What happens when the no contact rule doesnt work

tebow1120

Don Juan
Reaction score
My question for you guys out there is what usually happens when the no contact rule does not work on your ex..is there a plan B.

Igetit!

Reaction score
tebow1120 said:
My question for you guys out there is what usually happens when the no contact rule does not work on your ex..
What happens when no contact doesn't work?

Well what was the purpose of you starting the no contact to begin with?

When you started it,what were hoping the outcome would be?

What were you trying to make your ex do?

Another thing....you're trying no contact on your ex? Why?

If she's an ex,that means you two have a prior history....and it was somewhat of a negative one if it led you two ending the relationship.

You left out too much information. All we know is that this girl is your ex.

We don't know why,what happened to cause the breakup,how long you two were together,who proposed the breakup,or what reason she (or you) gave for wanting to leave each other.

"No Contact" isn't a magic wand. It doesn't magically fix every romantic situation.

You haven't given enough info for us to determine if this is a situation where no contact would be effective or not.

So either you did the no contact incorrectly,or you applied it to a situation it was never meant to solve.

tebow1120 said:
is there a plan B.
A "plan B'? Well....you could always move on.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It shouldn't work dude. It is no contact for your own good. To stop obsessing about her.

Yeah, sometimes it "works" and she crawls back (most of the times only to find out why are you not crying anymore - to make you cry again).

And you should be disappointed at that moment - "What a hell that broad wants now?"

Forget games, man. Games are for chicks and homos.

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The rule of no contact serves one purpose: for you to move on. It may put some pressure on her and she may come back, but you're not supposed to take her back.

tebow1120

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually None of this has too do with me I was just wondering what happens when it doesn't work just in case I need this for the future..I see alot of threads on here about it and most stories it works and the girl come back.Another question I have is do females do the no contact rule also..if they do I bet they have it mastered.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF do you mean 'doesnt work?' I mean, NC doesnt work on my ex, cuz she will persist through MONTHS of me either ignoring her calls, or telling her to straight up fvck off. Its been five years of NC with her, and I fvcked her last night.

So, MY advice is, if NC doesnt work, use her for either a slump killer, or to get your mind off another girl.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief on this site, I find that No Contact doesn't work as well as people say it does. I've done No Contact numerous and it almost never works. Good looking girls are always being hit on and have tons of options. Plus she isn't raging horndog like most of the guys out there! That being said, unless you're some movie star of professional athlete, don't count on it being that effective.

Mr. Goods

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sandow said:
Contrary to popular belief on this site, I find that No Contact doesn't work as well as people say it does. I've done No Contact numerous and it almost never works. Good looking girls are always being hit on and have tons of options. Plus she isn't raging horndog like most of the guys out there! That being said, unless you're some movie star of professional athlete, don't count on it being that effective.
I agree with Sandow. I've been on a few dates with girls around campus this year. Once it's clear they're not really into it (they give excuses, become more unavailable, etc.), I never hear from them again. It's probably different for LTR's, but for dating at the casual stage, I have not seen a girl come begging for my attention.

As for the OP, just move on and find other girls. It's a win-win: you may find a girl that really likes you, and if the original girl still has feelings, she'll let you know it by repeatedly contacting you (unless she is an attention wh0re).

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
No contact works when neither of you contact each other anymore and you move on with your lives.