Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

SALES life lessons

Super Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Please post ONLY if you're GREAT at selling.

Here are my SALES life lessons, for people interested in making money:

0. Warming up to a prospect goes a LONG way. (the questions you ask before you sell...like "How long have you owned the company?" and "How's the fishing in San Diego?" etc)

1. When talking to a new prospect. Ask ALOT of questions. Always try to position yourself as the "trusted advisor" (thank you Jay Abraham and Bob Serling)

2. Your prospect should be doing 80% of the talking. You should focus only on asking good questions that lead them to YOUR desired outcome. (again, thank you Serling)

3. Never sell your time. Never. (thank you Yanik Silver)

4. Learn how to write compelling letters. This will absolutely change your life if you apply it to everything you do. (thank you Halbert)

5. Let the prospect make the decision. Not you. (thank you Frank Kern)

6. Hypnosis is very powerful in sales. Apply covert suggestions to your sales script and watch your conversions SOAR. (mucho real-world testing went into this one)

7. Lace everything with POSITIVE suggestions. Paint vivid satisfying pictures but also cover all the negatives/objections (thanks Dan Kennedy)

8. Structure your business around your life. Not vice versa.

9. Feel good as you work. Workout every morning. Avoid coffee crashes. Drink lots of H2O Etc.

10. Before you sit down to work, think about what it will do for you once you're successful. (this should make you feel VERY motivated)

Please add to this list, but only if you are GREAT at selling and make money with your skills.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Super Hero, would you please elaborate on Number 3 (Never sell your time. Never)?

HighResurrection

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this post. Mimic the other persons body language to help build immediate rapport. Don't close of your body language and be aware If they close theirs.
Enthusiasm is what makes sales if your not excited about the product don't expect anyone else to be. Listen to what the other person has to say and respond accordingly. Don't close the sale to early, if a girl is giving you no signs of interest what's the point of asking for the sale.

People hate to be sold but love to buy. I read this from a pretty good site talking about hypnosis in selling. Make the story complelling because people puts themselves in the story.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. if you don't believe in your product, they won't either.

Super Hero, would you please elaborate on Number 3 (Never sell your time. Never)?
he's talking about what I call "strokes" as in the popular 80's rock song "stroke me" A stroke is someone whose life mission it is is to ask you every question there is, test drive every car there is, with no real intention of buying, and what they do is they give you some outrageous deal that they say they got somewhere else and get you to try to spend all day crunching numbers just to try to hit it. you let that guy walk regardless of what your boss says.

3. NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS. when i sold cars i sold on avg 20-25 cars a month. to do that i sold about 1 car a day on avg. To sale 1 car a day on avg I would have to talk to at least 10 people a day. so my goal everyday was to cold approach 10 people on the lot everyday. if I did that I knew the rest of the numbers would take care of themselves. I would be sitting there bored on a Thursday and one of my clients i approached for 2 weeks ago would pull up with the family ready to buy a car today.

4. you control the sales process. A date / a sale is suppose to a go a certain way. the minute you give up that process even if you do get the sale you aren't going to make any money. teh guy who comes and tries to grab the frame by telling you "okay here is a check for 30 thousand dollars and i need to buy these 2 cars make it work" he has tried to grab the frame, you need to grab that **** back. you are going to do it my way or you can go somewhere else.

5. you can pretty much find any vice you are looking for in the city at a car lot. drugs? don't know any weed guys in town? drive to the local chevy dealer i assure you witin 5 mitnues you will have a number if you ask a sales person. someone there knows. coke? check. strippers? check. best clubs / bars? check. whatever you need they got you. hell some of them can probably even get you right there at the dealership.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
-Persist until you succeed.

-The secret to getting things done.................do them now!

-Coffee is for closers only!

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
1. if you don't believe in your product, they won't either.

he's talking about what I call "strokes" as in the popular 80's rock song "stroke me" A stroke is someone whose life mission it is is to ask you every question there is, test drive every car there is, with no real intention of buying, and what they do is they give you some outrageous deal that they say they got somewhere else and get you to try to spend all day crunching numbers just to try to hit it. you let that guy walk regardless of what your boss says.

3. NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS. when i sold cars i sold on avg 20-25 cars a month. to do that i sold about 1 car a day on avg. To sale 1 car a day on avg I would have to talk to at least 10 people a day. so my goal everyday was to cold approach 10 people on the lot everyday. if I did that I knew the rest of the numbers would take care of themselves. I would be sitting there bored on a Thursday and one of my clients i approached for 2 weeks ago would pull up with the family ready to buy a car today.

