Posting fitness progress here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FWIW OP, I'm willing to entertain that you bench crazy heavy. I've seen crazy things before.

But your overreaction to people saying you can't bench that, is a bit telling tbh. I've had people on reddit claim that I'm just fat when I say my height weight and BF%... I didn't care because, well, I'm not fat. So if you're actually a heavy bencher, just ignore the people that don't believe you.

That being said, I don't care if you bench that heavy or not. I care more about training methods and diet theory.

So how tall are you and how much you weigh?
What program were you running to get your bench so heavy?
How's your squat?

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FWIW OP, I'm willing to entertain that you bench crazy heavy. I've seen crazy things before.

But your overreaction to people saying you can't bench that, is a bit telling tbh. I've had people on reddit claim that I'm just fat when I say my height weight and BF%... I didn't care because, well, I'm not fat. So if you're actually a heavy bencher, just ignore the people that don't believe you.

That being said, I don't care if you bench that heavy or not. I care more about training methods and diet theory.

So how tall are you and how much you weigh?
What program were you running to get your bench so heavy?
How's your squat?
I was going to post I’m not here to argue or fight other members just post progress and talk about fitness. Believe or not none of my concern you guys just asked for stats.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This will be general progress thread of me. I will be posting wins losses and everything in between. Let’s just go forward 2024. This is it.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great, another
I ain’t lying lmao I knew I would get pushback but whatever’s just cause your weak ass willl never touch 4 plates when doesn’t mean we are all like you
I usually do dumbbells, 100s for bench, I have pics and videos. But a guy weighting in the 190s being 6ft tall benching 5 plates, sure, another Razor Rambo guy in the forum. For extraordinary claims you should have extraordinary proofs.

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is like climbing a mountain. Soon u
OP, you should compete. You'd place well.
I will admit my forms not the greatest but it will definetly pass and I feel it. I’m not here to make this about me those numbers are outrageous for my bw (175) (5’10) but it’s real and I’m not faking. I can get 455 on a GOOD day but usually bench 405x6 consistently. You would be surprised how far you can go if you mentally believe it can happen. I’m also ****ing insane in every tk int I do

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great, another

I usually do dumbbells, 100s for bench, I have pics and videos. But a guy weighting in the 190s being 6ft tall benching 5 plates, sure, another Razor Rambo guy in the forum. For extraordinary claims you should have extraordinary proofs.
Sure maybe one day I’m not trying to fight and put others down just trying to share progress and info with others. I got nothing to prove to you guys I got nothing to lie about what do I get impressing anonymous strangers on sosuave

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure maybe one day I’m not trying to fight and put others down just trying to share progress and info with others. I got nothing to prove to you guys I got nothing to lie about what do I get impressing anonymous strangers on sosuave
You're confused. Almos 5 plates on each side with that physique is damn impressive, we are skeptical here when people come, that's why we are asking for proof, you don't have to give any, but we don't have to believe you. Its like " Hey guys I bough a Bugatti, you don't believe me, fvck you"

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're confused. Almos 5 plates on each side with that physique is damn impressive, we are skeptical here when people come, that's why we are asking for proof, you don't have to give any, but we don't have to believe you. Its like " Hey guys I bough a Bugatti, you don't believe me, fvck you"
Haha fair enough I guess. I’m trying to post another photo but it’s saying it’s too large. I get it those numbers are ridiculous. Take it as you will.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been around gyms for 40 years now on and off, and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of men I've actually seen benchpress 500lbs (and that's seen not just claim). In each case, their physique was radically different to yours: more bulky, shorter levers; greater BMI.

It's difficult to tell, but I'd be surprised if you could bench 300lb with your physique - and 300lb is a significant bench BTW once you get past all the hype and lies you hear from bodybuilders in particular. Benching 300lb in true form is not to be sneezed at, especially if you're lean.
And it's also going to take steroid use as well, not something you are going to see if you are naturally trained. Hell, how many times have you seen someone do a legitimate 400 bench? A lot of these guys I've seen that claim all of these numbers often are using a shortened range of motion or have a spotter helping with the bar. For quite a while now I also see tons of guys that use that slingshot while they bench press, it's fairly similar to using a bench press shirt and allows you to use more weight than you would raw.

Julius Maddox has the raw bench press record right now of close to 800 pounds. However, at 6'3" he is slightly shorter than me and weighs well in excess of 400 pounds, I think like 430 or something like that. He's also clearly a steroid user and in addition to him being that obese he is at a huge risk for health issues. I can't imagine weighing carrying that kind of weight around knowing I could die of a heart attack within 20 years lol. I'd actually be surprised if he hits 60 years old.

