What's it mean when a girl asks if you're gay?

Hobbs

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not gay, I have nothing against gay guys or girls.

A few times lately, in the last 2-3 months i've got out with friends and talked up some girls and I've been asked if I was gay or even got a 'your not gay?'
Every time I've asked why they would ask that they say 'because you're really good looking' ..WTF?

I'd say i'm average looking. I'm lean/fit I have a photo of me in the fitness section on this site.
I think I might dress a bit better than most guys.
I have a low voice, I dont talk with a lisp or wave my hands around or anything, So i'm trying to figure what is up.

Anyone have experience with this, or a good way to react afterwards?
When a girl asks me I drop my game and focus on where she'd got that from.
They don't say it in a snobby way or anything, they say it as if they're in awe but it's just ****ing annoying!

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
They think you're so attractive that you shouldn't be on the market. This is actually a compliment.

Case closed. Make a move on these girls.

headFirst

Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe you are too perfect in everything you do.

Next time a girl says that be like.. What gives you that idea? And if they say just wondering be like no b!tch.. Tell me... Otherwise I'll show you how gay I am not.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I agree with the Judge.

They find you attractive and are rattled that you aren't hitting on them.

Chick logic = "A guy can't be good looking, not falling all over me, AND be straight at the same time."

So yes, it's a compliment.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wants to know if you take d!ck up the butt. Or in the mouth.

Truth be told, anyone on this site could interpret something 100 different ways. People will tell you to next, they will say it's a compliment, they will tell you it's just banter...what matters is what YOU think. Personally, I believe it's just a chick looking for your attention. She may think you are good looking and want you to hit on her. She may be dumbfounded you haven't. Or she could just be looking to start some sh!t. You'll never know so stop thinking about it and just game her.

When in doubt, always game.

Hobbs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys

The only hard thing about it is I take offense to it.
Again im completely cool with gay people
Just when someone says im gay I feel like they're challenging my manhood or something

Plus, none of my other friends ever get this reaction from girls
And its started happening since I moved to Toronto, back home it never happened (then again back home a new face was rare)
I'll develop some game to get passed it

Hobbs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meast1525 said:
Gotta agree with the Judge on this one too... You should read that article by Pook... He used to get that all the time from chicks. It is a compliment bro.
Really?? Which article?

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its a compliment. I feel like it can be used to get instant play. Something to the effect like, "Hmmm, let me see..." kiss her, grab a boob, grab an ass, or something and be like, "you know what! I don't think I am!"

Could work, or could just be a horrible idea. Let me know how it works

Uberguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hobbs said:
Thanks for the input guys

The only hard thing about it is I take offense to it.
Again im completely cool with gay people
Just when someone says im gay I feel like they're challenging my manhood or something
Bear in mind that millions of young women have been indoctrinated with this belief that "all the good men are taken or gay." Chances are that she finds it hard to believe that a man of your quality is actually single.

Best thing to do is to prove to her that you are very, very straight.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Though the OP is probably good looking, I'm not convinced it's such a compliment. How many people have asked Peyton Manning if he's gay? Let's not encourage everyone to look gay. The OP does not specify height and weight.

While this probably isn't the issue, men should know that many chemicals are feminizing including unfermented soy (tofu and soy milk) and canned food (liners contain Bisphenol-A).

Gay people often look better because they can judge their own sex. It must be strange to be sexually attracted to yourself.

Hobbs

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Though the OP is probably good looking, I'm not convinced it's such a compliment. How many people have asked Peyton Manning if he's gay? Let's not encourage everyone to look gay. The OP does not specify height and weight.

While this probably isn't the issue, men should know that many chemicals are feminizing including unfermented soy (tofu and soy milk) and canned food (liners contain Bisphenol-A).

Gay people often look better because they can judge their own sex. It must be strange to be sexually attracted to yourself.
There's a photo of me in the fitness thread.
I'm pretty skinny and somewhat tall, but fit.

And I dont eat any of that vegan **** lol
Tofu is gross to me and I dont like any food from can
But that is a good guess, I would have never thought food could have feminizing qualities.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://i.imgur.com/OdmIK.jpg
You do look very feminine and GAY. The real problem is that you look like a prick. The type of gay boy that even gay men avoid. I wouldn't hire you to work at Starbucks, let alone take my bags up to my room. And if you did take my bags to my room I wouldn't tip you. Get a man's haircut, put a shirt on, and make some money when you grow up. End.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
I've been asked by a much younger chick that I know has a boyfriend if I'm 'gay'. I think chicks who find you don't give a fvck and destroy all of their little tests think you either are secretly married, have a girlfriend, or are gay because most dudes are after them like h0rny poodles.

It fvcks with their heads when you aren't slobbering over them and they throw out the questions.

If they ask if you're gay respond: Why? Do you want to find out for yourself?

Last edited:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think he looks gay. He's in good shape. As men get older they get more masculine. He's just young.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Though the OP is probably good looking, I'm not convinced it's such a compliment. How many people have asked Peyton Manning if he's gay?

Sh1t and just two weeks ago some chick had to describe me as I'd helped her and she said the guy who looks like Peyton Manning. LMFAO

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i had this happen to me by a stripper once. she was easy a 8+. my and a friend was busy playing games. ( was my last time i would see him for awhile)

so i just neged the **** out of the stripper. ( I though her ego would be out of this world. so i needed to bring it back to earth.) though i missed the optionality to capitalize. though it turned out to be good that i did. apparently she was a crazy ho. so

anyway. good to know it was a complement. though i just think she was used to, EVERY GUY hitting on her.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:

Im tending to lean towards this (the first part. I dont know about chemicals in food that make men effeminate)

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave666 said:
She wants to know if you take d!ck up the butt. Or in the mouth.

Truth be told, anyone on this site could interpret something 100 different ways. People will tell you to next, they will say it's a compliment, they will tell you it's just banter...what matters is what YOU think. Personally, I believe it's just a chick looking for your attention. She may think you are good looking and want you to hit on her. She may be dumbfounded you haven't. Or she could just be looking to start some sh!t. You'll never know so stop thinking about it and just game her.

When in doubt, always game.
This.

I also wonder, though, if you move gracefully like a woman? If so, you might want to try to move your limbs in a more angular way.

For me, the biggest tipoff to gayness is a graceful, lilting and expressive voice and moving and nodding the head while talking. The head nodding is a sure-fire tell. Of course none of this may apply to you at all, OP, but these are a couple of tells to look out for.

But 666 is right...no one really knows how you're projecting yourself so you will get all sorts of interpretations.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
http://i.imgur.com/OdmIK.jpg
You do look very feminine and GAY. The real problem is that you look like a prick. The type of gay boy that even gay men avoid. I wouldn't hire you to work at Starbucks, let alone take my bags up to my room. And if you did take my bags to my room I wouldn't tip you. Get a man's haircut, put a shirt on, and make some money when you grow up. End.

HA HA HA big jimbo your a legend ;)