Upcoming Coffee Date

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half an hour in. A little cheesey. But that's what I expected.
Follow all of his subtlety- how he dresses, how he carries himself, how he ‘rectifies’ her virginity. He’s also a shallow person keep that in mind.

M

member162951

He's also troubled with a deep vulnerability which we see more of in the book(s) than in the movie.

The movie DID portray him as a shallow "sociopathic" type person, I didn't really care for the movie for that reason.

Keep in mind too that although Anna left him, she returned to him hence the two sequels that followed.

Talking to women (I include myself), they do admit to being attracted to his dominance but it's also that vulnerability that lies within that women are drawn to.

Again, not seen so much in the original movie.

I say this often, but it's about balance. You can't just be a dominant sociopathic a**hole without balancing it with sentimentality and a certain vulnerability.

Anway, my read on him as a woman is he's an extremely complex character, there's more to him than his dominant personality, smooth confident style, and his proclivity for B D S M.

There was a former member @Pan87 that reminded me of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anway, my read on him as a woman is he's an extremely complex character, there's more to him than his dominant personality, smooth confident style, and his proclivity for B D S M.
Just another broken abusive anus but with a boatload of money. If he'd been broke, this story would've played out differently.

M

member162951

Just another broken abusive anus but with a boatload of money. If he'd been broke, this story would've played out differently.
Course it would! He's a fictional character borne of woman's fantasy, in order to sell books and make money! :lol:

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Course it would! He's a fictional character borne of woman's fantasy, in order to sell books and make money! :lol:
Actually, my understanding is that it’s fan fiction borne out of the Twilight trilogy

M

member162951

You’re not wrong, I’m not trying to one up you, some horny chick on a fan fiction page I think got writing it and it ran from there
I didn't think that (well I kinda did but didn't take offense to it).

I really do appreciate you correcting me because I did not know that; I always thought the idea for it came from E.L. James' own imagination and her penchant for eroticism.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't think that (well I kinda did but didn't take offense to it).

I really do appreciate you correcting me because I did not know that; I always thought the idea for it came from E.L. James' own imagination and her penchant for eroticism.
You’re probably right. I’m giving you hearsay

M

member162951

You’re probably right. I’m giving you hearsay
I dunno maybe we're both right! I found this on wiki...

>>James says the idea for the Fifty Shades trilogy began as a response to the vampire novel series Twilight. In late 2008, James saw the movie Twilight, and then became intensely absorbed with the novels that the movie was based on. She read the novels several times over in a period of a few days and then set out to write a sequel to the books.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, the Fifty Shades started as a fan fiction of Bella and Edward having a sadomasochistic relationship and readers of the fan fiction urged James to publish, but she couldn't do it as Bella and Edward so she changed it to Anal and Christian, and the vampire became a 'billionaire boyfriend'.
Kinksters know that E.L. James know absolutely nothing about B.D.S.M. and it shows, but I told them it's not a manual but a variety on the Beauty and the Beast story, just like Twilight.

PS. Back when we were still married, my ex liked Fifty Shades and since I'm a suspense fiction writer, asked me if I could write 'something like it' (since I told her the books were badly written), so I wrote a SM/Shibari story called Just Enough Rope and I'm working on the second novel in the trilogy.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I *think* the coffee date went well. It was only half an hour, just to meet after chatting through OLD for a while. I could tell she was nervous, yet so was I. I mentioned in my first post that she is of a different culture. She is Nepalese. Cute. Pretty quiet, someone who doesn't like the nightlife, but more of a homebody. I want and need to match that vibe, as I need to settle down. I messaged her saying I'd love to meet, let's see how she responds...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So, I *think* the coffee date went well. It was only half an hour, just to meet after chatting through OLD for a while. I could tell she was nervous, yet so was I. I mentioned in my first post that she is of a different culture. She is Nepalese. Cute. Pretty quiet, someone who doesn't like the nightlife, but more of a homebody. I want and need to match that vibe, as I need to settle down. I messaged her saying I'd love to meet, let's see how she responds...
Didn't you just meet? What do you mean you'd like to meet?

Rainrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
So she said she liked 50 Shades of Gray and then you say you need to be like Christian Gray.

Then she gives you the vibe that she is a homebody then you need to match that vibe.

I see something wrong here…

Last edited:

JackTripper

Banned
Reaction score
She probably gave you all sorts of mixed signals and tests. You seem to be fumbling in a few areas, but if she does meet up with you a second time your luck could improve.