quickest way to become A REAL MAN - join the military??

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I don't think this is about being a DJ but being a man. Hell I could fvck all of South Bend and not be a man. Being a Dj is easier than being a true man. No being a man is not about fight buy making one dream you had as a boy a reality. I would rather be a true male to the core then a fvckin dj anyday.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's a way to confirm yourself your value.
Really? Seriously? You confirm somebody's value by how well they fight? I agree that sometimes makes you the most popular person...when you're about 8 years old...

Anyway, one thing I do agree is that mastery and perserverance are cornerstones of being a man. But one doesn't need to drive by IEDs or get punched into brain damage to prove that.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
Anyway, one thing I do agree is that mastery and perserverance are cornerstones of being a man.
Here here. I agree. People who knew me when I was struggling (fired (only time ever!) from my low-paying job), then having to REALLY scramble to get back on my feet and THEN SOME back in Feb 2006. I took Crazy fvckin All Or Nothing ACTION! I was driving hundreds of miles to places where no one wanted to work (too expensive to live) and doing whatever it took to forge ahead. I met awesome people during my time of do or die! These people believed in me and saw my passion (which at the time was driven by a oneitis who I no longer think so much about). She provided the spark to become a man. She was the light that sustained me during those tough times...people who knew me before I became a monster of success just awe at how I pulled through and Persevered. They always use that word. They themselves engineers, successes in their own rights who've persevered, I can take a compliment from them seriously and respectfully. So while I don't think I'm too manly, my career requires fortitude and balls of steel. You must be ON or aware at all times. There is no let-up. I'm around people constantly, and a fvckup or minor slip could harm not only them but me as well.

Perseverance and great responsibility in whatever you do, is manly. Being a slug and working toward nothing (or no image of what you want) is feminine.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
Really? Seriously? You confirm somebody's value by how well they fight? I agree that sometimes makes you the most popular person...when you're about 8 years old...

Anyway, one thing I do agree is that mastery and perserverance are cornerstones of being a man. But one doesn't need to drive by IEDs or get punched into brain damage to prove that.
If I can come in your home undress your wife and touch her everywhere and the best thing you can do is run at the phone and wait for the cops yeah,your value is not that high.

If you're one of those men who think that being a man is "take care" of others,avoid conflicts and support your friends I'm afraid we have a different opinion.

Being loyal,hardworker,honest and all the rest are part of being a MAN as much as being able to get respect from others and be able to stand your ground.
You could be a nobel prize but if some moron come to your woman,touch her boobs and leave laughting she's gonna see you as a pvssy no matter what she say to save face or what you say to yourself for the same reason.

Wheter you like it or not the ability to defend yourseld and inflict damages to the people who treath you or your family is A way to judge your value and is directly related to your self confidence.
If you disagree fine with that but I'm sure I made myself clear this time.

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not join the military just to increase your alphaness or to get women. If you get disfigured in combat, you'll have a harder time finding a quality woman after the fact who will be willing to take care of you than if you met her before you entered the service.

Join the military if:
-you can't afford a college education
-you have significant problems in your life that are leading you down a road of self destriction
-you can't get a job that pays the bills
-you want to kill people
-you want to push yourself to the max and kill people and potentially get killed
-you don't mind living the next several years of your life in a transient state
-you don't mind the prospect of losing a limb in combat
-you want to serve your country, and you think that killing people is the way to best do it
-you like the idea of sleeping less than 6 hours every night
-you are a very intense person who loves to have themselves pushed to their limits
-you are an adrenaline junkie who has run out of ways to get a higher thrill

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Deadly_Ripped said:
Do not join the military just to increase your alphaness or to get women. If you get disfigured in combat, you'll have a harder time finding a quality woman after the fact who will be willing to take care of you than if you met her before you entered the service.

Join the military if:
-you can't afford a college education
-you have significant problems in your life that are leading you down a road of self destriction
-you can't get a job that pays the bills
-you want to kill people
-you want to push yourself to the max and kill people and potentially get killed
-you don't mind living the next several years of your life in a transient state
-you don't mind the prospect of losing a limb in combat
-you want to serve your country, and you think that killing people is the way to best do it
-you like the idea of sleeping less than 6 hours every night
-you are a very intense person who loves to have themselves pushed to their limits
-you are an adrenaline junkie who has run out of ways to get a higher thrill
Hoo-rah indeed.

Nicely stated Brother.

I'll add that I absolutely appreciate the sacrifices our servicemen and servicewomen give to allow me to say what I want to say, whenever I want to say it.

But, there's no correlation being a cog in the military industrial machine and being a man you can be proud to stare at in a mirror.

Having no viable transition from boy-mentality to MANtality is the most detrimental aspect being raised in Western culture.

We have no village Elder, no Shaman, to bring us to the edge of the abyss. Crowley did this with his hierarchical system of Thelemic Magick.

Bob Bly did it with poetry.

Jim Morrison did it through pharmacological experimentation.

I do it with MANtality.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Hoo-rah indeed.

Nicely stated Brother.

I'll add that I absolutely appreciate the sacrifices our servicemen and servicewomen give to allow me to say what I want to say, whenever I want to say it.

But, there's no correlation being a cog in the military industrial machine and being a man you can be proud to stare at in a mirror.

Having no viable transition from boy-mentality to MANtality is the most detrimental aspect being raised in Western culture.

We have no village Elder, no Shaman, to bring us to the edge of the abyss. Crowley did this with his hierarchical system of Thelemic Magick.

Bob Bly did it with poetry.

Jim Morrison did it through pharmacological experimentation.

I do it with MANtality.
So the military gives you the freedom to use the Internet? The freedom to say what you want when you want? You have a lot to learn if you believe that. Please do me a favor and save your money. Get a passport. Travel. You will be stunned at how 90% of this world can say more than you can.

I just want to have a good time with pretty girls. Lets say I meet a 19 year old girl. In America she can't drink, gamble, or go out. I am screwed. In a place like Beirut, Lebanon she can drink, gamble, and go out! Odd. Hell, in Canada she can do the same. But not freedom loving America. But you are lucky. As American man you get HPV infected single mothers.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
If I can come in your home undress your wife and touch her everywhere and the best thing you can do is run at the phone and wait for the cops yeah,your value is not that high.
I actually agree with that

If you're one of those men who think that being a man is "take care" of others,avoid conflicts and support your friends I'm afraid we have a different opinion.
Not so much that. :)