Stronglifts

bigwuz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anybody else do this? I never lifted before this. Think it is an good program except deadlifts. I hate them lol

AH909

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did stronglifts 5x5 back in he fall to help me break through a plateau. If this is your first time lifting it will definitely help you build a good base to work off of. just make sure you follow the routine exactly as it is described and eat good you will see results. The program got pretty boring towards the end cause your doing the same thing every other workout and doing squats every workout was kinda a b*tch but you just gotta plow through it. And dont worry about deadlifts, you only have to do one set and once you get used to them you'll be surprised how much you'll be able to do. Just don start too heavy with them.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
been doing it for 3 months

bigwuz said:
Does anybody else do this? I never lifted before this. Think it is an good program except deadlifts. I hate them lol
yup ive been doing it for 3 months and i haven't done the deadlifts
i did rows instead of deadlifts
anyway i got some pretty good results, def give it a try :cool:

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And what do you mean with results? Muscle mass or strength?

bigwuz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its pretty fun now but I am thinking about adding cardio like running on my off days I really hate running but think it will help with stamina an sex lol

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why skimp on deadlifts? Man up and do them. Deads are by far my favourite lift. There's no need to add cardio to it, yes your cardiovascular stamina will increase but it'll have little more effect; especially considering that you're probably going to not put much effort into it.

bigwuz

Don Juan
Reaction score
DanZy said:
Why skimp on deadlifts? Man up and do them. Deads are by far my favourite lift. There's no need to add cardio to it, yes your cardiovascular stamina will increase but it'll have little more effect; especially considering that you're probably going to not put much effort into it.
I don't skimp on dead lifts if you are referring to me but I do want to add cardio because I'm bored on my off days and my diet is not the best.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think stronglifts would be a good start or any other 5x5 program. I've personally never done stronglifts routine, though I'm kind of skeptical about the program because it has you starting out at 50% of your training max. I guess it is better to start out too light and progress longer over a period of time than to progress to quickly and stall out.

As for Deadlifts, I can't tell you to do them or not, but any good athlete, powerlifter, strongman or bodybuilder uses deadlifts. I say learn to love em or just man up and do it. As for me I'm not really a fan of squatting, but I do it anyways cause I know its the best exercise for my legs and good for developing overall mass. The Deadlift will work more muscles than any other exercise you do.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigwuz said:
I don't skimp on dead lifts if you are referring to me but I do want to add cardio because I'm bored on my off days and my diet is not the best.
Then fix your diet. Adding cardio because your diet is poor is like putting a bandaid over an infected wound, you're just covering it up.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SayWhat said:
And what do you mean with results? Muscle mass or strength?
well i gained around 10lbs of lean body mass , shed some fat(20lbs) and i'm stronger now,just the other day i moved a truck o_O well i just got it out of a pit but still...i could barely do a single push up before....

but i eat massive like 1kg of chx breasts and 4 liters of milk.....
also my buddy tried it and well he is stronger but still skinny, IMO it works better for fat people. (i was obese)