Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is better than the dj bible?

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.bodylanguageuniversity.com/public/239.cfm

It is entitled:

Anatomy of the Alpha Male From Identification to Impersonation

Understand the science, history and theories behind the alpha and beta male society, then you will understand how this all works.

The only thing that can make you better with women is practice and knowledge.

Too much misinterpretation of the 'dj bible' and not enough practice on this forum.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of good information there but it is flawed in one way.

It is generally accepted that the alpha male provides for the group and takes care of the group's needs, including protection. This article focuses on self-absorption and essentially looking down on all others. That seems to be the general tone.

IMO, the writer is describing the alpha who must and will fall from his throne when the resentful beta(s) organize an uprising. You can't be alpha in today's society and expect to remain there without your subjects granting you leadership. Lasting leadership is not seized; it is granted by those being led.

In my sphere, I'm granted leadership everywhere I go because not only do I display many of the traits listed in the article, but I'm also perceived as posessing internal resources that the betas don't have. I assume authority, and much of that authority involves taking care of my underlings. Since they can sense that, they willingly grant me that leadership.

Does inducing fear ever come into play? Sometimes, definitely. But the general modus operandi should be projecting strength, rock-solid resolve and the capacity to protect and provide for the well-being of your underlings. That being said, it should be clearly understood that there will be punishment for anyone who challenges or crosses the king.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
A lot of good information there but it is flawed in one way.

It is generally accepted that the alpha male provides for the group and takes care of the group's needs, including protection. This article focuses on self-absorption and essentially looking down on all others. That seems to be the general tone.

IMO, the writer is describing the alpha who must and will fall from his throne when the resentful beta(s) organize an uprising. You can't be alpha in today's society and expect to remain there without your subjects granting you leadership. Lasting leadership is not seized; it is granted by those being led.

In my sphere, I'm granted leadership everywhere I go because not only do I display many of the traits listed in the article, but I'm also perceived as posessing internal resources that the betas don't have. I assume authority, and much of that authority involves taking care of my underlings. Since they can sense that, they willingly grant me that leadership.

Does inducing fear ever come into play? Sometimes, definitely. But the general modus operandi should be projecting strength, rock-solid resolve and the capacity to protect and provide for the well-being of your underlings. That being said, it should be clearly understood that there will be punishment for anyone who challenges or crosses the king.
It is not 'generally accepted', but it is a matter for debate. Loved leader vs feared leader is a debate that has been around for centuries. I personally would disagree with you and would sit closer to the fear spectrum. But the 'general modus operandi' is completely down to whichever historical leader you look to, and is entirely a personal choice. Both ways work.

However seizing is undoubtedly more alpha, which is the purpose of the article. We are trying to improve our social position, not keep a nation happy and keep separatists at bay.

You need to let go of your prejudices about 'good vs evil'. Evil is an opinion, in this case influenced by envy.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting read even if most of these characteristics are known to the lot of us.

One observation which deserves more distinction is the difference between the alpha and the betas. Too often we look at this in a binary fashion where only being alpha is good, and beta is bad. What we neglect to mention or accept is that most of us are beta males or less. In truth, there are spectra where beta males can have characteristics similar to the alpha male. If you displace one alpha into another group, he might be a beta male by definition, but still posses his original traits. In short, think of a big fish in a small pond going to a bigger pond...

I could look at the list at the end and check off some things I do exactly like an alpha male. Additionally, I could also find some items where I act exactly like a beta male. For example, I have always had anxiety in big games when it comes to sports and subsequently perform worse. In the games where I knew I could win, we kicked ass ( won something like 7 championships in intercollegiate sports, but lost a fair share too). On the other side of the spectrum, I have picked up chicks where they tell me my eye contact is intense. These two pieces of information are a bit contradictory if one looks at this strictly from a go (alpha) or no-go (beta) perspective. But as I hypothesized in my first paragraph...its not a go , no-go situation.

My recent fascination on the subject hasn't been because of these forums so much ( too many wannabes really), but rather a national geographic documentary on Netflix which discusses stress. I urge interested parties to check it out! A prominent scientist follows around packs of chimps and observes the habits of the alpha males. The top dogs get their share of women and boss around the lower ranked ones. Subsequently, the level of plaque buildup in their arteries or stress is related to where you are on the chain. Thus if you were higher up, you created stress for others but didn't have any for yourself. Something went ary in the tribe of monkeys the scientist was following; they ate a bad batch of food and all the alpha males died. None of the beta's did since they didn't have first choice! They thought the experiment was over, but what ended up happening was the stress levels of the tribe went way down and mating was shared much more evenly!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
It is not 'generally accepted', but it is a matter for debate. Loved leader vs feared leader is a debate that has been around for centuries. I personally would disagree with you and would sit closer to the fear spectrum. But the 'general modus operandi' is completely down to whichever historical leader you look to, and is entirely a personal choice. Both ways work.

However seizing is undoubtedly more alpha, which is the purpose of the article. We are trying to improve our social position, not keep a nation happy and keep separatists at bay.

You need to let go of your prejudices about 'good vs evil'. Evil is an opinion, in this case influenced by envy.
In a real-world situation, you would be the easiest guy in the world to out-alpha. You can't control your combative nature, and therefore are severely under-armed in terms of nuance and long-term leadership. As usual, most of my post went ENTIRELY overy your head because of the filter through which you view most things.

My social situation and leadership capabilities speak for themselves, and therefore I have utter confidence in myself and my "alphan-ess" (I actually never use the term, "alpha", but for the sake of this discussion). I always rise to the top of any group specifically because of my ability to provide leadership that is recognized as beneficial to most. As I mentioned in my post, I do indeed punish those who cross the king. Fear is a part of it but if not harnessed properly it can turn against the leader real quick.

You will always be trumped in an alpha shoot-out because of that lack of self-control, the fact that you need to find a battleground wherever you go, and your penchant for vomiting out your diatribes before thoroughly thinking. Guys like you are easily defeated through exposure.

You are fortunate indeed that Atom Smasher has granted you attention today, as he usually does not engage Internet kids looking for a fight. As you mature, you will find that leadership is a game of strategy, a game of building trust and demonstrating the provision of VALUE, the knowledge of when to seize power, and the ability to maintain and preserve power though cultivating the perception of value provision to those who you lead.

Don't be like my mom's little chiuaua who squares off with me and barks and growls to protect its little territory. It doesn't have the tiniest concept that I could give it one swift kick and send it flying. No, you'd be better off being a man and developing proper alpha/leadership skills and leveraging them in your own life. You're scolding the wrong man, little guy.

Edit: I only engage this guy for entertainment and instructional purposes. He likes to square off with me from time to time and although I usually ignore, occasionally I like to tap him back.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thus if you were higher up, you created stress for others but didn't have any for yourself. Something went ary in the tribe of monkeys the scientist was following; they ate a bad batch of food and all the alpha males died. None of the beta's did since they didn't have first choice! They thought the experiment was over, but what ended up happening was the stress levels of the tribe went way down and mating was shared much more evenly!
I'm not convinced by the ending of the study. I would hypothesize confidently that a new ranking would form, and eventually there would be a new ranking order from perceived alpha to beta. You said it yourself, alphatude is relative. The most alpha of a 1000 regular men would still bow below a masculine star like 50 cent.

It is instinctive human male behavior to fall into place behind a man more alpha.

Atom Smasher said:
In a real-world situation, you would be the easiest guy in the world to out-alpha. You can't control your combative nature, and therefore are severely under-armed in terms of nuance and long-term leadership. As usual, most of my post went ENTIRELY overy your head because of the filter through which you view most things.
No-one is squaring off with you.

If you get annoyed then dont post, no need for long repetitive ramble that I wont even read because its too long.

I gave your post credit than you realized, i was actually opening it and re-directing to the topic at hand. But it went over your head and you couldn't control your emotions. Dont project that irony on me, make me laugh lol.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
I'm not convinced by the ending of the study. I would hypothesize confidently that a new ranking would form, and eventually there would be a new ranking order from perceived alpha to beta. You said it yourself, alphatude is relative. The most alpha of a 1000 regular men would still bow below a masculine star like 50 cent.

It is instinctive human male behavior to fall into place behind a man more alpha.
Like I said, you should watch it so you can get the full story. My post doesn't provide closure on what happened, just a few tidbits relevant to this discussion.

The Betas did not really fight over dominance within the hierarchical structure. The level of incidents between alphas and betas decreased as the alpha pests were all gone. Moreover, when new alphas tried to enter the group, the beta's blocked them and they were not assimilated to the tribe at all.

This incident was unplanned, and the scientist thought his research was over. The findings are quite contradictory to what you ( or I for that matter, I agree with you) could have predicted. The death of the alpha's changed the dynamics of the group significantly.

Nature has some cruel twists that will always surprise us. Nothing is set in stone.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher, Ease just said he disagreed with you and pointed out why and then you cooked up several paragraphs of bs comparing Ease to an out of control combative chihuahua and attacking him personally. I think you're a little sensitive.

Back on topic the website post was actually pretty good. Thank you for posting it.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
Atom Smasher, Ease just said he disagreed with you and pointed out why and then you cooked up several paragraphs of bs comparing Ease to an out of control combative chihuahua and attacking him personally. I think you're a little sensitive.

Back on topic the website post was actually pretty good. Thank you for posting it.
ArcBound, I'll answer because I can tell you're not aware of the history. He fairly persistently and aggressively challenges me in other threads when he's in the mood to pick a fight. Specifically because of that history, I sometimes swat him down, and other times ignore him. He doesn't conduct himself as a gentleman with a different point of view, rather, he attacks aggressively.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
http://www.bodylanguageuniversity.com/public/239.cfm
Understand the science, history and theories behind the alpha and beta male society, then you will understand how this all works.
In ancient India the brahmanas, the priestly or intellectual class, were at the top (how it should be). Doesn't really fit into the alpha male dominance theory.

