Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is this "taxation is theft" meme I read from american users on twitter?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just an overly reductive argument about the tax system being utterly broken.

We work jobs to get money.
This money gets taxed.
The money we have left, we get to spend on goods, that are taxed.
So that we can drive our car, which we pay taxes on, to the gas station to buy gas, that is taxed.
To go back to work so we can sell things that are taxed to other people.

You worked yourself into an early grave trying to provide a comfortable life for your children? That money is getting taxed, even though it's already been taxed, and you've already paid taxes on the interest that this money has made.

So taxes aren't really theft, but it certainly feels like it. Especially when these clowns we call "politicians" spend our tax money on sh*t we don't agree with, while they evade taxes better than everyone else.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Europeans pay taxes to have adequate public transportation, reliable infrastructure, Trustable Public Safety, Education, and etc.

Americans pay taxes to have little to no public Transportation, unreliable infrastructure, law enforcement that is more stupid speed traps rather than protecting and serving, lackluster education, long lines at grocery stores because EBT/Food Stamp moms have 2 full carts of junk food, and a military that has won a war since WW2 :)

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Europeans pay taxes to have adequate public transportation, reliable infrastructure, Trustable Public Safety, Education, and etc.

Americans pay taxes to have little to no public Transportation, unreliable infrastructure, law enforcement that is more stupid speed traps rather than protecting and serving, lackluster education, long lines at grocery stores because EBT/Food Stamp moms have 2 full carts of junk food, and a military that has won a war since WW2 :)
I'm afraid you are 15 years back in time, maybe 20.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all taxation is theft, but a good deal of it is. Why should money be taken from me to pay off someone else's student loans? Why should money be taken from me to house people who entered the country illegally in hotels? I could go on but you get the idea.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you post a link with mostly poor countries that have little income to tax and countries that are major oil exporters.

How about virtually every other country in Europe, Canada and normal countries that have a GDP of more than $10K?

View attachment 12259
So we are not one of the least taxed countries in the world then. In addition, total tax revenue as a share of gdp does not tell the full story. However, my main issue is that for the amount of taxes that I am paying, I feel like I am not receiving any value from paying them. For example, I can go to East Jabib, France and personal transportation not be a necessity, worry about a pot whole or road hazard fvcking up my car, and having to worry about a healthcare scare.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Part of the issue here is that people talk about taxes in different ways.

I don’t count corporate taxes or taxes on anything other than marginal tax rates on individual income. Most people arguing for lower taxes are going to use figures that include all types of taxation even on corporations, which makes their story sound more compelling.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all taxation is theft, but a good deal of it is. Why should money be taken from me to pay off someone else's student loans? Why should money be taken from me to house people who entered the country illegally in hotels? I could go on but you get the idea.
Why should I pay for other people’s children to go to school? I don’t have kids. Etc etc etc.

Taxes are necessary in this society. I don’t complain about them. Some countries don’t even have running water or paved roads.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taxes are necessary in this society. I don’t complain about them. Some countries don’t even have running water or paved roads.
Didn't we pass a 6.6 trillion dollar "infrastructure" bill recently? I haven't seen much improvement on the roads, and I'm pretty sure the water in Flint is still undrinkable.

Taxes are necessary, but the way they're used is absolutely asinine.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't we pass a 6.6 trillion dollar "infrastructure" bill recently? I haven't seen much improvement on the roads, and I'm pretty sure the water in Flint is still undrinkable.
No, $6.6 trillion was the asked for amount. Only $1.2 trillion was passed by Congress. Just a $5 trillion difference.. no biggie.

I’ve seen modest improvements. Some major projects got funded. Near me Newark Airport got a brand new terminal and Amtrak / NJ Transit is finally getting Gateway tunnels passed.

Last edited: