The Best Athlete on the Planet?

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alexander Ovechkin!!! He speaks the truth. The guy sounds like me. Maybe because we both date and hang in the same type of places. I know of an Ukrainian athlete in North America who feels the same. Can't say who that is, but trust me. Straight guys all think the same. Of course, George Clooney moved to Italy - mmm :rolleyes: . Just saying. Some hot dudes in Italy.

In Washington, where he spends most of his time, Ovechkin's life is infinitely more placid. He is on his best behavior there, mindful of his stature. In Moscow, he can't help but revert to his teenage self. Hence the silly Pyramid, hence the giddy telochki talk. "Moscow is a big city," he says. "It's all nerves—something's always happening somewhere. D.C. is a quiet, calm family town." He lives in a house in Arlington, Virginia, he bought his rookie year; his parents, who keep a home base in Moscow, and his brother, Mikhail, who works with the WNBA, are frequent guests. And if Ovechkin's exploits don't reach American tabloids, perhaps that's because he's simply not into American girls. "If you compare Russia and America," he explains sagely, "they are two different worlds. People, cars, clothes. Girls' figures. Especially girls' figures. Why do you think that is, that when an American goes to Russia for a week, he stays for two extra weeks? Girls! And when a Russian goes to America for a week, he leaves in five days. I'm serious! There's a statistic! Ask any American about Russia. You know what they'll say."

Basically underlines everything I have said. So true. All of America is quiet and boring. BTW, he dates a girl from Avant Models in Moscow. Avant is a legit high fashion agency. Don't ask me how I know. Avant is a big name for high fashion. So I guess now you guys hate the best hockey player on the planet? He basically pounds home what I tell you.

Read More http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/2...shington-capitals?currentPage=3#ixzz13VfjdtyK

Now you guys can go back to reading about George Clooney or Brad Pitt. :p

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moscow is one of the most expensive city in the world, and last time I checked, none of us signed 10 year 100 million dollar deals with the Washington Capitols to play hockey. Comparing Moscow to Arlington VA is a bit unfair in that sense. I have been to Arlington, and it doesn't even match up against Boston or some of the west coast cities.

As for Alex, he's a freak of nature. Most hockey players have one strong attribute such as skating, positioning, passing, scoring, or hitting....he does all of those better than virtually anyone in that league. If I was him, I would probably suffer from a god complex too! Man, I couldn't imagine being that high up on the celebrity totem pole and pulling girls that easily...it must be something else.

A few other points from the article as they pertain to general themes on this web page:

- If you don't have money at some clubs in moscow, go home.
- Girls would rather share a winner than be with a loser
- Even a winner sees themselves as a loser with regards to their own goals. It doesn't stop them from having fun though.
- During tough times, women will resort to selling themselves for money. This is still true, but much more heavily masked in todays American society.