Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's Your Therapy?

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you can't take it anymore and life seems to be dragging you down, what do you do to get out of that funk?

For me nothing works better than

• Listening to and making music
• Dancing (even if its in my undies)
• Bike ride
• Mini-vacation / adventure with my lady
• Night out with the fellas
• Playing with my cat

Any of these things instantly dissolve my worries.

How do you guys deal with the daily grind?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those are good. I go play the piano to make myself feel better. Light drinking also helps.

my cat is kind of a b1tch, tho

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fencing, nothing better than the moment when you only thinking about your blade and how to get pass theirs.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listening to music, although if you listen to the wrong stuff it makes it worse :p

Hangin' out with the fellas, always good for a laugh and a good time

Some exercise or dancing

And best of all I think, a good night sleep :)

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, sleeping definitely helps. I tend to get depressed sometimes just because I'm tired.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to meditate in my self-made sensory deprivation float tank after a hard physical workout. It is a small, sound proof chamber containing a mixture of magnesium sulfate, water and is heated to skin temperature. You can't see anything, you can't hear anything, and after a while you can't feel anything because you are floating in a salt water solution that is indescernable from your own body.

The experiences I've had in the tank are too many to talk about here, but when you come back out of it you feel more aware and more alive than ever before. I highly recommend you all try one sometime. I love it.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo I've read about them and really want to try one of them one day. They come highly reccomended in a lot of sports medicine books. How did you make it yourself?

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play piano, or listen to music, or sleep.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, I built a large insulated wooden box, put rubber swimming pool lining inside of it, placed a water bed heater under that, and plumed in a water filter. You will also need about 800lbs of epsom salt and a really good temperature gauge with a digital readout in order to make it work properly.

http://www.borderbuy.com/float.htm
This guy has some pretty good basic plans that were very easy to follow... sorry these aren't free, however. And to be honest, the $20.00 price tag is a tad over priced for about 40 pages worth of information...:cuss:

Besides, I pretty much gave away his magic secret for making the damn thing work right here... a simple waterbed heater!

thehexman

Don Juan
Reaction score
My stuff:

1) get some sweets and read a good book ( I read every day before going to sleep)

2) meditate

3) go for a run and lift some weights

4) get drunk while watching old movies I love

It all depends on how bad I'm feeling, 4) is for the worst, suicidal feelings. I actually stayed that way for weeks at a time before I found this site.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
I like to meditate in my self-made sensory deprivation float tank after a hard physical workout. It is a small, sound proof chamber containing a mixture of magnesium sulfate, water and is heated to skin temperature. You can't see anything, you can't hear anything, and after a while you can't feel anything because you are floating in a salt water solution that is indescernable from your own body.

The experiences I've had in the tank are too many to talk about here, but when you come back out of it you feel more aware and more alive than ever before. I highly recommend you all try one sometime. I love it.
I heard Joe Rogan has one of those...do you know how much those cost or how to make them?

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you can't take it anymore and life seems to be dragging you down, what do you do to get out of that funk?
I quit acting like a pu$$y.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:D
Ken785 said:
I heard Joe Rogan has one of those...do you know how much those cost or how to make them?

Yeah, I saw an interview on youtube where he was showing off his tank. You can buy them on ebay for about $3000.00. Mine cost less than $1000.00, but I kinda' spent a little more than I actually had to just making it look nice. I listed some info on how to make one above, but if you want more detailed info please PM me, I don't wanna take the thread too far off topic.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These are great guys. I love Aboleo's idea of a DIY deprivation tank.
(You may want to start a new thread for that so you can help out people who want to do this)

I also forgot a couple of little things I do for a therapeutic shift

• Long hot shower with my essential oils (lavender is very relaxing)
• Smoke a fattie (very rare these days, but comes in handy)
• Help people out (focus on solving problems clears my head)
• Have sex (no more wacking for this old-timer)

ChrizZ said:
I quit acting like a pu$$y.
Yeah, but what exactly do you do to snap out of it? I know that when I'm at my lowest, just trying to change my mind is not enough.. I have to do something specific to change my energy and push me out of that rut

Francisco d'Anconia said:
This place...
I can see that. Aside from helping folks out and maybe clearing up your problems, SoSuave has what I like to call the Jerry Springer effect. You think that your life is messed up, and then you read some of these threads and realize how together your head really is. All that's missing are the transvestite midgets :p

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Fortunately I don't have many "down times" but when I feel the need to decompress I:

1. Go to my humidor and grab a Bolivar or Partagas black and pour a nice tall glass of Old Granddad or Whiskey River and sit out by the pool and watch the sun go down. Talk about serenity :D .

2. I write. I write either here or on my novel.

3. Sit and watch episodes of Family Guy with Mrs. K and Li'l K and laugh together.

4. Make out with whichever of my five dogs are in my lap. This should probably be number one.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:
...I can see that. Aside from helping folks out and maybe clearing up your problems, SoSuave has what I like to call the Jerry Springer effect. You think that your life is messed up, and then you read some of these threads and realize how together your head really is. All that's missing are the transvestite midgets :p
Fingers! Fingers! Fingers!

Sorry, reminiscing about the days when you could easily confuse the Jerry Springer Show with WWF Wrestling...

I see this place as a pretty good cross section of how guys perceive the world and yes, it definitely looks better looking in from the outside. The best thing is that I believe that when guys get into a forum like this they are a bit more honest about their beliefs than when surrounded by their peers at a bar. Very interesting.

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
For me its anything that I can get into the flow of.

Lifting weights
Cycling
Chilling with cool people
Writing lyrics
Programming
Photoshopping
Reading
Smoking up

And my top one - meditation.

The deprivation tank sounds like a cool idea. Need to try that one of these days.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meditation
Lift heavy weights/run
Try to talk to beautiful women
Sportscenter
Listen to Tool
Talk to guys from my lair
Suround myself with postive people ONLY
Eat fruits and vegetables
Recite recent accomplishments