Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This game is all about looks. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think appearance matters. But not looks as most people think but your non-verbal cues that everyone is constantly sending out. We talk a lot about inner-game being everything. There's some truth to that, but the real reason that inner game matters is it affect your outer appearance. You can have good inner game and not have congruent outter and you will fail. But you can have crap inner game and if you are able to act good you will have a lot of success. Women look at you and interpret your appearance and quickly make a pass/fail judgement if they find you attractive. If they consider you pass then it's hard for them to change their mind about you and everything you say is subjectively interpreted as good. If they consider you fail almost nothing will change their mind and everything you say is subjectively interpreted as bad.

Then you have the vicious cycle of if you are lacking in apearance you will be beat down by the game and in a constant uphill battle, but if you have good fundamental appearance you will be riding the wave.

Let me put it this way, the game is an act. And the forums really just give us a sketchy plot line to follow and a few lines. Ity doesn't teach you how to be a good actor and improv, which what you are required to do.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Women look at you and interpret your appearance and quickly make a pass/fail judgement if they find you attractive. If they consider you pass then it's hard for them to change their mind about you and everything you say is subjectively interpreted as good. If they consider you fail almost nothing will change their mind and everything you say is subjectively interpreted as bad.
Aint that the truth. I'm telling you, 80% of all women, young and old, react positively to me. However there is that rare woman who judges my appearance All wrong, and No Matter What I Say, she'll interpret it as bad or wrong or me not being "nice" or something's wrong with me, or just "leave" go away, get away from me, cold and vicious. Women like that, I'll ask for their full name so that I can fvck them later.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
No they aren't. It's makeup, fake boobs, bleached hair and the media that make you think that.
Dude, women are better looking than men (and I hate fake boobs by the way. I have been tricked by a padded bra or two however :) ). I know this can be quite a blow if you're realizing this for the first time.

Women have the beauty, that's why men are the pursuers. Men respond visually to women, how many times have you heard that? You don't hear that women respond visually to men. Women are the equivalent of the brightly colored birds of the species. They attract with their looks.

At first glance, this may seem like bad news, but it's actually good news. This means that while a man's looks is important, there are other factors at play that can make him attractive to females (no need to go into them since that's what a large part of this site is about), factors that can be worked on. Women are not so lucky.

Yes, women use makeup to look good. And what would be the result if men used makeup to look good - fake lashes, eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, etc? They end up looking ridiculous. Makeup enhances women because they have the beauty to enhance.

kisstheday

Banned
Reaction score
The OP has points about the seduction community but is assuming looks mean EVERYTHING when it comes to meeting women. I've never, never seen pictures of any of the so-called GURUs with HBs. Even Mystery, the women he has on the show are just any 6s you can find at your local bar. Whether or not they are completely lying about their success, I bet they are fabricating a lot of it.

Where the OP is wrong is that he has a negative mindset about the whole thing and relies on sweeping generalizations to deal with his own lack of success.

Yes, women like male model types. Yes, women like buff, muscular, jock guys even more. But few of these men exist compared to cute/pretty/hot women. No homo, but I consider myself a good judgment of how good looking or not a guy is, and I don't see many HG8-10s with other women.

Yes, usually 10s date other 10s, but other than that, when dealing with HB7-9s, they're usually with regular guys, HG5-7s. In other words, not ugly guys, but not Brad Pitt either, simply because looks alone don't matter to women the way we do and there aren't enough Brad Pitt's to go around anyway.

I disagree with the posters, however, that say looks mean absolutely nothing, that they have a beer gut and pull HB8-10s. Let's see the pictures of them? My UG/fat cousin has a HB 8ish girlfriend, but:

- She's an 8, not a 10.

- Like someone else said, she was dating him and just doesn't feel like she can leave him. In other words, she's choosing to settle.

The point is, looks matter, but they aren't everything, simply because there aren't many really hot, pretty boy/muscular men to begin with, and there are also a lot of guys that have the looks and don't know it or don't take advantage of it. Women are the selectors, but they can only select the men who approach them, and as long as you aren't hideous and you're in shape, you stand a chance.

OldbutSTRONG

Don Juan
Reaction score
The PUA reminds me of seminars like "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" or any Anthony Robbins lectures or other various get rich/improvement scheme. There will always be a FEW people who will succeed after following the guildlines/rules. But most will stay the same.

There will always be ugly guys with hot chicks who don't have fame or status to their name. But like reading other guys posts, I'm sure those chicks are sleeping with hot guys behind the ugly guys' backs.

kingman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes looks matters. Everyone has to be attracted to the other person to be interested. It is all about how you make a woman feel . But I think all people have some standard to what is good looking to them. But all people are different, you might believe you are ugly, and to someone you are ugly but to others you are beautiful. It is different how people get attracted to other people. Not everyone likes christina aguilera ore brad pitt. And so on, no matter how good looking you are, not everyone will be attracted to you, but offcourse you will improve your odds.

So what is looks exactly ?

Looks are : you, style, friends and your inner confidence ( your wibe who woman can sence, yes they can sense your power, confidence) .

| Think about this. You go in a club alone, you are not shaved, not showered , you are wearing a white T shirt and a jean and you are in a bad mood with your head looking at the floor and you are nervous.

|| Think about this other scenario you are with 8 girls and 3 friends of yours entering the club, you have showered, wearing a suit, good cologne and you are entering the club feerless finding a table with your head up and with a good mood.

No matter your looks , you would been looking 10 times better in the second scenario.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is total bull. For a woman to sleep with you (aside from a drunk hookup), she has to think you're more than pretty.

STOP TRYING TO GET INTO THE SHOES OF WOMEN. You've got a man's sexual mind, not a woman's. They don't think like you and they aren't attracted to the opposite sex the way you are.

trv26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am firmly in the looks matter camp and think those who fail to accept this fact of life are simply deluding themselves. Having said that, women will go for guys that are lacking in looks but have money, status etc.

So the not particularly good looking do have a chance and might in fact even be preferred as far as long term relationships go. However in these relationships "libido problems" for the female and the like are more likely only for the poor guys to one day (if they're lucky) catch their partners ****ing like rabbits with the hot guys or worse still end up getting cuckolded.

Of course there are some perfectly reasonable looking guys with social anxiety or other mental health problems. Atleast for a subset of these, learning about the game is worthwhile. The problem is though that game is sold as a cure to all guys lacking success with women (this of course makes perfect business sense) without any thought given to the underlying problem.

alwaysimproving7

Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterMcGee said:
This is total bull. For a woman to sleep with you (aside from a drunk hookup), she has to think you're more than pretty.

STOP TRYING TO GET INTO THE SHOES OF WOMEN. You've got a man's sexual mind, not a woman's. They don't think like you and they aren't attracted to the opposite sex the way you are.
You make no sense

alwaysimproving7

Don Juan
Reaction score
kingman said:
Yes looks matters. Everyone has to be attracted to the other person to be interested. It is all about how you make a woman feel . But I think all people have some standard to what is good looking to them. But all people are different, you might believe you are ugly, and to someone you are ugly but to others you are beautiful. It is different how people get attracted to other people. Not everyone likes christina aguilera ore brad pitt. And so on, no matter how good looking you are, not everyone will be attracted to you, but offcourse you will improve your odds.

So what is looks exactly ?

Looks are : you, style, friends and your inner confidence ( your wibe who woman can sence, yes they can sense your power, confidence) .

| Think about this. You go in a club alone, you are not shaved, not showered , you are wearing a white T shirt and a jean and you are in a bad mood with your head looking at the floor and you are nervous.

|| Think about this other scenario you are with 8 girls and 3 friends of yours entering the club, you have showered, wearing a suit, good cologne and you are entering the club feerless finding a table with your head up and with a good mood.

No matter your looks , you would been looking 10 times better in the second scenario.
Actually you're wrong. Ladies actually prefer a good looking man with a scruff and jeans/tshirt type of guy over some flashy wanna be that wears designer clothes. I know what you're saying but you mean to tell me that a 300lb fat or ugly dude with his head raised up and walking with confidence with charisma will turn heads than some scruffy good looking guy with his head down and hands in pocket? I beg to differ because I've seen it way tooooooooo many times that the chick will pick the good looking guy no matterwhat he is wearing or how he smells. Trust me.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you say that looks dont matter you are WRONG...
If you say that looks is all you need you are WRONG...

Looks matter to a certain extant... elephant man can do whatever he wants but its not very likely that he will pickup a descant girl.. Heck put mystery in elephantmans body and you wont see him pickup a girl. Good thing is....99.99% of people on this forum dont look anywhere near like elephant man.

Brad Pitt wont be able to pickup a girl if he is very shy or acts like Screetch from saved by the bell... He might get initial attraction but once the girl talks to him she will be turned off. I know this first hand ... i had a friend who was a 10 IMO "no homo" ... i wished i could look like him. He would constantly get looks from girls and sometime they would even go out of their way to talk to him. Once they started talking to him and got to know him a bit they didnt want to start a relationship with him . They saw him as annoying person...

Ill say this , if you are anywhere from HG 4-10 (99% of the guys on forum are) you can pick up a girl. Now that girl might not be model material but she could be a good looking girl. If you dress nice, smell nice, have confidence, and are interesting you will be able to pickup at least HB 8.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
God Dammit! Now I gotta chime in!

Prodigy746 said:
If you say that looks dont matter you are WRONG...
If you say that looks is all you need you are WRONG...

Totally true.

Looks matter to a certain extant... elephant man can do whatever he wants but its not very likely that he will pickup a descant girl.. Heck put mystery in elephant man's body and you wont see him pickup a girl. Good thing is....99.99% of people on this forum dont look anywhere near like elephant man.

Same thing with Bruce Bruce, Notorious BIG (R.I.P.), and E-40. If Mystery was in any of these bodies he could pick up a girl, probably just cuz of his money. All of these people are famous!

Brad Pitt wont be able to pickup a girl if he is very shy or acts like Screech from saved by the bell... He might get initial attraction but once the girl talks to him she will be turned off. I know this first hand ... i had a friend who was a 10 IMO "no homo" ... i wished i could look like him. He would constantly get looks from girls and sometime they would even go out of their way to talk to him. Once they started talking to him and got to know him a bit they didnt want to start a relationship with him . They saw him as annoying person...

So many posts make references to Brad Pitt's looks! He's a f**kin' celebrity with lots of $$$$$$ and looks (now I'm doing it)! Sh*t, I knew a rich guy who told a girl that she reminds him of Pikachu because she's shockingly beautiful. She laughed! Here again the dude was rich and drove a Maserati! Try saying some Pokemon-ass pick up line while being average and not having a lot of money. Tell me how fast the girl walks away from you! About the other guy, he's a dumbass to look that good and be able to scare girls off like that.

Ill say this , if you are anywhere from HG 4-10 (99% of the guys on forum are) you can pick up a girl. Now that girl might not be model material but she could be a good looking girl. If you dress nice, smell nice, have confidence, and are interesting you will be able to pickup at least HB 8.

Money talks as well as looks and fame. If you have neither, you must compete while at a big disadvantage.
Read be-, dammit you know what to do.

Now know this, ChrizZ, I died laughing at your post about the get-rich-quick sh*t! Just find one case where you pull a chick, tell what you did and how you did it, and post some testimonials! BTW, say that you're a normal guy with a 9 to 5 and a Hyundai accent living in my parent's basement!

Also, you should know that if a guy is ugly but has a hot girl, there are four possibilities of why this is happening.

1. They've been dating for a long time and the guy wasn't always ugly
2. The guy is rich as hell/ has a Mercedes, BMW, Aston Martin, etc.
3. The girl has low self esteem i.e. is settling cuz she doesn't want to be left alone/ dateless
4. The girl is d**kteasing the guy i.e. playing him

It helps to stay up with the latest fashions or whatever to stay in the top percentile of desirable men. If you're not in that number, You got a lot of competition to deal with.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again if it was about looks then this board wouldn't exist. As long as you aren't ugly you'd have someone because not many people are truly ugly to begin with. To say otherwise is making excuses when everyone has seen examples of good looking women with ordinary guys and spare the he must be rich stuff, that's just an excuse. Besides you're a man, not a *****. Women are the one's who worry about their looks. Sounds like a few here are dissapointed they can't doll themselves up and sit on the sidelines and wait to be approached haha

trv26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Prodigy746 said:
....Once they started talking to him and got to know him a bit they didnt want to start a relationship with him . They saw him as annoying person...
Im sure, but I bet he has tons of one night stands with club chicks.

