Want to party, but dont want a party girl..

DonutMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I went out on a date tonight with a fantastic girl...she doesn't like to drink or party. That is fine (actually kind of desirable in my mind), the girl is beautiful and has an awesome personality. Wants to go out again. But I am not sure how to balance out my current life with someone who prob wouldn't appreciate my current lifestyle. I currently drink fairly heavily two sometime three nights a week. The majority of my friends are like this, and I enjoy the time I spend with them boozing. I don't want to change myself to much for a girl, but would consider changing my habits for a girl of this quality. I also want to be able to hang out with my friends the same amount of time, and many of them are girls...Anytime I have a potential gf, I talk myself out of it like this....even though I haven't had a serious gf for like 4 years now. Any thoughts?

dingdongbell

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what you're saying is you've been living like an apple all your life, hanging around apples. Now you've found an orange and would like to become an orange partly or at times but still be an apple?

Apples and Oranges - :eek: The others have given far better responses - so I edited mine out as it smacks of the scarcity mentality........

Last edited:

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright let me tell you about my 2 cents...

Anytime you change yourself for a girl = bad news.

I don't care if you're drunk as a fish all day, alcoholism out the ass.

You change yourself for YOU.

Once you start changing yourself for other people (especially women), you start investing your time in them. And what happens when you invest in them and things fall through? You fall.

Listen, if you want a satisfying relationship with a girl, she needs to be on your terms. Not saying you can't compromise, but she must be willing to live with your lifestyle or at least deal with it.

If you were to change your habits and start dating this girl and things fall through, what happens? You lose your integrity with your friends? You aren't as sociable anymore because you let her take over your life? F*ck that.

There's ways to be with women and still have fun at the same time. You don't need to sacrifice that just because you found a 'good' chick who doesn't like to have as much fun as you do.

If you're concerned with your lifestyle, then change it for yourself. Not anyone else.

SuavePlaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why won't she just accept you for who you are why are you creating this situation in your mind? What you are asking for is like asking the world to give you the sahara desert without no sand. When it comes to this point you will have to pick sides most of the time and make some sacrifices.