Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

using smileys in text/instant messengers

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes or no? why or why not? in what situations should you never use it.. when is it acceptable?

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use them to make sure the girl knows I'm joking. If you're making fun of her, you have to let her know that's tongue in cheek. Sometimes if there's just plain text, she might misunderstand.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed smileys can play a tremendous role, whether you want to believe it or not. I use them when I'm joking as Lexington said to make it obvious that I'm just being playful, or when I'm saying something cute to her. All other times I am usually pretty serious and end everything with periods and proper grammar. I've learned that sometimes girls will TRY to get a smiley out of you. It's how you reward her and let her know she is doing good. Use it in the same principle as affection. When she is being good use them, if she is being boring then don't. Of course, you shouldn't over analyze everything. But with texts you can be a lot more strategic because you aren't bound with a time limit. I will sometimes edit a text 3 times before I send it, just to make sure I get the right point across.

Doc Freezy

Don Juan
Reaction score
as long as they are spaced and dont become superfluous.

1 every 3 texts is a good rule, and defs dont write lol unless absolutely necessary. She's not funny and its obnoxious to laugh out loud on your own jokes.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tobylikestennis said:
yes or no? why or why not? in what situations should you never use it.. when is it acceptable?
I just call, and avoid worrying about this.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smileys are always beta.

The only time it is acceptable to use them, is if your intentionally trying to sound beta.