I have an alpha male in my office and he's kind of boring. He doesn't present himself as being human, complete with vulnerabilities. He's more like an efficient slab of meat. On the other hand, one of the best friends I've had was an alpha male. He never tried to exert his dominance, although it was obvious that he could if he wanted to. He tried to help those less fortunate than him. The so-called "alphas" who always need to show their "dominance" are a joke to me.

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
ArcBound, I'll answer because I can tell you're not aware of the history. He fairly persistently and aggressively challenges me in other threads when he's in the mood to pick a fight. Specifically because of that history, I sometimes swat him down, and other times ignore him. He doesn't conduct himself as a gentleman with a different point of view, rather, he attacks aggressively.
Yeah, Atom, show him! By being him! Wait, what? :confused: Nice logic, bro. :rockon:
The theory of the Alpha and Beta power balance only works in the primitive echelons of society, or when society temporarily breaks down into primitive function. When society is functioning at full complexity Alphabet-a power theory breaks down because of the rules and expectations of society betas have cooked up. In this way, the new alpha is more about luck and adaptation than the classical alpha of the dominant, cool-talking, body postured big guy your link describes. HOWEVER, our society is still greatly influenced by the primitive undercurrent of humanity and the classical alpha behaviors still work until encountering certain modern irregularities, where it suffers TOTAL FAILURE.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omkara said:
He never tried to exert his dominance, although it was obvious that he could if he wanted to. He tried to help those less fortunate than him. The so-called "alphas" who always need to show their "dominance" are a joke to me.
Good point. If a guy could truly exert his dominance whenever he wanted, why would he be putting off all these signals trying to tell everybody how alpha he is?

allbeef

Banned
Reaction score
Guys I somewhat new to this and was wondering if any of this is in audio form? Thinking of taking it in the car to and from work.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny, I got bored of reading that and skipped to the middle, where it cites a Nature paper I've actually read and draws some pretty far-out conclusions from it.

I agree -- too much theorizing happens here. But that website also wastes time on theory which seems like it's just hackneyed interpretations of science. "Cortisol-induced behaviors" -- what the ****? Can any of you who know what cortisol is explain to me how they came up with that list? I won't get into the historical stuff (also dubious) because I don't have as much knowledge about it.

I was hoping you were going to link to a site with specific, field-tested pointers. Real, concrete stuff people can use. This is the same old bull**** with a few science/history name-drops that don't actually add much to the argument.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think the site is 100% perfect either, there is parts i dont agree with.

The site refers to alpha and beta differences and traits as black and white, i'm disagree with that. He misses out the concept of relative alphaness and comparisons. Every 'alpha male' can be immediately made into a true beta male when put in the presence of a higher ranked alpha. The most popular guy of 10 people is no match for the leader of a 1000, like i said about the 50 cent references (lol).

But as far as theorizing from interpretations of science i think the article is great because it focuses on REAL STUDIES.

And the mice study was great. After smelling the scent of an alpha for a week, they no longer want the beta mice that are weaker. This is 100% visible to us everyday of our lives. Thats why when a girl has an 'a-hole boyfriend', she will keep going after 'a-holes' and never be satisfied with 'nice guys', and many other scenarios like that. Obviously the words 'a-hole' and 'nice guys' are words that girls use.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
J Roc said:
Experience
:up: Experience is the best teacher.

While books can certainly help, they don't mean a thing if you don't apply them.

JdelaSilviera

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
I dont think the site is 100% perfect either, there is parts i dont agree with.

The site refers to alpha and beta differences and traits as black and white, i'm disagree with that. He misses out the concept of relative alphaness and comparisons. Every 'alpha male' can be immediately made into a true beta male when put in the presence of a higher ranked alpha. The most popular guy of 10 people is no match for the leader of a 1000, like i said about the 50 cent references (lol).

But as far as theorizing from interpretations of science i think the article is great because it focuses on REAL STUDIES.

And the mice study was great. After smelling the scent of an alpha for a week, they no longer want the beta mice that are weaker. This is 100% visible to us everyday of our lives. Thats why when a girl has an 'a-hole boyfriend', she will keep going after 'a-holes' and never be satisfied with 'nice guys', and many other scenarios like that. Obviously the words 'a-hole' and 'nice guys' are words that girls use.
Nice thread, and nice post. I would give you a positive rep if sosuave allowed me... but because I gave you a negative one recently i can´t ehe

Alien

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would add that there is no such thing that out-alpha. That is "out-dominate".

"Every 'alpha male' can be immediately made into a true beta male when put in the presence of a higher ranked alpha."

This is only true if you define alpha as leader and beta as non-leader.

How come everyone links alpha to power and status? Then my female boss is more alpha than me?:nono: