Where is the American attraction dynamic headed??

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
Lots of content to cover. But to give a quick summary:

There seems to be a closing of the gap of traditional gender roles between men and women, which I think will continue. This is a pity. I support that men and women are equal, but we are also different. I prefer to celebrate the differences, but many people think to be truly equal we need to abolish them.

I don't know about women being pickier. But they are now a lot more active in choosing partners than in the past, where they seemed passive recipients of advances. Going online and making an effort to find a partner would be an example of this.

I always believe that things have a tendency to auto correct. If a 3/10 keeps rejecting anyone below a 9/10, she will likely have no partners and will clue in eventually that if she wants anyone she will have to lower her standards. Same goes for men too.

The problem is there are many men who want a quick lay and slow down this realization. Men will compromise standards for easy sex (e.g POF), with no desire to start a serious relationship, and inflate the ego of these women. It will take her even longer to clue in that this attention isn't due to her value, but merely for sex and she might see a pattern emerge that no longterm relationships have come. At that point she might start using factors other than looks to evaluate good partners. It's just like dating the 9/10 cheerleader with daddy issues, eventually guys realize this is not good relationship material. If not, well then they just come to the Misc. and talk about how all women are *****s.

This is all based off course on people continuing with monogamous relationships being the norm, which I think it will. With an equal number of guys and girls, then there is just enough for people to match off equally, and often higher value people will choose other higher value people. If a single man could have many mates, like in some animals, then for sure many lower value guys will be screwed. But, since we have a limit of sorts, I think the auto correction perspective holds true since people will have to accept their value and place and date someone appropriate for them as the people higher on the heirarchy are taken/waiting for better prospects.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
men and women aren't equal

feminism reached it's stated goals in the 80's and instead of declaring victory and calling it a day, they've kept right on pushing

almost no sexism exists again women

men experience quite a bit of it

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel as long as society remains anti-discriminatory and tolerant, and hates racism, sexism, etc., then the current paradigm will remain. This includes interracial dating being OK, open relationships being OK, sexuality being fluid, etc.