What the fvck happened to becoming a DJ?

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time I come back to this forum I see a bunch of BS posts. I have only been around for 3 years but it is over this time I have seen so many trolls come by and make this forum less and less useful. This used to be a place I could check up on for insight from more experienced and wise Don Juans. Now, I would say 2% of the guys that use this site are actually striving to become DON JUANS. The other 98% just want a quick fix on their "problem", only to find themselves in the same ****ty situation with the next girl.

Back when I joined we talked about spinning plates, improving our lives, and embodying everything DON JUAN. We all worked on OURSELVES. Not just to be a "player" or "ladies man" but to live a fulfilling life- the way we want to live our lives.

Let's actually talk about meaningful things that will change each others' lives. No more "why didn't she pick up her phone" posts. You guys are old enough for this BS.

To the older SoSuavers, thanks for keeping it real.

To the new SoSuavers, go read the DJ bible and learn what we are here to do. (http://www.sosuave.com/bible/bible.htm)

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. A lot of people come here wanting to fix the symptoms instead of dealing with the underlying cause of their problems. A person with a weak mindset who gets a woman he's been pining over is still a person with a weak mindset. Ironically, by being the man with a weak state of mind, he will either eventually lose the woman he wanted anyway or he will be a miserable man who is her slave, catering to her every little whim, walking on eggshells, and never standing up for himself.

Sometimes the best choice is just walking away. That's something a lot of people on here don't want to accept. You have to be willing to walk away and have some self-respect. Another good thing is, by being willing to walk away and refusing to accept substandard behavior from yourself and others, you're making the most use of your valuable time by not wasting it. And by not wasting your time, you have more time to do what you want and you invite only the people you want into your life.

It might be frustrating to see people come here who just want to keep following in their same self-destructive habits but I guess they need the help more than anyone else. It's a necessary evil on a forum like this. Maybe it means more people are being exposed to the idea that there's a better way. So what you're getting is a large number of people who are "green" and trying to find a better way of doing things. I usually ignore a lot of these topics too, because I hate sounding like a broken record and repeating myself. But sometimes, if I see someone that needs help and their topic catches my interest, I'll respond.

Anyway, if you look hard enough and keep your eyes open, you'll find some good stuff in here. About the only thing I can tell you is to find what you like and what is useful on here and ignore the rest of it.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sofomore said:
Every time I come back to this forum I see a bunch of BS posts. I have only been around for 3 years but it is over this time I have seen so many trolls come by and make this forum less and less useful. This used to be a place I could check up on for insight from more experienced and wise Don Juans. Now, I would say 2% of the guys that use this site are actually striving to become DON JUANS. The other 98% just want a quick fix on their "problem", only to find themselves in the same ****ty situation with the next girl.
Back when I joined, the same thing was said. For as far back as I can remember, people have always said the forums have gone downhill from some golden era, and the golden era seems to last maybe about six months from the time someone joins. Rather, what I think may be happening is nostalgia bias, the distortion of memories. People remember the great hits and forget the bullshït. It’s like when people complain that Hollywood doesn't make any good movies anymore, when the truth is 95% of movies during the golden era of classical cinema were trainwrecks. Everyone remembers Citizen Kane but not the twenty forgettable movies around it.

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. it wasn't this bad when I joined couple years back, and I definitely need more quality posts to learn from. all the master djs keeping things good in this forum props to you