The United States Marine Core

JohnElDonJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatsup everyone,

I joined the Marines and I leave for boot camp(Parris Island) in four months. Are there any marines here thats willing to help a future marine out with some advice about bootcamp. I would like to know the mental aspects to bootcamp as well as the physical side.

I would also like to know what life is like in the marines after bootcamp. I would also like to know how being in the Marine Core affects your sex life. And did completing boot camp boost your confidence around the ladies?

What was your asvab score compared to your job. I asked this because I got an 86 out of 99 which should have gauranteed me any job I wanted but it didnt. I applied for intelligence and data systems but I got avionics instead.

And oh yeah thanks to the mods for deleting my race post you just proved my point for me. Racism is Americas best kept secret.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JohnElDonJuan
And oh yeah thanks to the mods for deleting my race post you just proved my point for me. Racism is Americas best kept secret.
Yes, we are in on the conspiracy to hide America's racism.

PS: It's the Marine Corps.

JoeMonkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked this because I got an 86 out of 99 which should have gauranteed me any job I wanted but it didnt. I applied for intelligence and data systems but I got avionics instead.
You probably scored high enough to get what you want. The problem is, that the recruiter isn't there to give you what you want. He's there to fill billets. It just so happened that they had an opening in avionics that they needed to fill.

You can probably get Intel and data, but you'll need to work for it and you might have to wait longer if they don't have anything open, so be patient. Tell the recruiter you won't be going anywhere unless they get you what you want. And don't let 'em BS you. If they can't get it for you UP FRONT and IN WRITING walk away. Come back in a month or two and see what they have to offer then, or go find another recruiter if you can.

Dealing with military recruiters is no different than buying a car. You negotiate with them and you get what you want, or you don't buy. A word of warning, if you let them, they'll screw you over bigger than any car salesman ever dreamed of, so don't let 'em. If you're a good candidate, they'll need you, so you'll have some leverage.

JohnElDonJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I asked this because I got an 86 out of 99 which should have gauranteed me any job I wanted but it didnt. I applied for intelligence and data systems but I got avionics instead.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably scored high enough to get what you want. The problem is, that the recruiter isn't there to give you what you want. He's there to fill billets. It just so happened that they had an opening in avionics that they needed to fill.

You can probably get Intel and data, but you'll need to work for it and you might have to wait longer if they don't have anything open, so be patient. Tell the recruiter you won't be going anywhere unless they get you what you want. And don't let 'em BS you. If they can't get it for you UP FRONT and IN WRITING walk away. Come back in a month or two and see what they have to offer then, or go find another recruiter if you can.

Dealing with military recruiters is no different than buying a car. You negotiate with them and you get what you want, or you don't buy. A word of warning, if you let them, they'll screw you over bigger than any car salesman ever dreamed of, so don't let 'em. If you're a good candidate, they'll need you, so you'll have some leverage.
Thanks for contributing something useful to my post JoeMonkey.

How can I walk away if I am already signed in and How can I tell from his bull**** and the truth?

Posted by
quote:
Originally posted by JohnElDonJuan

Yes, we are in on the conspiracy to hide America's racism.

PS: It's the Marine Corps.
Your sarcasm only shows that you actually dont have a good argument against what I just posted. You wanted your sorry attempt at sarcasm to make me look lor feel like a fool but let me tell you one thing about myself I could care less what you think about me or anyone else for that matter so you just wasted time with that remark.

PS: It's also called the Marine Core too. I go to the base all the time to train with my recruiter.

JoeMonkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure, as long as you haven't taken the oath, you can back out anytime. If I remember correctly, when you leave for boot they'll send you to meps first where you'll sign your life away and have you take the oath. Anytime up until you take the oath, you are free to back out. Your recruiter isn't going to tell you this, but the folks who administer the oath will. Once you've taken the oath you BELONG to the Department of Defence.

Anyway, as far as distinguishing the truth, it's difficult. What you can do, though, is insist on what you want and question every excuse they give you, why you can't have it. For example, if they tell you your test score wasn't high enough for what you want, ask them to show you the score requirements. If they don't show you, walk away. If they do show you and it turns out they are telling the truth, tell them you want to take the test again. Keep taking it until you get a high enough score. Then, when they give another excuse, question it too. Take it apart and if they're being honest, do everything you can to get past the obstacle.

The bottom line is, don't settle. Life is way too short. Espescially, for a marine.