Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Went on the date tonight from the chick on Bumble. Post date report.

inquisitor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nuke him from orbit, just to be sure.

If anyone can't see the overly fast rate of technological change is a problem, they are likely blind, corrupt, financially incentivized not to see it, or hostile to society at large. Or a kid, lol.

Yep. It is indeed moving too fast.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It happens to any man that is OK with dating women his age.
Most men in their 30s and 40s end up dating women near his own age. That's because those are typically his only options.

It's often very difficult for men in their 30s and 40s to achieve a large age gap.

She's prob a sheltered girl who's also had (to what her are) bad interactions so she's extra shy in this context.
I can imagine that it would be frustrating to interact with a sheltered woman who is 30+.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men in their 30s and 40s end up dating women near his own age. That's because those are typically his only options.

It's often very difficult for men in their 30s and 40s to achieve a large age gap.

I can imagine that it would be frustrating to interact with a sheltered woman who is 30+.
Is that why so many ss forum users complain about not getting dates? Bulk seem 30 on up and trying to get 21 year olds still.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is that why so many ss forum users complain about not getting dates? Bulk seem 30 on up and trying to get 21 year olds still.
I think that is partially the case. There are more factors.

Let's say you're a 30+ guy. Let's put a specific number on it. Let's say you're 36 years old. I'm choosing 36 specifically because in 2012 that was the age that Rollo pinpointed as absolute peak SMV but I think the general case was that peak SMV was around 35-40. Rollo claimed in the same article that peak female SMV was age 23.

Let's talk about what happens when a typical 36 year old male tries to seduce women 21-25. I started this at 21 because that's the age that makes a woman eligible to go to bars. A 36 year old will have a very difficult time getting access to 18-20 year olds in the real world, but theoretical access becomes easier at 21 with bars.

In the real world, most 36 year olds approaching 21-25 year olds at bars will not impress them in any way. He might not turn them off automatically but he won't leave enough of an impression to where they will want to be around him for an extended period (a 1-on-1 date). A similar thing would happen in non-bar approaches as well if he actually does those. Most 21-25 year olds using swipe apps will filter out a 36 year old from their swipe app card stack. While the 36 year old might swipe right on a bunch on 21-25 year olds, he is likely to get lost in the shuffle of all her matches on a swipe app. She might not even see him and might just swipe left just based on him being 'old' to her and the fact that she can get plenty of guys within 3 years of her age on the apps. He likely wouldn't do any better sending DMs on Instagram if he randomly started DM'ing 21-25 year old women in his city.

Things look a little bit different when a 36 year old man makes efforts with 30-36 year old women. If he selects the right bars, he might be able to find this age range in nightlife venues, but that's no guarantee. There are some non-bar venues where these women are accessible, most commonly a grocery store like Whole Foods or a few mall stores that would tend to cater to the 30+ female demographic. Some gyms/fitness classes might have this demo as well. It's a somewhat challenging age range to find in the real world, so the typical 36 year old man seeks out this age range on a swipe app. He might get some decent results (a few first dates) with single women 32-36. On swipe apps, there's still a fair amount of competition for a 32-36 year old woman who isn't overweight and is childless. In a large enough city with enough right swipes and a good enough profile, he'll get some first dates.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical socially awkward dating app woman who has a very limited / restricted experience with men IRL

Whatever you decide to do with this chick its going to get boring fast unless you can very quickly polarise her sexuality which given her age is not going to be straight forward

Unless you're very lonely and past 50 ,you need a female that arouses you and wants to submit to you sexually otherwise its just not going to work and your going to hit a raft of issues