Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Cell phone/Facebook generation

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
It's sad to see that 99% of attractive women these days just sit at the bar and take arm-length photos of themselves and post them on Facebook. They all have 300 friends each and probably judge men on how many friends they have. It's the most egotistical trend in history.

Another thing is that by texting, they can literally carry on simultaneous relationships. You might think your girl is home because she's texting you, but she's actually on a date.

Then they have 5 ex boyfriends who are monitoring them the whole time on Facebook, and the girls are often trying to make them jealous by posting pictures of you.

A recent date I had went 30 minutes without checking her phone and then said "you're doing good if I went that long".

Men always had lots of competition from other men, but it's out of control now.

Nikoli

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yah it's ridiculous now. I'd say every girl under 25 is infected with this constant contact disease. And the ones from 25-30 are riding the wave and pumping up their value through this.

You see so many orbiters "liking" there status now that it's become a joke. But don't forget that these guys are very rarely getting even a sniff of her panties.

All the more foder to keep of her facebook, stay away from IM and leave your cell phone at home now and then.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instant messeging = death

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Less is more. If you know this is the trend, buck it. Stand out.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I try to avoid the trend.

Though I've had a computer since 1978 and have software patents, I don't feel a need to carry my cell phone with me when I go out. I especially don't sit it on the bar - IMO you look like a girl when you do that.

But I used to go out for 2 hours and come home to find 5 text messages from whatever the current gf was, and she'd be freaking out by the 5th. Then you need to do damage control.

One girl, when she came to stay for a few days was constantly texting everyone and I know some were her ex's and some new guys she had just met. She kept it next to her when she slept. I would never read it but after we broke up I knew all the secrets were there in writing.

I was never her friend of FB for that reason.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:
Instant messeging = death
The worst part is, now when I text my current girl, I get really stressed when I don't hear back within a few minutes. I'll sometimes go the whole day without checking because I know if she didn't respond, it's over.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
The worst part is, now when I text my current girl, I get really stressed when I don't hear back within a few minutes. I'll sometimes go the whole day without checking because I know if she didn't respond, it's over.
Strange world we live in.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm curious to know which part of the population contribute the most on the size of facebook and text messaging.
I bet it's not the 50+ men.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
When a woman does this often, it shows that she thinks she has higher value then you do and often it means that she control's the relationship. When a woman is really interested in you, she often replies right away with multiple messages wanting to know where you are and what you are doing (essentially baiting you to ask her to join you).

It is the reason why you should use that technology against them instead of them using it against you.

If they make you wait, punish them by withdrawing your attention and reverse that sh1t on them by not answering their text and making their own hamster spin.

They learn pretty quickly that its best to answer you right away or miss out on the fun because you might go out with someone else.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest, the amount of complaining about and dissing social media/text messaging on this forum bothers me more than social media/text messaging does on its own.

It's simply how things are now. Why do we have 74 threads here all talking about how much it sucks?

Plenty of people have either found ways around it, or found ways to incorporate it into their game positively.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I deleted facebook and I keep texting straight to the point. No chit-chat.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They all have 300 friends
I'm pretty sure they have more than that. Hell, I have more than that!

Facebook is not the cause of our self-obsession. It just allows a bigger audience.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
It's simply how things are now. Why do we have 74 threads here all talking about how much it sucks?

Plenty of people have either found ways around it, or found ways to incorporate it into their game positively.
Yes complaining about it ad nauseum without finding a solution is pointless. Not to get off topic but as an example, most men I believe want to get married and have families but as they see the current state of affairs of high divorce rates due to changes in women behaviour's and belief system in the last 50 years, many balk at that thought while others still take the plunge (marriage numbers have taken a dive in the last 20 years because less men want to get married and prefer to cohabitate, but divorce rates stayed pretty much the same close to 50% with women initiating the majority of them).

By saying "its simply how things are now" and just accepting this is wrong as well. This is part of the reason why sosuave and other websites got created, to find ways around the constant changing bullsh1t that prevents men from finding happiness with women as well as restoring the balance of the sexes.

Betamax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
I'm curious to know which part of the population contribute the most on the size of facebook and text messaging.
I bet it's not the 50+ men.
It's certainly not me - I never had a cell phone until I 45, and even now I only send less than a half dozen txt's a month, and they are to my daughter in Uni.

My Cell calls are pretty minimal too - several a month. I survived over four decades without one, still managed to interact and date numerous women.