4. you control the sales process. A date / a sale is suppose to a go a certain way. the minute you give up that process even if you do get the sale you aren't going to make any money. teh guy who comes and tries to grab the frame by telling you "okay here is a check for 30 thousand dollars and i need to buy these 2 cars make it work" he has tried to grab the frame, you need to grab that **** back. you are going to do it my way or you can go somewhere else.

5. you can pretty much find any vice you are looking for in the city at a car lot. drugs? don't know any weed guys in town? drive to the local chevy dealer i assure you witin 5 mitnues you will have a number if you ask a sales person. someone there knows. coke? check. strippers? check. best clubs / bars? check. whatever you need they got you. hell some of them can probably even get you right there at the dealership.
How did you like selling cars? I got offered a job selling cars but I declined the offer. Did you have to work alot of hours? Was it fun. Did you learn alot about sales? Was it boring?

Super Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi :
11. You don't have to be the most talented salesman. You just have to be willing to work harder than the rest.
Add empowering emotions feelings and fun to that = Unstoppable.

YAboi : Thanks mate. I liked the rep comment. haha :yes:

Atom Smasher :
Never Get a job.

HighResurrection : You've got some good points you really do.

Also (As you and some others pointed out) :
Watch you're clients bodylanguage and correct it, if necessary

Elicitate values and Criteria

Always point out what the product can do for your customer

Sell emotions, not products but don't be cheesy. Thin line.

Dissarm possible objections BEFORE they come up

Sleight of Mouth patterns are awesome

When you made the sale, stop selling

backbreaker : :rockon:

Victory Unlimited : Cheers mate.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you made the sale, stop selling

Related to that, when the time comes for the closing question, ask it, look straight at the prospect, and wait. Let the silence create pressure. The first one to speak loses.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iwanttofight said:
How did you like selling cars? I got offered a job selling cars but I declined the offer. Did you have to work alot of hours? Was it fun. Did you learn alot about sales? Was it boring?
I took a pretty unique pqath. I startd a custom online computer business at a very early age adn realized early on that 1. it was going to take some time for it to reallyt ake off and 2. I had to leanr how to sale. I wa we were selling very high end computers and I hadn't a clue on how to sale anything. My mother who has been in sales the vast majroity of her life, and pretty good at it, told me to go get a sales job. So I killed two birds with one stone and went and sold cars. I learned how to sale and I put food on the table for the time being utnil my business took off.

It's anything but boring, that i promise you. it's a lot of things. stressful. demanding. hard lol. but not boring. man I could fill a forum with the stories I could tell you from the car lot. from getting blow jobs in the back of a new car in the back of a lot, to having a salesman steal a new car and part it out for crack only to come back to work the next day and lie and try to say that he went on a test drive and the dude kicked him out the car and took off, from watching the boss talk a hooker to get in the back seat of a used limo we had on the lot and "service" all the guys for 50 a pop. lol had dudes running to the ATM all day long. to hooking up with women at work, to stupid crazy but true sales stories.. the hours are ****ty, but if you become good at it, it will pay better than 90% out there.

25 cars a month, you've hit damn near every bonus possible at any car lot in America at that point. that alone is about 3 grand in bonus, not incoming the actual commission. was pushing 7-9k a month on avg by the time i left. but i had no free time between that and the business. Within 5 or so months and some training from an outside consulting who came in to help us who took really strong liking to me, I was basically the stores designated closer. The guy they called in when the guy couldn't get a deal done and he would have to split it with me or have the guy walk. I would find sales when the avg person didn't even see a sales opportunity. I made damn near a 4 grand commission.. as in my cut one saturday mroning shooting the **** with this copule getting their mazda 3 hatchback serviced, then turn around and sold the hatchback 1 hour later to a client i had in mind for another 600 dollar commission. I did all that before noon that day and ened up selling 2 more cars later that day. i made about 6 grand that day.

I got so good at it they actually moved me over to the store next door and moved me to Finance and insurance (F and I), so I was the guy who did all the paperwork in that office and tried to sale you insurance that you don't need.. 20 years old, infiniti dealership. African American at that. Taht type of move up is not possible in most places. The GM of the dealership was just 21. making damn near 250k a year.

i left once i knew i could sqeek out a living with the computer livingf and knew i knew what i needed to know to move that business forward.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Number 6, how exactly do you hypnotize someone mid conversation? And can you give an example of a covert suggestion?

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Should probably point out though that it's only if some of these things are executed well do they work, otherwise they could backfire - best example is 0. Most people have come across salespeople who lose a sale as soon as they open their mouth with a poor attempt at warming up or acting interested in their potential customer.