Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shin splint?

Reckoning

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_splints

This is the condition I have. It says it might come from flat feet or DMOS, and I have flat feet, but I didn't get it before I got a DMOS in that area. Now I can't run nearly as fast as I could, and even if I do, it's only for 100 m or so before this really weird pain sets in. I went to a doctor, and he said it's because of the flat feet that make the whole body lack proper support, gave me pain pills and a gel that I'm supposed to rub onto the area. For now it isn't helping jack ****, and, goddammit, I want to go back to running fast and being able to jump without worrying about writhing in pain afterwards. I got these cushions or whatever they're called that you put into your shoe, but the doctor said my growth is nearly complete (17 yr old) and that it's relatively impossible for my feet to be corrected now.

Did anyone else have this problem, if so what did you do?

Any other advice is also welcome.

Reckoning

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, they sure look funky :D

I'll see if I can find them in my area. Other ideas still welcome :p

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shin splints are a form of crack propagation on your anterior tibial surface in which your rate of deterioration of bone precludes your rate of remodelling of bone. It’s is usually caused by running on hard surface/ continuous impacts that stress the area. So I’m going to hazard a guess that you’ve either been running on concrete which offers solid resistance and no deformation upon impact or that two you’ve been running with an incorrect form. Running on concrete or hard surfaces always sucks but you can aid yourself by getting real joggers to start with and by having a less restricted heal strike if doing middle distance running. Otherwise if you’re into sprinting and are doing so on tartan it may be due to you not springing of the balls of your feet enough or running heavy footed. In which case that’s a form issue and can be corrected fairly easily. I’d still recommend doing laps of an oval as opposed to running on concrete if it’s the former however.

To heal shin splints unfortunately takes time but if you wish to speed up the process there’s some gel that I’ve been using called fisiocrem which greatly helped me when I had a strain issue with my shoulder from gym. Not sure if they make it where you’re from though.

Hope this helps a bit as I’ve had them myself

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also suffered from this at one point.

Buy some nice thick inserts for your shoes and wear them everywhere for awhile.

Don't run on hard surfaces, stick to grass or treadmill

Reckoning

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it feels like it's well on it's way to heal, the pain is a lot lesser than it was, and it's only the right shin that is affected now.