Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I take my relationship to the next step?

Neil

Reaction score
Dear Readers,

I am having a lot of success with my current relationship so far, but how do I ensure that the relationship stays "balanced". Like for example, if we look at our economic system, inflation is great. It helps the economy, but once we reach to high of an inflation, things become expensive and making investments are a lot riskier. People tend to buy less and eventually, if the market continues to fall, we can lead into downward cycle leading into a depression/recession which is also bad. I want to enhance our relationship, but I don't want to have spikes where for one time its exciting and then for the next week its pure boredom.

Just a quick intro...

I have been dating this girl - not officially in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship - and we've gone out to the movies several times and went out to dinner once before going to our extracurricular activity. - that's right. were in an extra curricular activity. Sounds dangerous doesn't it? Anyways, she just got out of a relationship about a month and a half ago. Two months ago, she went to a party, she was of course intoxicated and I received a text message from her saying that she loved me. I didn't take the message to heart because 1) she already had a boyfriend and 2) she was drunk. I did have thoughts about it however seeing that alcohol does bring out the most of us... So they say. Her relationship with her boyfriend ends because she finds out that her boyfriend cheated on her. We started talking a lot more but she never really said anything to me about liking me/loving me, mind you she did apologize for her actions the following day after the party.

About three weeks ago, she tells me that she loves me. It was a complete shock to me for several reasons. I also felt a bit suspicious because I didn't want to get into one only if wanted to get in one due to her recent breakup. We've started to hang out a lot. She doesn't attend the same school as me which is great because I'd hate to always be around a girl that I was in a relationship with - I enjoy my space -. With this being said, she is also french and I am english. I am bilingual and can speak french without having to many problems. I find it quite adventurous and fun at the same time. I have been in relationships in the past and they've gone pretty much no where's and lost somewhat of a good friendship and that's not something I want to lose from her.

Anyways, after telling me that she loves me, I expressed my feelings towards her telling her that part of me says yes, and part of me says no, yet she told me to give her a chance to work things out. We had multiple conversations, one involving sex which was a total turn on for me. According to her she's still a virgin, something that I really took to heart because there are so many girls I know at my school who aren't virgins anymore and either lost it when they were young and stupid or lost it at a party when they were totally drunk. I too am still a virgin and that is primarily why I am giving her this chance. My hope is not to lose mine to someone else who has already lost theirs. I want to experience something that you only get to do once, or as they say get to play the one card you'll ever get to play and that is giving your virginity away to someone else.

Three weeks down the road, we are activity dating, mind you were not in a confirmed relationship. She tells me that she loves me and ever since last week, I am starting to say the same. I of course took the different approach to tell her in person opposed to email as I find they are so impersonal. Since we are both involved in the same extra curricular activity, I plan to tell her before it starts that I believe its now time we take the next step in our relationship which is of course boyfriend/girlfriend. The only problem with this is that there's a business conference that I am attending to in 14 days. I know that if we declare our self in a relationship, the program manager will not take her considering that we "might do stuff" that would be deemed inappropriate.

The other setback on my part is the following and I plan to fix them as soon as possible, but I don't know which I should prioritize first.

-> Not fat, but getting there. Would definitely love to have nice muscles and perhaps a 6 pack.

-> The house I live in is below "average" I mean, the house is 30 years old, but I've seen houses that are 200 years old that look better then mind. Mind you my parents only bring in 65K/yr combines after taxes, and would hate to bring her to my place.

-> I plan to attend university next year and have no desire in getting a new bed or dresser - it will be provided in residence - and i've had both bed and dresser for like. ever.

-> I'm 17, and I don't even have my beginners / drivers license. This is primarily because there's only 1 vehicle and my parents don't really trust me driving the 2006 Ford F-150 truck.

-> Don't have a lot of time to spare unless I'm on vacation making going out "for fun" is difficult.

