloads, across in house RH Openstack Kubernetes, and our outward facing stacks were a toss up between GC and Az. We used SALT and Puppet for config management.

All that said you start out in that universe as a Unix sysadmin that can write interpreted languages and has badass script-fu, and that leads you into IaaS, then PaaS, etc.