Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tyler Durden PUA

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what it is about Tyler Durden, the head of RSD. Here's a guy who used to hang out with Mystery and went on to form his own company which is now one of the biggest proponents of natural game. Apparently he has had a great deal of success on his own as a pickup artist.

Now here's the thing. I don't know what it is, I just can't picture this guy being that good with women. I mean I know he must have been, I just can't picture it. He seems to have a kind of nerdy personality and is nothing to look at. I've looked for some videos on YouTube of him in the field but all I can find are of him teaching.

I don't mean this as a rip on the guy, because I think he teaches a lot of good things. I think he focuses a little too much on the New Age/Eastern religion stuff, but I think he's a good teacher. One thing he has going for him is he seems to have a willingness to be silly and have fun, which the girls like I'm sure. But I would really like to see him actually interact with women, because I just can't picture him as being "rockstar elite" with them.

HeyPachuco!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, you aren't the only one Zeks.

I know you shouldn't just judge a book by it's cover, but dude, c'mon. Tyler Durden just portrays a nerdy persona. Given that, he doesn't come off as a pre-selected guy who bangs girls like rockstars, though I'm not a female, nor do I know a whole too lot about female psyh lol.

Apart from my own perspectives. Tyler has gotten good reviews from practically the entire community. Sinn put in Tyler in his Top 10 PUA's list (thats even if you consider Sinn or any PUA a beneficial factor).

Pick Up Artists are Julian Foxx, Doc Holiday, Sinn, BradP, Captain Jack, Alex RSD, Savoy and Mystery. I don't do the whole purchasing eBooks and routines and such, but will take advice from the above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The same-thing with Mehow. He gives off the same vibe I get from Style (Neil). I just don't get how these guys get laid (in to the hundreds, literally). Mehow is like a girl's gay best friend, I would perceive that if I was in the same bar with him, yet he'd be doing a lot better than me undisguised.

Its not just these guys, have you seen Gunwitch? I'm rallying to the notion, that someway, somehow alot of the PUA's are actually KBJ's with a degree in marketing that railed a few girls by luck or/of social intuitions three thousand years ago.

http://puapics.white.prohosting.com/

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen Tyler in the field with my own eyes (he was training some guys in a bootcamp in nyc) He's actually pretty awesome. His opener is pretty much going up to a girl and putting his arm around her before saying anything. He has a very warm vibe.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He may be sort of nerdy, but watching the blueprint decoded, you can see that he has a high self confidence, and is fun to be around. Thats all it takes. Thats his whole point. He knows a nerdy guy can rail bytches with the right mindset. You KNOW its not his looks getting him tail.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tyler looks a lot less douchy than some of the others (id say the whole rsd crew are less dounchy than many other pus types )

http://www.becometransformed.com/

see this link for "before and after" pics of the RSD guys. they really were nerds before (i suppose this is an example of looks dont matter - but they did improve their look)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The same-thing with Mehow. He gives off the same vibe I get from Style (Neil). I just don't get how these guys get laid (in to the hundreds, literally). Mehow is like a girl's gay best friend
Funny you mention MeHow, I've posted about him before. I agree, he comes off as so gay. I think that's part of his success. Makes him come across as nonthreatening. Give him her number, sure, why not? Girls love their gay guy friends, I'd bet they'd bang them if they were interested. There's a gay guy I work with, he hugs every girl he sees, they love it.

I've seen Tyler in the field with my own eyes (he was training some guys in a bootcamp in nyc) He's actually pretty awesome. His opener is pretty much going up to a girl and putting his arm around her before saying anything. He has a very warm vibe.
That makes sense. You make it easier to picture. A warm vibe, yeah I could see that. I always get the feeling seduction tips are about all these hard edge things like thinking you're the sh!t, being indifferent to the girl, push/pull, all that stuff. Why don't they teach warm vibe? That's the missing element, I think.

He may be sort of nerdy, but watching the blueprint decoded, you can see that he has a high self confidence, and is fun to be around. Thats all it takes. Thats his whole point. He knows a nerdy guy can rail bytches with the right mindset.
Yeah, nerdy guys get laid all the time. That's real life. You don't have to be in the top 5% of guys like some people say here, that's just ridiculous. Fun, self confident, with a warm vibe, I could see that being successful. I still have a hard time picturing being "rockstar elite" with girls, but I suppose that's a subjective term anyway.

tyler looks a lot less douchy than some of the others
True, Style looks kind of ridiculous.
But when I saw some episodes of The Pickup Artist on VH1 I could see Mystery and his wings, Matador and I can't remember the other guy had a look that might be appealing to girls. Picturing Tyler in that group is a little harder.

todays_news

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a guy who used to hang out with Mystery and went on to form his own company which is now one of the biggest proponents of natural game.
Have you read 'The Game' by Neil Strauss? Its a great book, tells the story of how he (AKA Style) meets Mystery, and how they develop their skills in pickups. They portray Tyler Durden as a leech, as its written that he stole all of Mystery's ideas, and practically mimicked what him and Style did. By observing them and picking up on every small detail, which he would then put into his classes. Thus profiting from their ideas.

They even shared a house at one point, I forget what it was called.. I think it was in Hollywood somewhere... but Tyler Durden allegedly manipulated the majority of the house against Style and Mystery whilst they were doing other things.

He comes off as so gay. I think that's part of his success. Makes him come across as nonthreatening.
I swear loads of them seem really camp, odd.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you read 'The Game' by Neil Strauss?
No, I want to eventually though, since I've heard how Tyler is portrayed as such a villain in it. As far as I know he's never told his side of the story.
The name of the house was Project Hollywood. He may have stolen Mystery's ideas to begin with, but he did eventually move away from that sort of scripted routines to a more natural approach.

I swear loads of them seem really camp, odd.
Yeah, it just goes to show it's a numbers game. They know some tips that probably improve their percentages, not sure exactly how much though. Just by going out and trying repeatedly you're going to eventually get smooth. Just losing your nervousness probably makes girls more receptive.

chinwaggler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He posted pictures of his girlfriend up, she's hawt. You can tell she's his by some things he says and that are on the pictures. Think one's with him in too.

Oh yea they got a kid too now :p

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You all are a bunch of clowns seriously. These guys are all charlatans... if they have women now its cause of the money they made exploiting insecure chumps

fwiw mystery is the only one with a solid explanation of how attraction works (with bimbos) but even he is a sell out

There is no real footage of these guys free sarging (any footage there is, is fixed) I'd challenge any one of them

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You all are a bunch of clowns seriously. These guys are all charlatans... if they have women now its cause of the money they made exploiting insecure chumps
Charltans maybe, but they have to have had some experience with women to take guys out on bootcamps and such. Although I have heard those rumours about RSD paying women to interact with the guys they take on the bootcamps. That could explain how Tyler went up to the girl and put his arm around supposedly never having met her before lol.

Mystery was at the forefront of the movement to teach pickup. As I understand it, they all used to post on a forum, share their ideas and go out and try them. Mystery's stuff makes a good foundation of how attraction works. But from what I've seen of RSD, their stuff is very solid also. It's more natural and direct game, which appeals to me more than learning routines.

There is no real footage of these guys free sarging (any footage there is, is fixed) I'd challenge any one of them
MeHow has a lot of footage in the field. I'm not saying it is or isn't fixed though.

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
kingsam said:
tyler looks a lot less douchy than some of the others (id say the whole rsd crew are less dounchy than many other pus types )

http://www.becometransformed.com/

see this link for "before and after" pics of the RSD guys. they really were nerds before (i suppose this is an example of looks dont matter - but they did improve their look)
Wow...the changes these guys made are amazing.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow...the changes these guys made are amazing.
From the looks of that fourth picture down of Tyler, I'd say he made some changes.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
But from what I've seen of RSD, their stuff is very solid also. It's more natural and direct game, which appeals to me more than learning routines
the natural way fits much better with being a "DJ" than just a PUA.
if you gain a natural vibe then you will be able to use such skills (being a quick witted natural, with good charisma etc...) in other parts of life - social life and business/job, you cant really make scripts for those!

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Bingo.