-> Don't drink and don't party where there's alcoholic beverages. - Morals and its illegal. Drinking age is 19. I know she drinks, but she's said that she's stopped for a few reasons

I honestly don't know what to do to enhance the relationship. I'm not in it for the sex even though it would probably be amazing, but the fact that when I'm around her, I feel warmth and happiness. I always have a smile around her and I appreciate every second that I'm with her. Our first kiss was a few days ago, even though it was suppose to be just a good knight kiss. - she turned her head and i kissed her on the lips. Our actual first kiss was at the theatres - not the way I pictured it - during the movie. I went to kiss her on the arm, then on the neck, and I guess it triggered to actually kiss me back, which of course was on the lips. I guess i sort of took control thereafter. I sort of had my hand on the side of her face etc. The last time we saw each other was last saturday. We held hands for the entire movie and we cuddled. I also went to kiss her on the lips, but ended up getting french kissed in the end which was amazing. - never felt my heart beat so fast.

Sorry for getting off topic, little to much detail, but I hope it gives you a better understanding on how I can accomplish the following.

-> How to ask her if she wants to bring our relationship to the next step.

-> How to keep things balanced, yet exciting at the same time.

-> What should I prioritize above? I am currently reading the drivers handbook.

-> And should I get a job? Is it worth it? I live 10 - 15 minutes from downtown. I'd be driving a truck - big gas guzzler. Id have to pay for insurance, gas, and maybe a bit for maintenance. I realize that if I work, it takes a lot away from school time - studying and such - but I mean, At least I wouldn't have to bum money off my parents hah.

-> And. Does it seem like I'm jumping the gun and I should just play it by day and not worry about it? After all, its not like I'm going to marry her, even though I do plan to take her to Prom. :)

Best Regards
Neil

classy broadside

Don Juan
Reaction score
Neil,

Looks like you've got yourself an orphan thread. But no fear -- it often seems that the more in-depth the thread, the less responses it gets (compare with "Post your favorite movie!").

You sound like you have a few values in common with me; that's why I'm responding.

Anyway, you're 17. A virgin. But you've got values and a good head on your shoulders. I was a virgin until 19. And I still regret losing my virginity then. I also was looking for someone genuine. But then my hormones and pop culture got the best of me. I got really messed up from that experience. Sex does something to you when you lose your virginity.

It makes you realize that it's not really that big of a deal. It feels good, but after it's over, well, then you realize how temporary it is. Just part of a bigger whole.

It makes you understand that girls get messed up -- emotionally attached, if you will, after sex. And the ones that don't are jaded, shallow creatures. There's some study out there that says, the more partners a woman's had, the more mentally unstable she is. Of course, the study also said that the more partners a man's had, the more mentally healthy he is.

But I would reason that it's because the man finds value in getting laid. Yet if you don't find value in having sex with lots of people, then it sure won't make you a happy man. And since you have many other priorities in life, then get them straightened out first. Get a job, save some money for college, get yourself in shape (6 pack might be silly if your body isn't built like that; just make sure you exercise regularly and put your mind into it). Good things will follow.

Sex can always wait. And when you do it with someone you truly love, it's amazing. Otherwise, it's just a cheap thrill. And you cheapen yourself, and compromise what you want in life and in relationships.

So ultimately, the best course of action is to get to know her better. Relax, take it slow. That doesn't mean you can't flirt or go somewhat far (how far is up to you). Just remember that sex is really the dealmaker -- or breaker. And really, what's the rush? Your hand satisfies, doesn't it?

Neil

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply classy broadside,
Three weeks later I get a reply, and to this day I'm still a virgin I believe is quite an accomplishment; however, things might go down this weekend. Tomorrow, I'm going to the movies with her and her other two friends. I don't normally do group dates, but it'll be a first. The following day, her and I are going to the community college to work on some extra curricular stuff followed by an afternoon spent with her at her place. I'm not exactly sure whats going to "go down" that afternoon, but I know for a fact that her mother is gone and will only be returning that evening. Her father on the other hand has errends to run, but he'll be picking us up around 3:00pm to drop her and I off at the rink - she has a hockey game and she wants me to watch. From there, we're heading back to her house for supper and I'm under the assumption that my folks will be picking me up around 6:00 that evening. I doubt very much I'll be staying to late since she has school on Monday - fortunately I don't! I'm just going to go with the flow - I'm her guest and I'm suposing she's the entertainment - I know that if we start to get sexually active, I'll be sure to be proactive and practice safe sex. Hopefully her parents don't walk in on us! :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:
Thanks again for your reply and thank you very much for your advice.

Neil