She's older than me

TheTrinity

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 33. She's 39-40.

She's real pretty, smart, great personality. Definitely attracted her. We're colleagues but from different departments. And yes, she's very single.

Met her last week for the first time and we clicked. It was fun.

I'm looking for a relationship and not flings but I'm hesitant to push further with her. What if I date her and it gets real serious? What if I do eventually fall in love with her? In the future, I want children when the time comes and the fact that she's at an age where miscarriages are high scares the daylights out of me. I know I'm not even dating her, but I play the what if's in this case because of her age.

Am I an a**hole for thinking that way?

What are your thoughts on this?

bcolon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop thinking to much into it. Your already fantasizing future plans with her and you haven't even been on a date with her.

Do that first and see what happens. In the meantime spin more plates (talk to more females) the more the merrier. You will feel even more better if you found someone better than her.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Judge nismo orders you to get her off that pedestal right now!

You're gonna get your feelings hurt (BTW she won't care) if you go in with that mindset. Don't expect too much and you won't get hurt as much, if at all. :)

Just have fun. Go on a date with her in that mindset. Let the chips fall where they may. Don't be afraid to take initiatives. :up:

Above all, continue to spin plates. Always. That's my ruling.

Case closed. Have fun with this one. :yes:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
TheTrinity said:
I'm 33. She's 39-40.

She's real pretty, smart, great personality. Definitely attracted her. We're colleagues but from different departments. And yes, she's very single.

Met her last week for the first time and we clicked. It was fun.

I'm looking for a relationship and not flings but I'm hesitant to push further with her. What if I date her and it gets real serious? What if I do eventually fall in love with her? In the future, I want children when the time comes and the fact that she's at an age where miscarriages are high scares the daylights out of me. I know I'm not even dating her, but I play the what if's in this case because of her age.

Am I an a**hole for thinking that way?

What are your thoughts on this?
I dated a girl 7 years older last summer and it was a great relationship. She totally fell hard and paid for almost everything. When I moved she paid for flights to see me. But I lost interest when I hooked up with the stripper (age 19 vs 47). Then I felt taken advantage of, because she was older and had gotten so serious so quick. I dumped her and never saw her again but we're still friends.

Don't get too serious, you probably won't like her for that long.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheTrinity said:
I'm 33. She's 39-40.

In the future, I want children when the time comes and the fact that she's at an age where miscarriages are high scares the daylights out of me.
When you're looking for something specific for a woman, you should NOT be dating women who don't meet your qualifications.

However, I'm going to go a bit out on the limb a bit. According to your post count and your join date, you're still fairly new at this whole dating thing. If that is the case, then I would encourage you to date as many women as humanly possible for a year or two.

Why would you do this? Because when you find a woman who DOES meet your qualifications for a LTR and starting a family, you will have the tools and the experience to attract her and make her yours.

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This woman might in fact not even want to have children -- so you end up having a nice, fun, short term dating relationship in the meantime while hoping that you eventually meet the woman that wants the same things you do.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, women that old rarely can get pregnant. Men who have a thing for creatures who can't get pregnant have some issues to deal with. Issues that can be solved with a trip East.

http://pautov.viplast.ru/images/gallery/10904.jpg
Dude, you need to study Russian. Go to Ukraine. Go ****block that dude for me. Graduation just passed (and yes, those girls are legal in Ukraine and would be legal anywhere in America) and they look so lonely. What an American guy can do in Ukraine is astonishing :cheer:

http://foreignaffair.com/tour/photo...-05-2009/images/Ukraine-Women-Odessa-0043.jpg
For the Love of God! Grandpa just outdid you. :confused:

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your thoughts are normal. However, a woman aged 40 can have healthy children, even though it's riskier than a 20-something having kids.

I'd say talk to her, and during dates ask her what her views on having kids are.