Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Really, Sosuave? 10 posts in 1440 minutes?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
How many times has it happened to you? You type in a thoughtful, detailed, proof-read reply to a post but when you press the "Post Quick Reply" button it says "The Maximum number of posts is 10 in a 1440 minute period."

Then you press the back button, hoping to copy what you wrote for later. But no. Your post has been destroyed forever. It's truly an incredible disservice to the forum members who volunteer their time here.

Thank you, SoSuave Security team.

And if we didn't need more proof that it was the Buttmunch of the Year who chose:

1) Not to simply grey out the edit box when we're over the "limit".
2) Not to preserve what was typed when you press Back.
3) Not to post some warning in advance when you reach 10.
4) And who chose 10 as the limit to begin with.

They cinched the award by:

5) Coining a new term to mean 24 hours: 1440 minutes.

That would be a good sign for a 7-Eleven. "Now Open 1440 Minutes per day". Whatever you do, SS, don't fix that. Ever. And don't fire the jack-munch who chose 10 posts as the limit.

What goddamn $10 per hour outsourcing agency from India did SS hire to program this website?

Oh, and remember members: don't send more than 2 emails in 180 seconds. Wait another 170 seconds before trying again.

Bigneil
Senior Software Engineer

blackwolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it kinda sucks. That's why I'm using my second account here lol.

TheMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think, the admins need to change something in the parameter that you cant even open the reply thing.

that way it prevent you from wrriting something and you can comme tomorrow

i also think its not 24h but rather per day
i think you can comme after midnight and you're good to go.

someone tried this ?

Bumsniff

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps the admins feel we should be spending 1440 minutes more productively actually meeting women rather than posting about them?

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the website looks and runs like ****, this is common knowledge. Back button has always worked for me, I'm not sure that's something actually coded into the boards.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Slickster said:
I think the warning should read: GET A LIFE YOU ARE POSTING TOO MUCH!
Gee, let's take if from the Sosuave Lifetime Achievement member himself, Mr. 2000+ posts (who has been here years longer than I have and who averages 10% more posts per day).

Then again, as a software tools developer, rule #1 is that the user NEVER loses their work. It's unacceptable.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Er mate, are you feeling ok?

Best thing to do is only post replies by clicking on "post reply" rather than the quick reply option...that way it tells you that you've already reached the 10 post limit before you even type anything.

Have to admit it's happened a few times to me myself.

So Suave, don't change a thing...posts should be about quality not quantity.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't there a sticky somewhere that warns ppl about this rule?

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh the ten post a day rule sucks overall.

Imagine a guy hasn't posted for months and makes a thread asking for advice. Then views a few threads and gives his advice/comments. Eventually he's reached 10 posts and then has a great response that took him say 15 minutes to write in his post and he loses it. All that is gonna do is make him say "Eh I'm out of here" and not post for a bit because of anger or because he loses interest in not being able to post more than 10 times a day. Seriously I've never seen an other site that limits its user's posts to 10 posts in a 1440 minute time period.

Should be a tiered system; 10 posts per day until 100 posts and then it becomes 15 posts a day, 20 at 500 posts and 25 for 1000+. Having the 10 posts a day rule is good for the flame wars/bs but sucks when someone is in the middle of posting his/her pearls of wisdom during a conversation in a thread. Plus after 100 posts or so most Mods would get a feel for a user to understand if they are nothing but a fight starter or at least if a flame war started they could look through their history and take a gander to get a feel.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soon ppl are gonna join just for the thrill of debating this 10 post rule!

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cuts down on the spam. Sucks that we don't have a notification to tell you how many posts you're at and how many you have left, instead it's just SUPRISE! You can't post anymore now.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recommend you all stop caring about stupid forum things and move on with your lives. You guys pretend like you have more than TEN useful replies to contribute a day.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:
How many times has it happened to you? You type in a thoughtful, detailed, proof-read reply to a post but when you press the "Post Quick Reply" button it says "The Maximum number of posts is 10 in a 1440 minute period."

Then you press the back button, hoping to copy what you wrote for later. But no. Your post has been destroyed forever. It's truly an incredible disservice to the forum members who volunteer their time here.

Bigneil
Senior Software Engineer

When I type a thoughtful, detailed, and proof-read reply I usually hit Preview Post button before I hit Submit Reply button. In this sequence I am able to hit the back button and copy my text.

Always preview your thoughtful and detailed responses :nono:

P.S. 10 post rule is just to force us read more than we post. Ideally we need to read 100% of the time and don't post anything because everything is already written.