Taylor Swift blowback due to ‘weird, lonely, insecure men’

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a Swift fan at all but I watch all of those games and honestly don't know how 4-5 two second shots of her reacting to plays would really bother anyone.
Most of the hype around Kelce-Swift comes from the internet. If you're not reading internet articles about them, it's not much of a thing to the TV viewer watching a football game on CBS or FOX.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the hype around Kelce-Swift comes from the internet. If you're not reading internet articles about them, it's not much of a thing to the TV viewer watching a football game on CBS or FOX.

yeah, just another way to increase clicks and views by the media. what else are they going to report on?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, just another way to increase clicks and views by the media. what else are they going to report on?
There's a certain desperation for clicks at this point. The economics of the media have changed a lot. Legacy media companies have had a difficult time adjusting to the internet age. There are countless stories about this. The Sports Illustrated thread on 'Anything Else' from last week touched upon some of these themes.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I would have sex with Taylor Swift at this point in time. Even at 34, she's still conventionally attractive. She's still younger to me.
I dislike her hypocrisy for hanging out the dirty laundry in public. I wouldn't fock her, if only to avoid that type of media attention.

Taylor Swift taking her new album for a walk.jpeg

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taylor swift is bad role model for women. she the strong independent woman that most women are brainwashed to aspire to... but yet, she is unlucky in love. that is why she is sell out concerts. women can relate. while most women are not as successful, most can see the writing on the wall. the more successful they get, the worse their dating prospects are... she's like the barbie movie. relatable to women, but out of touch with the other half of the population (men). however, just like the successful barbie movie, it sends a bad message to women.

oh, Taylor isn't that attractive. another relatable quality that most independent, successful women have.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taylor swift is bad role model for women. she the strong independent woman that most women are brainwashed to aspire to... but yet, she is unlucky in love. that is why she is sell out concerts. women can relate. while most women are not as successful, most can see the writing on the wall. the more successful they get, the worse their dating prospects are... she's like the barbie movie. relatable to women, but out of touch with the other half of the population (men). however, just like the successful barbie movie, it sends a bad message to women.

oh, Taylor isn't that attractive. another relatable quality that most independent, successful women have.
Jesus Christ

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The recent obsession with Taylor Swift by Republicans is just weird. However, they do have reason to fear her... she has an extremely loyal fan base among women aged 18 to 40.... This is a demographic that the Republicans have not done their best with to say the least. Ridiculing Swift is not going to help.... anymore than if Trump is ridiculed by the left.... Swift fans and Trump fans are loyal.... although Swift has more.

When Swift, sent out a Instagram post to register to vote... they did it in large numbers.... voter registration among American women aged 18-20 was never higher. That was ONE POST. If Swift turns out the young women vote with a concerted effort, and they show up and vote.... Trump is going to be buried in the next election... in addition, the GOP might lose control of the House.

Republicans should be afraid of her... she makes Trump's influence over his fans look like a joke.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The recent obsession with Taylor Swift by Republicans is just weird. However, they do have reason to fear her... she has an extremely loyal fan base among women aged 18 to 40.... This is a demographic that the Republicans have not done their best with to say the least. Ridiculing Swift is not going to help.... anymore than if Trump is ridiculed by the left.... Swift fans and Trump fans are loyal.... although Swift has more.

When Swift, sent out a Instagram post to register to vote... they did it in large numbers.... voter registration among American women aged 18-20 was never higher. That was ONE POST. If Swift turns out the young women vote with a concerted effort, and they show up and vote.... Trump is going to be buried in the next election... in addition, the GOP might lose control of the House.

Republicans should be afraid of her... she makes Trump's influence over his fans look like a joke.
yes... yes... and Yes :) remember Taylor swift used to be a country singer. she's a grifter. women will walk away from her like they walked away from sex in the city. just another stupid idea that women listen to that will ultimately cause them more harm then good.. more unhappiness, that they will later blame men for.

".... and all the whors and politicians will look up and shout: 'save us!'. And I'll look down and whisper: 'No'"

Last edited:

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taylors got a line in one of her songs that says there is more to life than dating the captain of the football team. She is proof that they all realize eventually that no, there isn’t. Credit at least to her for course correcting.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taylors got a line in one of her songs that says there is more to life than dating the captain of the football team. She is proof that they all realize eventually that no, there isn’t. Credit at least to her for course correcting.
sounds like a strong independent woman that don't need no man. I think we can agree she has that attitude. come to think of it. she's this generation of "sex in the city". it's all trash.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All true.

She's relatable as a never married, childless 34 year old woman. Plenty of 30-42 year old Millennial women have had similar life stories.

Also true. Taylor Swift 2010-present isn't as attractive as 2000s era Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera or 1983-1992 Madonna.

There are some articles on this for those interested. That's about as deep as we can take this discussion based on forum rules.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like a strong independent woman that don't need no man. I think we can agree she has that attitude. come to think of it. she's this generation of "sex in the city". it's all trash.
Say what you want, she’s probably worth 20x what he is.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that means nothing to me. sex in the city was probably just as big or bigger than Taylor swift in its time. it spawn multiple movies, quoted and talked about by millions of women. millions tried to emulate the life of those characters by actually moving to big cities, etc.. etc...

but ultimately, it was a hindrance to women in general. it was trash... just like the whole Taylor swift concept.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What was it again? Under thirty you can skate by on looks, after thirty you need money? :rofl:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
s away from sex in the city. just another stupid idea that women listen to that will ultimately cause them more harm then good.. more unhappiness, that they will later blame men for.

".... and all the whors and politicians will look up and shout: 'save us!'. And I'll look down and whisper: 'No'"
I have met Taylor Swift in person, she is a nice lady. Like @RangerMIke stated, you are just scared of her :p

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I think it’s vaguely comical all the detailed posts on this thread by men that “don’t care about Swift”.

:p

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All true.

She's relatable as a never married, childless 34 year old woman. Plenty of 30-42 year old Millennial women have had similar life stories.
now that you got me thinking, don't forget. Talyor also rode the c0ck carousel and got ran through by chads... or what she likes to call them, "prince charming". similar to other millennial women. based on looks alone, she was trying to date out of her league. similar to other millennial women...

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it’s vaguely comical all the detailed posts on this thread by men that “don’t care about Swift”.

:p
because the media is trying to make us care. it's like being on a flight, and you are sitting next to a obese person. you don't want to care, but wtf, keep those chubby arms on the other side of the freaking armrest :)

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have met Taylor Swift in person, she is a nice lady. Like @RangerMIke stated, you are just scared of her :p
the actresses in sex in the city are relatively nice. the author of sex in the city is nice... they didn't kill anyone... run over people.. etc. i heard that most who were involved with sex in the city were very polite. however, that doesn't mean what they are peddling is not trash. it is trash.

I'm as scared of sex in the city, as much as I'm scared about the Taylor swift ideology, the concept.. which is not too scared, but I can already see the consequences.

I am amazed why people don't see the correlation between Taylor swift idealism and the unhappiness that women are experiencing now.

Taylor swift is like a bucket of ice cream to women. it might make them feel good short term, but ultimately it's trash. it's only going to make women fatter, and unhealthier. we shouldn't celebrate this.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
now that you got me thinking, don't forget. Talyor also rode the c0ck carousel and got ran through by chads... or what she likes to call them, "prince charming". similar to other millennial women. based on looks alone, she was trying to date out of her league. similar to other millennial women...
Yes! This is another area of commonality.