When will you guys realize that LOOKS are almost all that matters!?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Men are rated pass/fail. Men who pass should work on their career before buying AquaNet.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men are rated pass/fail. Men who pass should work on their career before buying AquaNet.
Some women are turned off by a guy who uses product in his hair. There is a perception that guys should not spend time on their hair, that's a feminine thing. (Product isn't Aquanet, but same principle applies). They think men should wash their hair and go, and should be concerned with masculine things, not primping their hair in the mirror like a woman. Women are about beauty, men are about action.

On the other hand, some girls really like guys with product in their hair, especially the spiked look. So go figure.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Some women are turned off by a guy who uses product in his hair. There is a perception that guys should not spend time on their hair, that's a feminine thing. (Product isn't Aquanet, but same principle applies). They think men should wash their hair and go, and should be concerned with masculine things, not primping their hair in the mirror like a woman. Women are about beauty, men are about action.

On the other hand, some girls really like guys with product in their hair, especially the spiked look. So go figure.
When I had full hair, I got a lot of mileage out of either a messy gelled look or more often by spiking up the front (using gel or wax).

The stereotypical soap star Chad has the front of his hair spiked up. If a white dude has the hair to rock that look, it works well.

Serenity

Reaction score
Haven't noticed this thread. but I'll throw my opinion in here.
Looks are not totally insignificant, but it's pointless to focus on it and let it hold us back. A good looking guy with good game will of course have a better chance than a not so good looking guy with the same level of game. However, a not so good looking guy with great game is miles ahead of a guy with similar looks but with bad or no game. It's not a whole lot we can do about our looks (without surgery, but fuck that), so even worrying about it is useless and that energy is better spent changing what can be changed regarding game.

I often use products to give a spiky sideways look, my hair is really flat without using it. I'm sure some women don't like it and I believe age is relevant here. I'm in my 20's and I don't think most women mind it then, but for men twice my age it can pretty easily look weird. If any woman doesn't like my hair because she has the opinion that it's a feminine thing, then she's probably a lot more philosophical than I'd prefer anyways. I can understand if some don't like it because they'd like to touch my hair without getting sticky, that's at least a pragmatic reason which is fair enough. I really don't care if someone thinks it's feminine, I simply cannot be swayed by social constructs like that.

My spiked hairstyle goes really well with my looks just like being bald goes well with a different type of looks. I don't think being bald would fit me and I know for sure many others would not fit my hairstyle.

Doc Kas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha this thread turned into how we style our hair. Nice work guys

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally not true

Back before i had game when i had low self esteem etc i got ZERO girls

after developing myself for a while i was getting girls i would have NEVER thought i could get before.

It's mindest

"looks is all that matters" is an excuse that cowards use who don't want to look at themselves and realize what they need to work on.

A

AJ84

Totally not true

Back before i had game when i had low self esteem etc i got ZERO girls

after developing myself for a while i was getting girls i would have NEVER thought i could get before.

It's mindest

"looks is all that matters" is an excuse that cowards use who don't want to look at themselves and realize what they need to work on.
Because it's easier to place blame and accountability than make an effort to change. I used to work with a girl who was very overweight and this was around the time that the body acceptance movement began. She embraced that of course but seemed to think that by doing that, men were expected to embrace it as well(?). Well when that didn't happen guess whose fault it was? Not hers of course :/.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Confidence is the most attractive outfit one can wear.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I went to see Pamela Anderson at a comic-con like i nearly did, I figured if I was more attractive, there would be much more physical touching in the picture than the coy smile that would result. :p
Putting aside the women subject, it's tough out there. The hardest thing I have learned is that I am merely a drone and recepticle. 10+ years being bullied, teased and picked on, now I am asked to put something back into society by working and have random strangers asking me for change. What's going on?

Last edited:
Top Bottom