To be honest, I could live very well without one, but what annoys me is these people who have to check their cell phones every couple of minutes even when they are on a first date - how rude. Put the darn thing on silent leave it in your jacket pocket and don't get it out until after the date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://hubpages.com/hub/New-iPhone-5-Possible-Features

http://hubpages.com/hub/Apples-Lion-unleashed-this-Summer

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Time-Is-It-now

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Yes complaining about it ad nauseum without finding a solution is pointless. Not to get off topic but as an example, most men I believe want to get married and have families but as they see the current state of affairs of high divorce rates due to changes in women behaviour's and belief system in the last 50 years, many balk at that thought while others still take the plunge (marriage numbers have taken a dive in the last 20 years because less men want to get married and prefer to cohabitate, but divorce rates stayed pretty much the same close to 50% with women initiating the majority of them).

By saying "its simply how things are now" and just accepting this is wrong as well. This is part of the reason why sosuave and other websites got created, to find ways around the constant changing bullsh1t that prevents men from finding happiness with women as well as restoring the balance of the sexes.

So, what do you expect to do about it? It is literally a war you have 0% chance of winning. That is the point when understanding "it's just how things are now" is necessary.

I'll bet you that men had this same conversation years ago. "Things have changed! I'm taking a stand against television and the women that spend time with their eyes glued to that nonsense!"

This isn't something like hair highlights, or spray tanning, or wearing a lot of makeup that you can just simply avoid. Our entire world is changing. Our culture is being redefined and it's not the people taking a stand that are the pioneers. Right or wrong, it's happening. The best thing anyone can do for their own well-being is stop wasting energy fighting a losing battle.

We can't control everything. That seems to be a common thought around this site. We have majority control over our happiness, and our immediate surroundings, but so much depends on the world around us.

And I don't exactly agree that "this is why sites like this were created", but one of your sentences parallels my point.

DJDamage said:
to find ways around the constant changing bullsh1t that prevents men from finding happiness with women
These posts are all about complaining about these social medias, and putting down the people who ARE finding ways around them.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Another thing is that by texting, they can literally carry on simultaneous relationships. You might think your girl is home because she's texting you, but she's actually on a date.

bigneil said:
Men always had lots of competition from other men, but it's out of control now.

Guys on this sight swear up and down their getting laid via texting. If this is true how are they seperating themselves from the pack. Personally I would never text a chick simply because of this reason alone.

tincanman99

Don Juan
Reaction score
I Helped Design/Implement This Technology - Big Mistake

I helped design and implement this technology. I used to work in a fairly prestigious laboratory in this country. We used to grind out patents like there was no tomorrow. Mobile technology and all this texting was invented here. The sick part is I helped define it and implement it.

Looking back it was a huge mistake because it has radically altered society.

But the genie is out of the bottle now. For something that was supposed to make life easier it has really messed it up.

hansol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tincanman99 said:
I helped design and implement this technology. I used to work in a fairly prestigious laboratory in this country. We used to grind out patents like there was no tomorrow. Mobile technology and all this texting was invented here. The sick part is I helped define it and implement it.

Looking back it was a huge mistake because it has radically altered society.

But the genie is out of the bottle now. For something that was supposed to make life easier it has really messed it up.
Yeah, but I'm sure people were saying the same thing about the automobile, and how "things were simpler back in the buggy whip days..."

I for one thank you for having a part in it all. Thanks to your wicked inventions, I can now text my Mum from halfway across the country just to see what she made for dinner, or check what the markets are doing real-time. How it relates specifically to dating is a minor detail in the grand scheme of awesome that its created.

Facebook is narcissism on steroids though, I'll give you that.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great thread first of all

All I have to say is I agree with the OP, its disgusting and pathetic to see how narcissistic people on FB and I won't lie I'm one of them. I saw this coming maybe back in the myspace days, I didn't wanna conform but eventualy people kept bothering me about it so I said fine, boom it was like crack, but facebook is worst, it fed my egoistical narcissism to epic proportions and to anyone with intellgince looking in, these sites (FB, myspace, friendster) perpetuate that but its a mask of peoples on own insecurities

I understand where Pbub is coming from as well as Damage, the solution in my mind is to utilize it to best of your abilities but don't over-expose yourself if you trying to game chicks on it or whatever unless you wanna take the "pseudo-celebrity route"

:whistle:

RSanders219

Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl was texting during my date, I wouldn't ask her for another date. I don't text during dates and I expect likewise.

I wouldn't worry about other guys out there texting your girl or sending her FB messages or comments. If you are really on top of your sh!t, then they are not competition, but YOU are THEIR competition.. Plus half those dudes that sit and comment on girls pics have NO GAME whatsoever. Those dudes are just giving the girl what she expects, and that's boring as fvck.