Summer Bootcamp 2012 Enrolling Now

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome Social_Leper! I'll update the list tomorrow evening. Care to write a statement of commitment - not for us, but for you, for when it will get tough?

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in. Usually I have a dry spell during the summer so this should be good motivation.

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to be a part of this if possible, I need it! I haven't read the dj bible though, is that okay?

Fly By Night

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no good way of going out a lot because of parents. :embarrassed:

But, I'll still join you guys even though I will be handicapped.

I'm in.

17Soft

Reaction score
I'm still in. I've been reading this fourm and blogs like this for over a year and I haven't applied it. I need to break this habit of laziness! Plus summer is coming, so why not get this skill development started?

afcwolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
hello all, nwe to the site so ill just introduce myself here: WBAFC transitioning to RAFC, after that who knows, Don Juan seems like a good alternative to a pua. this is exactly what i need, you all may not be physically there with me but knowing others are out there doing the same thing i am will propel me to see this through, oh and i don't want to be the little b*tch with nothing to post come results time :p

my statement: "the man of tommorow is forged by his battles today. a sheep that follows the herd, or a wolf in sheeps clothing. your choice" - Me

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
incognito42 said:
I'd like to be a part of this if possible, I need it! I haven't read the dj bible though, is that okay?
incognito42 that's fine, we'll have weekly reading material posted here so you can read the most important stuff as you go.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fly By Night said:
I have no good way of going out a lot because of parents. :embarrassed:

But, I'll still join you guys even though I will be handicapped.

I'm in.
You can go out during the day. Ask yourself if this is an excuse or is it really something keeping you from doing it? Did your parents tie you up to the house?

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
Is this your ex-girlfriend?

Include me in this competition. I will be one of the last few men standing, if not the very last.
Welcome Robyn923b! No this is not my ex. This girl is hot, mine was hot and beautiful. :cool:

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shivastorm_88 said:
I'm in, it starts next week?
The boot camp starts in 7 hours. Are you ready?

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Recruits for the Summer Boot Camp 2012

Recruits, here's our team, take a good look around, because half of you won't be make it to week 2 :trouble: Those that do will have an amazing summer.

1. Impact
2. Mr_Stinky
3. bcolon
4. Sweet James Jones
5. youngmack
6. Eternal_water
7. 17Soft
8. Social_Leper
9. wait_out
10. Sofomore
11. oscarxp25
12. incognito42
13. Fly By Night
14. Robyn923b
15. Shivastorm_88
16. afcwolf
17. roman81
18. Xenon

Last edited:

afcwolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
forgot a name on that list :/

more importantly, for those that don't have it, how soon will the requried readings be up? considering it starts soon those that don't already have it would benefit form reading as early as possible to prepare

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Boot Camp - Week #1

All right recruits, as your Drill Sergeant, I want to welcome you to the DJ Boot Camp. For the next eight weeks, you will be official property of the Don Juan Center. You will be undergoing intense, highly effective, drills and exercises that will have you becoming the DJ you've always wanted to be.

In case you have not yet read the course description, you can do so by going to http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12802

Okay, let's begin...

During this first week, we will work on establishing the foundation for our inner DJ personas. And the foundation for this is creating and conveying confidence. Fortunately for us, confidence is not something you are born with, but rather a skill that anyone, willing to put in the effort, can develop.

Like all Boot Camp lessons, there are two parts to this week's lesson. The first part is the reading material, and the second part is the exercises. It is recommended that you read the articles first, and perform the exercises afterwards, since in many cases the exercises utilize ideas and strategies discussed in the reading material.

Purpose of this lesson: Our goal for this week is to initiate the process of developing confidence, and work on methods for conveying confidence (direct eye contact and saying Hi to strangers).

Reading Material

1. Lazy = Masturbation by bondjamesbond http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000696.html

The title says it all. Read to find out the mentality between those who are lazy and complain... and those who go out and actually do something (like all of us for going through this Boot Camp)!

2. Be a Man by Pook http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000371.html

What can I say about this post that hasn't been said before? Simply put... it's a work of art! This is the post that probably turned my whole foundation around when it came to becoming the DJ I always wanted to be. A definite must read as you begin your Boot Camp training!

3. To Anyone Who Lacks Confidence by Nine Breaker http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000930.html

A practical discussion on how to generate confidence. A very useful read at this stage in the Boot Camp.

4. Kill that desperation! by Pook http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000199.html

Another Pook classic! You want to be a DJ... then you must acquire the mentality of the DJ! Become the Great Catch.

5. Eye Contact (why it's important) by Surfboard http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000349.html

Why the heck is eye contact important anyway? Well aside from being an aide to displaying confidence and to show a person that you are interested in them, studies have actually proven that extended eye contact releases chemicals that simulate and initiate the feelings of falling in love. Read for more information, and for ways to use this to your advantage.

6. Successful eye contactby Take No Dirt http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001195.html

Okay, you've initiated eye contact... what do you do now so that she doesn't think your a psycho for staring?

7. Ways to make your self more attractive by Quietstorm http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000472.html

An interesting discussion on clothing, and how to dress properly. In addition to looking more appealing to girls, a change in wardrobe is one of the easiest things you can do to change your own outlook on things, and to increase your self-confidence.

Music Picks by TheRockStar (Songs to get you into the theme of the lesson).

Bette Davis Eyes - Duets Soundtrack

Beautiful Stranger - Madonna

Blue Eyes - Elton John

Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

Start Me Up - Rolling Stones

Exercises

Okay, so you've read the posts above, and you're ready to get started with the exercises. Great!

For this week's lesson, your mission is to go out into any setting where there are a large amount of people, and practice establishing eye contact, as well as to approach strangers with a simple "Hi" or "Hello." Here are the specifics...

Exercise #1 - In two separate outings, each lasting one hour in length, you will go about establishing eye contact with strangers.

A fun way to go about doing this is to walk around in a mall or in a park and look people directly in the eyes as they are walking towards you. You will find that most people will not look at you in the eyes, but for those who do look you in the eye, you will want to practice looking in their eyes at least one second longer than they look into yours, this denotes confidence. To create the impression that you are friendly and approachable, you will want to match the eye contact with a genuine smile.

You can practice eye contact on just about anyone you see, male or female, young or old. But since the eventual goal of this Boot Camp is to acquire women, you will want to spend at least some of your time establishing eye contact with attractive girls.

Exercise #2 - A confident person has no problem saying Hi to a stranger, and since the first part of this Boot Camp is geared toward building confidence, the goal of this exercise is to go around and say Hi or Hello to a total of 50 strangers during this week. Again, you can say Hi to any person you see, but since eventually your goal will be to get girls, you will want to practice saying Hi to attractive girls. Also, when greeting strangers, practice doing so with a smile and have fun.

And to save time, feel free to combine exercises #1 and #2 together, so that you can go about greeting your 50 strangers during your eye contact outings (e.g. Establish eye contact, smile, and say Hi when you are within speaking range).

After completing this exercise (no later than June 8th 2012 - one week from today), post your results on this thread. Share with the rest of us anything interesting that happened, and what emotions you may have felt (excitement, nervousness, joy, etc.), as well as what you thought of this first lesson.

Master of the Universe

Good luck recruits!