There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can do without an IOI

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sighsigh said:
Stop trying to pick up chicks who haven't given you an IOI (indicator of interest). If you've interacted with her in a platonic manner, and she's not giving you an IOI, then you have LOST. She WILL NOT reciprocate if you engage her in a sexual manner (i.e. asking her out). Period.

But you've only lost the battle. Not the war. You need to change tactics to build up her IL. You need to do something different to show that you're high value. Look better. Act better. I don't know. Change something. Keep in mind there's always the chance that there's nothing you can do to raise her IL. (But you should only resign yourself to that after you've repeatedly attempted to demonstrate your value).

You DO NOT need to initially act sexually in order for her to gauge your value and have it determine her IL. This can happen entirely on the platonic level. Do not first go in giving her the impression that you are simply there to pick her up. Rather, first only engage her in a platonic manner. She will notice how you look; how you speak; how you carry yourself, and so on. In other words, she will gauge your value. This will build up her IL (hopefully). Once she's giving you those IOIs, it is then, and only then, that you can approach sexually.

A lot of people think the pickup game naturally comes with a lot of rejection. It's supposedly a numbers game: if you approach hundreds of random women and succeed with a small percentage of them, then you've done well. But I disagree. If you are getting rejected a lot, then you're doing it wrong. You should hardly ever get rejected. And you should make this happen by knowing who you should ask out, and who you should leave the f*ck alone.
Would have agreed prior to tonite...went out with an HB8, not only did she give me no indicator of interest the entire night, she actually gave me IOD's! I just basically chill, figure nothing is happening and just finish my beer and tell her I got to leave because I have to go to work early tomorrow morning...she says she has to get going too because she had class...get to her car and she asks me where I am parked. I turn and point over there. When I turn back around she is literally 3 inches away from my face, pulls me closer and kisses me for about a good ten seconds, then says "I have been wanting to do that all night..." WTF?????

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
Mike32ct said:
Solid post.

The only caveat is some girls might not give an IOI UNTIL you approach.

I had a few chicks that initially seemed neutral or didn't give a sh@t either way. But when I approached them, they warmed up very quickly. This might happen if you are decent looking or sort of cute but not hot.

So the ideal is to get an IOI before you approach. The next best thing is an IOI as soon as you start talking to her. (For example, she seems friendly, smiley, and helps you with the conversation. If you get one word answers, just eject. It's a lost cause.)
That's what I was going to say. Seems kind of strange some expect a sign of interest before actually talking to her, lol.

But that was cleared upe arlier in the thread.

OP I really like how you say repeated rejections are not signs of game.

I agree with that!!

I still think rejection is very much a part of game, and rejection is very much neccessary....but I knew thought about it the way you proposed. Thanks!

oxford comma

Don Juan
Reaction score
i really need to stop coming to sosuave. you guys are on such a different level of game than people who are actually good at this stuff. iois are pointless and outdated by like ten years. obviously if you get one its a good thing, but dont base your approaches on iois. assume attraction. i think the biggest problem with guys on this site is they think they have good game just because they have better game than their buddies, when in reality they are just less bad. im guilty of that too.