Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Push and Pull situation: The Lunch

jhonny9546

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi there!
Assume we are at lunch. Our wife prepared a delicious lunch for us.
Which are good examples of Push-Pull to make in this situation?

For example, one that I saw, but I do not know if this could be Push-Pull. What's happening here?
1) Wife prepare food for husband. He notice that there is something less, in quantity, on his routine lunch.
He starts ranting in a jaunty way about how instead of 50 grams of protein he's only eating 20.
And he starts teasing his wife by giving a nickname to his lunch, that this will be the "less lunch" of the day.
He also say: "Today I also had breakfast "less""
Wife starts swear at him while laughing. (we don't know if it's a customary laugh or if she was angry but she's laughing.)

jhonny9546

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You cannot be serious with this
It's just something that it's common in an LTR.
Other things which can came to my mind:
1) Weekends off
2) Dinners out
3) In the bed togheter

Modern world see you and your partner at a 9 to 5 job, so if you have time for dinner or lunch togheter it's pretty normal..
Why don't you think about it being serious?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's just something that it's common in an LTR.
Other things which can came to my mind:
1) Weekends off
2) Dinners out
3) In the bed togheter

Modern world see you and your partner at a 9 to 5 job, so if you have time for dinner or lunch togheter it's pretty normal..
Why don't you think about it being serious?
How about just having a conversation like most people would and say "I appreciate you taking the time to make my lunch but I would appreciate if you would ensure there is more of "x" next time?"

Not everything has to be a game.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about just having a conversation like most people would and say "I appreciate you taking the time to make my lunch but I would appreciate if you would ensure there is more of "x" next time?"

Not everything has to be a game.
OP's location: Italy

Less gaming involved with non-Italian women in my long experience.

M

member162951

Hi there!
Assume we are at lunch. Our wife prepared a delicious lunch for us.

For example, one that I saw, but I do not know if this could be Push-Pull. What's happening here?
1) Wife prepare food for husband. He notice that there is something less, in quantity, on his routine lunch.
He starts ranting in a jaunty way about how instead of 50 grams of protein he's only eating 20.
And he starts teasing his wife by giving a nickname to his lunch, that this will be the "less lunch" of the day.
He also say: "Today I also had breakfast "less""
Wife starts swear at him while laughing. (we don't know if it's a customary laugh or if she was angry but she's laughing.)
@jhonny9546 that sounds like fun banter between husband and wife, playful teasing.

Re bolded, I doubt she was mad, her laughing suggests her swearing was her "pretending" to be mad but if she knows him and understands his humor and teasing nature, she wasn't mad.

Push/pull is one partner coming close, giving their partner attention, then suddenly pulling back and temporarily withdrawing attention. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's not gender specific, both men and women do this..

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You lost me at "the wife prepared." You must be referencing a wife over the age of 50.

The Diver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if you're serious, but a good one could be: "Looks like you decided I'm starting an intermediate fasting".

jhonny9546

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if you're serious, but a good one could be: "Looks like you decided I'm starting an intermediate fasting".
So in this case i see the things differently.
There is your wife that brings your food to the table, and She prepared it with care for the most part.
She wake up 1 hour early to do it, and package, etc. I know, I wake up early too to bring that food to her hands to be prepared.
I could make a joke, but I would be assuring that I'll not say anything that could wound her. (She could smile and laugh, but it may be wound).

What my mind would think instead:
- "I'll wait for you. I want we eat togheter!" (if she is working later than me)
- "The pasta was delicious but I thought you'd be killing me: that scrambled eggs smells like fish!"
- "I know you wanted to poison me by not putting in the oil and you wanted me to choke... but food made with your hands always has a special taste. What do you put so special in it?

This could be a beta thing? It comes from my grandfather, parents LTR's.

ps: i'm italian, sorry for any translation error