What every skinny guy should know...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every where I look (I do travel a bit) the fine women are still with the muscular guys!
I see a lot of "fine women" out with guys with what I would call an average build - lean but not scrawny. Fit and in shape, but not overly muscular. Not the roid monkey look that a lot of guys are trying to get. As long as you're the cool guy, I don't think you need to be overly muscular to get attractive women.
It helps to be tall though, that seems to play a part.

Last edited:

Alchemystic

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't this supposed to be in the archives? This a very old post and pook is gone from sosuave.

starplayer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a great post by Pook. Gaining muscle is something that should be done at the same time as developing your personality. The two work together and you will become more confident.

I started working out at the same time I discovered all the pick-up stuff. I’ve made progress but still have a long way to go. I was skinny and almost underweight before, whereas now I’m slightly above average. I get more attention from girls but that may be because I’m more confident these days too.

Regardless of whether you get girls, this should be done for yourself. You will look and feel 100 times better. Trust me on that.

I know that every girl is different and they all have their own personal tastes. But there is a look that is preferred by the majority of women and that seems to be a guy with some muscle who is still quite lean. Not bodybuilder huge and not a skinny guy either. Of course some girls will like skinny guys and others like bulky guys, but that doesn’t appeal to the majority.

I also try not to compare myself to other guys as much as I compare to myself, eg. How girls react to ME being skinny vs. how girls react to ME with some muscle. Because that is what really matters at the end of the day.

The amount of muscle you want will probably depend on your build. If you’re a shorter guy (like myself) I think it is even more important to have muscle. You can only really get away with the skinny look if you’re quite tall. If you’re short and skinny then it makes you look weak to most girls. At the same time you don’t want to gain too much mass or you will look out of proportion.

You may also find that you get more respect from other guys when you’re a bit more built. I was sick and tired of feeling so fragile but now I feel much more secure about myself.

Gaining muscle will probably NOT be a magic bullet for most guys as Pook makes out. However, if you work out while improving yourself in other areas (personality, etc) you will almost definitely see an increase in female attention.

Changing the things you can change while accepting the things you can’t is a good way of going about life. You can’t change your looks or your height, etc. but how hot your body is to women is something you CAN change. Developing a confident personality is something you CAN change.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like a cycle,you get muscle so you feel more manly and since you feel more manly you get the confidence to afford heavyer trainings that will get you more muscles.

And also wheter we like it or not,the perception we get from others actually influence our opinion,just like the guy who hear teachers calling him incompetant till he really convince himself that he is and a self fulfilling prophecy curse him.

And finally,screw all the soft things,an over the limit bench pressing that leave your body with no strengh for a minute is better than any fvcking drug.

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's important to remember, as described in the OP, that it's a gradient.

Everyone has a slightly different weight and build that highlights their frame and features best.

Once you find the ideal mass and shape for your body, your confidence gained and aesthetic will improve all aspects of your life, from your career to the bedroom.

I've gained 20 lbs from my thinnest, and the difference in how I look AND FEEL is like night and day.

On top of that, going to the gym just gives me something to focus on and provides a sense of identity in that I care about fitness and enjoy the routine of entering the gym, changing, warming up, etc...

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Started using this program like 5 months ago, I've almost gained 9 kgs, 5 which were in the first 9 weeks.

Lots more chicks now, but that has no relevance to my gained muscle.

James Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
My sophomore year in high school I was 6'2'' and was about 155ish. I didn't get hardly any attention from girls. I got up to like 180 by my senior year but when sports/lifting ended I dropped to 170 still around 6'2''. I noticed a slight increase in attention but it was not that significant as everyone at my high school had known me since I was a stick (I still was real skinny).

About a month or two into my Freshman year of college (last October/November) I weighed myself at around 170, measured about 6'3'', and decided I needed to start eating right and lifting. Right now I'm 195 lbs at about the same body fat, and the amount of looks I get has SKYROCKETED. I still see myself as skinny, but when people that haven't seen me since high school see me they frequently comment on how I look like I've put on a bunch of muscle.

I'm planning on bulking until May or so then cutting up for summer. I've been putting on average about 6 pounds a month. It's not lightning quick but it's a lot faster than that 5-10 lbs of muscle a year bull****. solid diet + solid workout routine = solid results.

Oh and no roids or weight gainers, just diet + whey protein shakes for me.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Potter was wrong...he should've told Radar to rid the shackles of his sedentary genetics.

Any person who discourages lifting is lazy...that person is putting up a front...to disguise his jealousy..
I wouldn't discourage weight lifting, but I don't think Colonel Potter was wrong.
Bulk yourself up, then stop working out. Watch what happens to your body.

None of that M*A*S*H group looked like they were into lifting. Looks like they had more runner's physiques. Nothing wrong with that.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Locogooner said:
From this

To this
Your second picture is a picture of Zyzz...same hairsstyle, veni, vidi, vici tattoo and physique.

But that's funny cause Zyzz has been dead. So you're frauding fake body pics on a pick up website. Good job.

Negged for impersonation.

Locogooner

Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
Your second picture is a picture of Zyzz...same hairsstyle, veni, vidi, vici tattoo and physique.

But that's funny cause Zyzz has been dead. So you're frauding fake body pics on a pick up website. Good job.

Negged for impersonation.
did i say it was me?

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Locogooner said:
did i say it was me?
When you post before and after pictures without any context it is automatically implied that it is you. But you already knew that.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
When you post before and after pictures without any context it is automatically implied that it is you. But you already knew that.

calm down bro

i doubt homie was trying to pass himself off as Zyzz (RIP)...everybody knows who Zyzz is come on bro lettuce be reality here.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
u need not TELL a gal that you are rich, you know. :) It's having all the "bling" around you, which you THINK you need/want, that reveals the fact that you have (or can get) a lot of money. If you go where 5k a year is a LOT of money (like 100k a year in the US) you can have your pic of 1000'
s of beautiful women. If enough US guys wise up and do this, a lot more US women will have to start acting properly. Or they can stay "married" to their TV's, who gives a damn?

Javelin

Reaction score
Pook, I'm a skinny guy, so help me out.

I worked out for about a month and gained something like 5 pounds.
But you've got me psyched about working out again, so if you could shoot me the download link (preferably in an email!) to whatever guide you used, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and I wish you the best! :wave: