Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The idea of multiple women

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is foreign to me. But it seems right. There are a zillion beautiful women on this planet, and being a man, when I see a hot one, naturally I think of sleeping with them.

Yet when I meet one girl it seems I automatically start thinking in terms of "girlfriend" and when I end up seeing another girl, I think of my oneitis instead.

Logically, I know this is totally wrong. I should never limit myself or my options. Again, zillions of hot chicks out there.

Currently, when I start to think in terms of monogamy, I at least know something is screwy. AFC tendencies. A lifetime of growing up with the "soul-mate myth" as Rollo would say. At the very least, I consciously know there is something wrong with limiting my options, even if I still have the tendency to start thinking of only one girl.

Girls come, girls go. There is so much variety out there. I'm thinking this is one of those turning points from AFC, to DJ... when you stop thinking in terms of "girlfriend". A part of me feels it's necessary to give a girl exclusivity.... and I know that's false. I KNOW that is the woman's aim, not my aim, as a man. A girl only becomes exclusive if she has earned that privilege. Not before.

I think that what's happening here is the last remnants of my former AFC self fighting back for control.

I can say to myself "reset--here's the answer. Zillions of beautiful women. You were literally built to screw as many chicks as you want. Understand the paradox--the less you think about women, the more fun you will have with them. Finding "the one" is a BS fairy tale you spent years believing in. Remember you have options. Women like men who know they have options. Enjoy as many women as possible until you can't take it anymore."

Guys what I guess I'm saying is I'm at the crossroads of how I used to be (AFC), and this new guy who really doesn't give a shyt. I have way more DJ type traits than I used to, they are combatting the old AFC ways. And inbetween is a bit of cognitive dissonance.

I find a girl who treats me right, we hit it off, and immediately I stop thinking of my other options. Or if I do, I start feeling guilty.

I feel like I have the angel on one shoulder and the devil on another. The fact is I used to idealize women so much, that now that I can see the positive effect I can have on women, it's fighting the part of me who used to think I'd be lucky to have just one. One thing I've learned is women NEVER meet those idealized expectations. They're not all that. They're o.k.

Don't tell me "reset, you're thinking like an AFC. Quit thinking about girls so much." I'm already telling this to myself.

But did anyone here experience this sort of dilemma?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, with the abundance of women out there who aren't worth dating, it's VERY REFRESHING to find one that IS halfway worth it, and it automatically kicks you into lock down mode when you find a decent chick.

Don't let anyone tell you different...it isn't all about lack of options on your part, it's also lack of viable options in general that gives you this mindset.

I have been (technically) single for three years now. This is the longest I have been without an LTR. And the funny thing is, I know more women and get more attention from women today than at any other point in my life. I'm sure part of the problem is that I have become more discriminating as I get older, but I'll tell ya what, dateable women aren't getting any more plentiful, that's for sure.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think if you find the right woman for you then theres no reason why you need more unless you want more. I'd prefer 1 great woman to 1,000,000 women who I don't have any feelings for. There is the oneitis trap but thats a mindset. You can settle with 1 women and still have that DJ mindset where you are willing to walk at any time if she drops her standards.

SharpGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm facing the same kind of dilemma. I'm to the point where I'm attracting many women. One in particular is a regular of mine. I've started having thoughts like what you're describing about an LTR and she recently had the "talk" with me about wanting us to only date each other. She's great and has a lot of good qualities but at the same time, I'm not really ready for another relationship and I'm enjoying playing the field. I don't really want to lose her and if I keep dating other girls she'll leave. I could keep seeing girls behind her back, but I don't want to compromise my integrity or break her heart. It goes against the first rule of a venusian artist: "Leave them better than you found them".

As I'm writing this I'm actually starting to think that maybe I'm only contemplating having a relationship with this girl because it'd be an easy lay whenever I want it and not because I actually think there's a future for us.

If that's the case, then I'm just being lazy and I guess I already know what I need to do. I need to man up, get over any fear of being alone I might have, and end it before she gets too attached. It's what is best for both of us. It's hard to let go because my old fear-based AFC scarcity mentality keeps creeping in telling me to keep what I have.

I guess the conclusion I'm coming to (literally as I'm writing this) is that I DO want a relationship with a woman, but not until I've improved myself to the point where I can attract the highest quality woman I can get. I'd hate to get in a relationship now and a few years later, after more growth and improvement on my part, find that if I had waited I could've gotten something way better. So until I get to a point where I'm content with myself I think I'll ignore the feelings of attachment.

Last edited:

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good points guys.

slaog said:
You can settle with 1 women and still have that DJ mindset where you are willing to walk at any time if she drops her standards.
I think this is the part I was missing.

MaTuA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many, many women!

I used to bounce(security)at a strip club in my home area. I have literally pimped hundreds of hoes. I did this not because I really wanted to be a pimp, but had to learn that element of "game" in order to remain a respected force on that corner block. Being around, and working around completely naked women does something to you're perception of them. After I stopped working at that club I was somewhat, desensitized from to be around or even talking to a woman. Alot was the sh!t I had endured with my experience there and also performing a job. But, I also figured what makes women tick. The veil from my eye(no typo) had been lifted. I know inherently from dealing with them on a personal and business level how they act. Had I never stumbled upon that job, I'd be like some of the clueless afc's I see posting.:moon:

There were many of these women who looked out for me and treated me like a King in the truest sense. I was like a boyfriend to them all in a twisted sense:rolleyes: . No I didn't fvck them all, or as many as you'd skewer to believe. Could I have? Quite possibly. Can I still ? You bet!:up: The point that you should get out of this is that you always have a choice/options. The reasons I didn't at the time, far outweigh the reason I could have and can still now. I occasionally pop into that strip club,and there is always one to five dancers eager to blow me in the V.I.P. for free:wave: . But just the thought resonnates more. That is the Idea of Multiple Women. You have choices. More Stripper Stories another time:woo: . Spin them plates... If you choose!:rockon:

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I've picked up from this site, and it's not good or bad, but it's the sense that if you start hitting it off with a girl, and start to really like her, that there's something wrong with you and that you're AFC. You should never like a girl, that's oneitis. I know I'm exaggerating, but that's what it seems like.

So I get these natural feelings of enjoying a girl's company, and I can't help but get these images in my mind of us just taking off, which is what most guys experience. Yet I've learned to think there's something wrong with that. Like the fact that I would think of the girl at all, is AFC.

I understand a lot of DJ method is designed to protect us from getting burned. And STR8 is right too, it's all about perceiving your options.

So I guess just enjoy what comes your way. Don't worry about tomorrow. Trust in yourself.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not that you shouldn't pay particular attention to an individual woman, it's understanding why you are. Are you doing so at the exclusion of all else? Is her interest reciprocated? Answers to questions like these can verify ONEitis.

Very few men - and particularly those seeking advice on SS - really have the depth of experience they truly need, yet all claim to have, that's necessary to make informed decisions in this regard. A lot of guys want to reassure themselves of their choice to become monogamous with a woman by claiming that they've seen it all, have had so much opportunity, and are tired of the game that they know a good thing when they see it. They don't, you don't and I don't. I can only laugh when I read a post from a 26 y.o. guy who's only been single for 6 months tell me how tired he is of the "club scene" after having been exclusive with a GF since he was 20. I've dated strippers and I think even MATUA can only tell you they don't represent the whole of the female gender. So it's necessary to ask ourselves questions and be honest with ourselves' and this is often painful.

Be less concerned about "rock stars" tapping ass in a revolving door and be more concerned about starving chumps settling for a lifetime on the first cracker they're thrown. AFCs are FAR more common than rock stars. Guys don't search out the 'community' because they're getting too much pussie. If anything compromises self-respect (assuming an AFC even has a concept of that) it's a Scarcity/Sniper mentality. Worry less about the meaningfulness of sex of the guys tapping their "harems" and more about the chump crucifying himself to be a martyr for his singular "dream girl". He's far more common.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Rollo, thanks.

My initial post was about when it's reciprocated. Normally that was a good feeling for me, all that initial sexual tension and everything, you can tell things are picking up. That sort of uncomfortable tension you referred to once. It feels right I just don't want to make the same mistakes of the past. So I'm not really trusting myself, I'm afraid I'll get too into the girl. Like forcing myself to go after other girls when maybe I'm enjoying one girl. SPIN PLATES!

Lol. I allow myself a mental breakdown now and then as I expand my understanding.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having more than one woman keeps you from acting all creepy and controlling. Your life is too busy with other women.

You can have the same affect by having other passions. I found that working out helps fill my time so that I don't feel all crazy about a woman.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true Mavrick. The real answer to all this is be so passionate about all aspects of your life that nature takes care of the rest.

For instance when I am writing music, I may have had a girl on my mind but by the time I've gotten far enough on the song I may have forgotten her name.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I have a girl I'm feeling all weird about, I like down the feelings and investigate why I feel the way I do. Once I pinpoint the issue, I'm able to change my beliefs and relieve myself of the issue.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my case I can feel myself taking the girl too seriously already, and this is when I know I need to re-evaluate my life priorities.

Hey, it's a change from "she's my ONE!" that I used to have. At least I can tell when I'm feeling weird.

But again, I am just going to dive into my passions. That's the answer.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
In my case I can feel myself taking the girl too seriously already, and this is when I know I need to re-evaluate my life priorities.

Hey, it's a change from "she's my ONE!" that I used to have. At least I can tell when I'm feeling weird.

But again, I am just going to dive into my passions. That's the answer.
I know exactly how you feel. You're growing attached.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know. Vigilant on the passions. She just has to be more into me than I am her.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
I know. Vigilant on the passions. She just has to be more into me than I am her.
I've found the best way to get a woman to be that way is to be busy with other things and less available. Let her be the one who wonders.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. On her toes not mine. :yes: