Tihash's Daytime Approach Journal

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #173

I had to go to about an hour away from home for work on Thursday. It has a small downtown area. For lunch, I knew there were some restaurants on a certain street. I walk past a Starbucks on the way and there is a very pretty brunette with a SHORT skirt and lotsa cleavage sitting outside at a table. But there is some dude at the next table who would be listening to every word. Because of this, I just observe and continue on. Note to self: Stop being a pus$y

I eat a quick lunch at Subway. Sit next to a hottie who unfortunately stays on her cell the whole freakin' time.

I then go back to Sbuks and she is still there. But so is the dude at the adjoining table. So I go inside and order an iced tea. BTW, I also now have to take a dump. So I take a crap at the Sbux bathroom. I include this only to show how much freakin' time I am letting go by before the approach.

When I emerge from the toilet, there are 2 hotties inside as well waiting for their coffee. I grab my iced tea and go outside. Dude is still next door, but I ignore it. I walk up her her table.

"Hey, I just had to tell you that you are the prettiest girl I have seen all day"

There is like a 3 second pause. Then she looks up, smiles, and says thank you.

I ask her what she is up to (studying), blah blah. It is somewhat easy to talk to her because she did have one heck of a sense of style... feather in her hair, cool wristbands, interesting jewelry, etc. It was easy to comment on all her flair.

About 4 minutes in (too long but late is better than never) I sit down and as I do say I only have a minute.

She is a student, I would guess about 21.

We talk 30 minutes or so. She is worried she will get a ticket because it is 2-hour parking only, so she starts packing up to go. I easily get her number.

Not sure how solid it is because she seemed somewhat taken aback by the approach. I think if she was 5 years older it would have gone a lot better, all things equal.

I know a lot of dudes walked by and thought to themselves how nice it would be to f- her. I am quite certain I am the only one to have approached her during the hour or two she was there. I need to do direct more often.

Does anyone do direct all the time with day game?

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #174

This is today at Books-a-Million. Nobody in the place, and I am about to leave, and see a hot MILF walk up to the bargain books which are out on the sidewalk out front on a rack. She sends her 2 kids inside and she remains outside.

I exit and begin browsing, getting closer to her. I then open with something like, "Anything good over here?"

She takes off a book called The Breakup Bible or something and makes a joke. This starts a short convo. She is getting divorced, etc etc.

Her annoying kids keep knocking on the window and coming out telling her she needs to come inside and look at something. She dismisses them a few times to keep talking to me but eventually gives in. This is all in the span on only 5 min. I have to close so I do so (albeit prematurely). She asks for my card rather than giving me her number. You know what that means. Oh, well. Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #175

I open a woman in WM indirect, and once I got a look at her she is too old. This is not the approach i am counting, but anyhow...

I pay for my stuff and leave. As fate always has it, there was no one worth opening when i was in there, and I pass in the parking lot a really pretty girl who is dressed nicely on her way in alone. I am tired of this trick being played on me so frequently, so I say: f- this. I unload my groceries into my car then head back in.

I find her in HABA, as I would have guessed. But she is moving fast so I don't open. She goes to the Christmas decorations. I wait too long, but luckily for me it is harmless error as she stays in the vicinity and is easy to open.

I ask her about whether Christmas ornaments make good gifts. She is very friendly and easy to talk to. But she mentions she is looking for an ornament as a gift for her bf's parents. Oh, well.

I decide not to waste any more precious time and tell her nice talking to you and end it.

I wasn't going to count this at first, but once I thought about it, I am definitely counting it.

This time last year I would not have been able to pass a beautiful girl on the way out of WM, unload my groceries, go back inside, find her, and start a conversation. It's too bad this particular one had a bf, but I am happy I was able to decide I wanted to meet this girl that I saw in a parking lot and follow through in doing so.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where have I been?

My father has been ill since about Thanksgiving. It has been lots of trips to the doctor and one 3-day hospital stay. He seems somewhat stabilized now, so I have just been with my primary and not sarging much at all the last month. I hope to ease back into it, but MAN AM I RUSTY!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #176

This was a few weeks ago. At Target, and see a cute girl. I open her on a housewarming gift. She is in HABA. She is kinda spunky; I like her wit. It turns out she works somewhere that a female friend of mine works. Small world, etc. We exchange numbers, she never replies to my text, NEXT!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #177

This is at B&N a couple of weeks ago. I am rusty, and open a cute girl who is looking at the Libras en Espanol section. We have a nice 5 min convo until either her bf or brother walks up. See says nice talking to you with a big old smile, I say hello the the bf or brother and try to make eye contact with him, he ignores me and won't look me in the eye, and begins speaking to her in spanish as he walks her way. Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #178

This is at the same B&N a few minutes later. See a red-head, but once I approach in the calendars section I see she is too old (late 30's I'd guess). I figure it is good practice, so we have a nice 10-min convo. I ask her, "Want to talk again sometime? I'll talk your number" and she says, "No." lol Weirdo. Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #179

Same B&N, same day. See a pretty girl on a bench reading a spa magazine. She is dressed fashionably and looks kinda high-maintenance. I open her with my magazine opener, and she treats me like I am a homeless guy panhandling her. What a piece of trash she is. Were it not for the fact she possesses a vagina, what would she be worth? $0.00. Exactly. Next, biotch.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #180

This is Dec. 23 at Super Target. Everyone (incl. me) is finishing Christmas shopping. I am very rusty, and see like 4 really hot babes in there. Way more than on your usual weeknight. I finally must up the nuts to approach one hottie. I procrastinated for way too long, then open her on a gift idea. I was way nervous, and could hear it (nervousness) in my own voice as I spoke! Really not smooth at all. I number close, texted her today, no response, and no surprise. But I really need to get back in the game. Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Updated Stats...

Very interesting development a few weeks ago. #9 from my old numbering system (on page ONE of this thread from back in 2005!) and I are friends. We went on a "date" or two in '05 after we met via my cold approach, no spark, and just sorta became friends. She has been married and divorced since then, and has had countless bf's. I have of course had multiple gf's in that time. For fun, after she got divorced, I began overt sexual flirting via text and on the phone. She then wanted to hang out with me more and more. One day I finally kissed her. A couple of weeks ago she blew me. So even though this is from the old numbering system, I am adding in the BJ here. It only took 5+ years, lol.

So....

Cold approach-related stats since i started the re-numbering in 9/2009:

Cold Approaches: 180
Phone Numbers: 62
Email Addresses: 3
Dates: 23 (only count once even if multiple dates same girl)
BJs: 4 (do not count if got BJ and lay, only count as lay)
Lays: 9 (only count once, even if she is a repeat customer)

mustfirstregister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tihash said:
My father has been ill since about Thanksgiving. It has been lots of trips to the doctor and one 3-day hospital stay. He seems somewhat stabilized now, so I have just been with my primary and not sarging much at all the last month. I hope to ease back into it, but MAN AM I RUSTY!
That's not an excuse.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^

Maybe you value pu$$y above commitments to your family (if you have a normal, healthy relationship with your family). That's not how I roll.

BTW, where's your approach journal? How many girls have you met this year?

DJ2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good journal, I've enjoyed reading it and its inspired me to do more daytime approaches in bookstores and other places. Couple questions, do you try to make eye contact and smile or anything like that before approaching or just walk up and ask them what they are looking for, or for gift recommendations or whatever? How long on average do you chat before going for the number close?

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tihash said:
Maybe you value pu$$y above commitments to your family (if you have a normal, healthy relationship with your family). That's not how I roll.

BTW, where's your approach journal? How many girls have you met this year?
Mate, I admire your keeping this journal. Balls of steel.

Also, good for you on putting your family ahead of pvssy.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like reading your approaches alot! Keep it up, it's fvckin inspiring, man :up:

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #181

This was last week. I was at the supermarket. I see a really cute girl go by and I puss out. I then see another cute girl (but not as hot as the first) go by. She ironically stops in the dairy section right next to where I need to pick up some milk. I am rusty as all get out, but I make my mouth open...

Me: Do you knwo what kind of food vegans don't eat?
#181: I'm not sure. Are they the ones who can eat eggs but not meat?
blah blah

I BS her about going to a house party where most people are vegan and I want to make a dish but am unsure about what to make. Turns out she is from Norway and has been here in the US like 3 years or so. I called and left a message, no response. next!

PS-- I think this is my first true grocery store close. All others had been at Super WM or Super Target.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #182

This is through something for work. I see a girl and we are both waiting for the same meeting to start. I chit chat with her, but other people are around and this is a work-related event where I cannot reasonably be a PUA in front of everyone. She and I exchange names early on.

I looked her up and emailed her at work later on. I said:

"Hi #182,

It was nice chatting with you today at ___________. If you are single, would you like to get together for a drink one night next week?

Regards,
Tihash"

Normally I wouldn't count something like this as one of my cold approaches, but I am going to count it because I have been rusty and I am glad I opended my mouth and started a convo with her. She emailed me back and said she was in a relationship, blah blah.

Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #183

Still rusty as hell. I failed to speak to 3 hotties at Super WM today. But I did see a cute girl today at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

I didn't even say "excuse me" or anything as a preface. I just was next to her and asked what a good housewarming gift would be for a girl.

She was helpful, and I gave me a few ideas. I noticed she was not running off, so I just kept talking. We had a nice 10 min convo about football and other various things. I went for the number and she wanted mine instead. Dang. I gave it to her, but you and I know she won't call. Next!

PS-- to try and get over this rustiness, I am trying to adopt the philosophy of "Just Say Something." This is from a recent Roissy thread. I need to JSS IMMEDIATELY every time I see a cute girl. I hovering, no thinking, no trying to think of what to say, no waiting for that perfect moment that never comes. JSS!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^

To my surprise, #183 texted me and called me. We met up at a Starbucks (she doesn't drink) last Sunday for an hour. Eh. But she did contact me. I am surprised...