What if we die?

Dedication

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not really sure if i'm ready to face death yet. I'm so young and i feel young, i have so much i still want to do. But sometime's the thought of the end occurs to me and i don't really know how to handle it.

What are your thoughts/views? I would like to hear them. So it can help me on this subject.

pingpongz

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you die you wont know you're dead because you will cease to exist. Thats why i believe anyways... the whole god thing just sounds a tad rediculous.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We live to die. You and I have no choice. If you're afraid, believe in reincarnation.

Should be discussed in anything else.

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dedication said:
I'm not really sure if i'm ready to face death yet. I'm so young and i feel young, i have so much i still want to do. But sometime's the thought of the end occurs to me and i don't really know how to handle it.

What are your thoughts/views? I would like to hear them. So it can help me on this subject.
You know I had a ponder at this recently. My mates brother was recently killed in a road accident (last friday actually), and I've been thinking about this quite a bit.

It's weird because we actually knew him, we shared experiences with him and all of a sudden he was gone. This had a somewhat profound effect on me. In the end I reached the conclusion that you should really enjoy life and make the most of what you have while you still have the time, because you never know when something unpredicted may come your way and change your life forever.

trd323

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Love everything in your life. Love your parents, your friends, your co-workers, and even the jack ass that cut you off on the freeway.

Go outside and just absorb the life that is around you, experience everything that is happening.

"stop and smell the roses"

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The truth is we are all on a one way trip, and we don't know when we will be asked to get off. Stop worrying about it and start living before it is too late. Me, I have almost died twice: once in a boating accident, and once in a really bad car smash. Not sure if I will make a third time (three strikes and you're out!). It gives you a total new perspective on life, and I wish most other people could experience it (without the pain of the accidents). It is hard to explain, but you loose all interest in the ego and material things and become at one with the world and gain a deep understanding.

I don't waste time, I get out and do things I want to do - I kinda live my bucket list. Make a list of the things you real want to do and then do them one by one and tick them off as you go. Hopefully, you will have a enough time to complete the list, but many don't but a least they lived a life.

How long have your or I got left? You can try here - death clock to see how long you have got left to live. http://www.deathclock.com/

Me, according to the clock, I have got until Sunday, January 31, 2044 to life which makes me about 84, and I am going to make every second count.

So turn off your computer, write a bucket list and get out and live your dreams today before it is too late - which could be 90 minutes from now or 90 days, 90 months or 90 years.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be scared. When you die you will wake up from this dream we call life.

FirstInstinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
Realize that in order to have life we need death.

If there was no death, there would be no motivation, no "push" from your brain to go out there and achieve what you have always wanted. This goes hand in hand with the AFC mentality, "there's always tomorrow". Without death, tomorrow will never come, and therefore your goals will never be achieved. Only when the restraint of death is added to the equation do we realize we only have so little time to do what we want, enjoy life, and then have a happy exit. We then realize we can't procrastinate forever, and we have to get it done some time or live a life of regret and die unhappy. There has to be consequence for there to be happiness.

Realize death is a necessary evil. Do not fear, merely accept. In fact, welcome death as a challenge every morning - "I never know when I may die. It could be this year, month, week, day, minute, or second. I want to get as much done within this time limit as I can."

It's like those old racing games where you'd try to get as far as possible in what, two minutes. You'd get checkpoints which extended your time, and let you go further.

It's just like life. You have this many years to go as far as you can. Your checkpoints are merely the amount of effort you put in to what you do, and the more effort you put in, the further you go.

slickaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fvk!! that death clock thing just freaked me out.

imagine if that WAS infact right.lol.

miine says i live till 2071.
still..putting a number to your end is freaky.

i dont believe in that anyway i believe Gods got a plan.
and if he wants me to up sooner then sweet.

Ive lost 4 of my best friends in car crashes, shooting etc

i myself have almost lost it 3 times, and since then i live life everyday as everyday.
go out and push it hard..before that i used to be a lazy dude..after that i realised i wanna own a fully done up Chip Foose mod'd Charger, i wanna spend go to space on a virgin galactic flight and i wanna own a successful private business..i wanna go to Africa and see the beasts and learnto fly. thats it really.

oh and i wanna bang all the hottest girls i see..clear out any useless ppl in my life

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A few years ago, I was terrified of death. While death is no fun, I think about this. If we do everything we want to do in our lives, and face our fears, when the time comes to pass on, we will have no regrets. I do not fear death. The only fear I have is to be 90 years old, and to say "I wish I would have done this with my life"

Dedication

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. As i it is bed time here i am going to sleep i have set my alarm on, i have the day off tomorrow and i didn't have much planned. But thats changed now i want to get everything thing done i can. And enjoy the evening with martial arts. The to-do list will be the first thing i make when i wake up. So i won't have any regret if i run out of time.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This bothers me sometimes and really bothered me for a while . .

When you think about it though, its illogical to worry about death. It will happen. For 100% certainty you will take a last breath and your body will shut down permanently. Now imagine when that's happening, remembering the stress you gave yourself while you were feeling good and ALIVE, worrying about death. You'd feel like an idiot.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We're all going to die. Time is ticking away. Keep that in mind always and live your lives to the fullest.

Desert Fox said:
Don't be scared. When you die you will wake up from this dream we call life.
Thats what the spiritual teachers say. We're not fully conscious in this life and only when we die do we become fully conscious as well as feel better then we can now imagine.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Death does not bother me.

As a nihilist being dead or alive are the same condition of meaninglessness to me.

That doesn't mean I don't try and have fun or as others might put it "live life to the fullest" it just means I acknowledge that all the fun and all the effort I put into my life does not matter and means nothing.

I am at peace with that knowledge.

Those who reject nihilsm usually do so because they can find no peace in the knowledge that their lives are no more significant than that of an ant colony.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You started dying the second you were born. You have to come to grips with the fact that it is inevitable.

Around this time last year the girl I was dating had a grandmother who was dying of cancer of the everything and she said one of the most profound things I've ever heard when she was asked about her impeding death "So what, I wake up tomorrow and I'm dead."

02hero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, if you haven't already, I would suggest reading the book "Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom.

chinwaggler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are scared of it, make the most of your life beforehand. There's nothing you can do about the inevitable.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
I AM READY TO DIE AT ANY TIME... I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH OF WHAT HUMAN LIFE HAS TO OFFER AND NOW ITS JUST A REPETITIVE CYCLE OF UPS AND DOWNS...

But until "god or satan" is ready to take me i guess i will have to continue the struggle to pay bills and find females to F...