Heman6

Don Juan
Reaction score
you just keep telling yourself it's all about looks when the truth is staring you back in the face. what will say when you see an averae looking person with women and cute one's at that? luck? money? fame? that's it every time it happens that guy has to have either all or at least one of those things. keep reaching into your bag of exuses rather than putting in the effort like those guys.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alwaysimproving7 said:
Okay, this is my final and last post here and I'm gonna quit the whole community pertaining to picking up girls. I just wanna say to anyone that is new to the game of picking up girls and you're average/below average in looks don't waste your time picking up. All pickup is is just trying to sell yourself to the opposite sex. Its just about showing you have a personality and are fun to be around but no matter what you say or how you act, deep down the girl does the choosing.

If she isn't attractive to your looks there's just no way she can sleep with you hence one of the reasons why they play games with you. Sure, she might talk to you just to be nice and you will chit chat about this and that but at the end of the day she will she will seal the deal and that's going to be a yes or a no. Don't fool yourself or listen to anyone on here telling you looks don't matter because they do. Girls are into looks just as much as guys are if not more. I've seen it first hand tooooooooo many times. I know maybe 2-3 very good looking guys that get hit on by girls all the time heck even gay guys hit on them too. The thing is they have no game and can say the meanest/dumb things to a girl and she will **** him because she is drawn to his looks. Remember you can fix y our body and get a 6 pack but if your face is ugly girls aren't going to give you the time of day. I've seen it toooooooo many times and its just isn't worth it.

To any virgins out there sex isn't all its caked up to be so you're not missing out on anything. Besides, do you really want to sleep with a girl that's been with a lot of guys? Girls these days have no respect for themselves. Those hot chicks you see been around the block a lot and even finding that bookworm reading at a borders bookstore on Friday or Saturday night you still can't tell about her past sexual experiences. My advice to anyone find a different hobby if this game messes with you mentally because in the end its just not worth it. Remember to love yourself first before you can love anyone else. Good luck. Out.
Funny you posted this because I used to think exactly like you 5 years ago. In fact I was even considering getting plastic surgery back in 2003.

That was then, this is now.

And I categorically deny what you are saying based on the changes I have gone through and what I have experienced.

Of course looks matter, and in situations where the girl can only see your looks and not your personality (i.e. clubbing where you can't really talk to the girl) obviously your looks are going to be so much more important.

But in general social interactions where a girl does get to see your personality - your personality is much more important than your looks. And I will go so far as to say, as long as you are at least a 4 on the looks scale (which is over 80% of the guys), if your *game* is good enough, you will be able to get almost any girl.

I've done it, and I've seen other guys do it.

No one is saying that it is easy. Yes not being blessed with great genetics puts you at a disadvantage - this is obvious.

But there comes a point in your life where you have 2 choices:

#1 To give up and wallow in your self-pity
#2 To try your best to overcome it and mitigate your disadvantage

Man up and choose the latter.

And it's so funny that a guy is complaining that: 'All girls care about looks.'

Actually it's the other way around: us guys are the ones that care about looks. We screen HEAVILY on looks when it comes to girls - which is not good or bad, that's just the way it is.

You should be *grateful* that you are a guy and you are not judged completely on your looks by girls. You have the opportunity to improve your lot greatly. Take advantage of it.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks matter, but they're not everything. I STRONGLY urge you guys to look at AFC Adam's Principle's of Attraction. He's got a free version of it on his site somewhere. What he talks about is how all aspects of your life roll together to sum up your overall attractiveness. What this means is that people certainly do fall into leagues. If you want to get 9s & 10s you're going to need to be an 8 or 9 yourself. All game does is let's you get women a point or 2 above your own overall level of attractiveness. All together you're "attractiveness" is mostly a combination of the following:

Confidence
Leadership
Preselection
Ambition
Excellence
Social Intelligence

Nowhere in this list does looks play a part, but physical appearance does have an effect somewhere in all of it. If I had to put it in one of the categories I'd say it's part of what gives you a natural level of preselection. Good looks brings in women naturally, so you'll have more women in that one aspect of your life. Know what another good way of bringing more women into your life is? Make friends with them! I know, it's such a crazy idea.... /s

Last edited:

alwaysimproving7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heman6 said:
you just keep telling yourself it's all about looks when the truth is staring you back in the face. what will say when you see an averae looking person with women and cute one's at that? luck? money? fame? that's it every time it happens that guy has to have either all or at least one of those things. keep reaching into your bag of exuses rather than putting in the effort like those guys.
Yea but it's already been discussed in this thread why hot chicks are with average/below guys and either way I bet the hot chick is still sleeping behind their backs with good looking guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.