Last edited:

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And it's also going to take steroid use as well, not something you are going to see if you are naturally trained. Hell, how many times have you seen someone do a legitimate 400 bench? A lot of these guys I've seen that claim all of these numbers often are using a shortened range of motion or have a spotter helping with the bar. For quite a while now I also see tons of guys that use that slingshot while they bench press, it's fairly similar to using a bench press shirt and allows you to use more weight than you would raw.

Julius Maddox has the raw bench press record right now of close to 800 pounds. However, he is slightly shorter than me at 6'3" and weighs well in excess of 400 pounds, I think like 430 or something like that. He's also clearly a steroid user and in addition to him being that obese he is at a huge risk for health issues. I can't imagine weighing carrying that kind of weight around knowing I could die of a heart attack within 20 years lol. I'd actually be surprised if he hits 60 years old.
Yep. All good points well made - and you're right, you're not making 60 walking around at 430 lbs full of gear. Maybe not even 50.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. All good points well made - and you're right, you're not making 60 walking around at 430 lbs full of gear. Maybe not even 50.
I honestly never really understood the obsession with hitting some huge one rep max type stuff, but particularly the fixation on big bench pressing. A lot of the guys I've seen at the gym over the years that are obsessed with bench pressing are honestly overweight or even obese. I just don't understand the point of something like this and it seems like it's more ego and impressing other clueless men. These guys aren't even in shape but can bench press a lot. If you were to take them out for a long hike or some other physical activity they'd very likely struggle, as they are effectively functionally obese.

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly never really understood the obsession with hitting some huge one rep max type stuff, but particularly the fixation on big bench pressing. A lot of the guys I've seen at the gym over the years that are obsessed with bench pressing are honestly overweight or even obese. I just don't understand the point of something like this and it seems like it's more ego and impressing other clueless men. These guys aren't even in shape but can bench press a lot. If you were to take them out for a long hike or some other physical activity they'd very likely struggle, as they are effectively functionally obese.
Well, yeah, benchpress is perhaps the biggest ego lift.

Personally, I was never a good benchpresser, I never had the right mechanics for it. I could squat and deadlift a bit, but frankly I was never that strong on one-off max lifts.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Personally, I was never a good benchpresser, I never had the right mechanics for it. I could squat and deadlift a bit, but frankly I was never that strong on one-off max lifts.
Yeah, I'm 6'4" and have a relatively long wingspan and have issues with bench pressing, particularly with my shoulders. I personally did much better with dips, overhead pressing and certain types of incline work or using dumbbells with the palms facing inward. A standard bench press with a wider grip has always given me a lot of shoulder inflammation. Even with dumbbells I have to be careful, a full range of motion puts me at a very deep angle with my arms and shoulders.

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm 6'4" and have a relatively long wingspan and have issues with bench pressing, particularly with my shoulders. I personally did much better with dips, overhead pressing and certain types of incline work or using dumbbells with the palms facing inward. A standard bench press with a wider grip has always given me a lot of shoulder inflammation. Even with dumbbells I have to be careful, a full range of motion puts me at a very deep angle with my arms and shoulders.
I'm not as tall as you but I've got long arms, wide shoulders and a pretty shallow torso, so benchpressing was never my thing. Dumbell press suited me more than the barbell and, like you, I was good at overhead pressing. A lot of it's biomechanics they reckon.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not as tall as you but I've got long arms, wide shoulders and a pretty shallow torso, so benchpressing was never my thing. Dumbell press suited me more than the barbell and, like you, I was good at overhead pressing. A lot of it's biomechanics they reckon.
Yeah, I'm similar to you, as I have wide shoulders, long arms and a broad chest but not deep if that makes sense.....kind of more like a swimmer. My overhead press has consistently been almost as strong as my incline bench press for instance, which is very similar to what I could flat bench press. As you mentioned, it's all biomechanics. I'm very strong with anything to do with pulling or gripping and also my hips and lower body are incredibly strong. I basically just suck at bench pressing lol. I'm not a powerlifter, so I honestly don't really focus on it anyway so it makes no difference.

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm similar to you, as I have wide shoulders, long arms and a broad chest but not deep if that makes sense.....kind of more like a swimmer. My overhead press has consistently been almost as strong as my incline bench press for instance, which is very similar to what I could flat bench press. As you mentioned, it's all biomechanics. I'm very strong with anything to do with pulling or gripping and also my hips and lower body are incredibly strong. I basically just suck at bench pressing lol. I'm not a powerlifter, so I honestly don't really focus on it anyway so it makes no difference.
Sounds like we're a very similar shape and, yes, I was good at pulling movements too - rows, chins, curls, etc. But benchpressing is just all wrong for me. I don't have that deep Herculean torso you need to be a big benchpresser. But then neither does the OP by the look of it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Why is it such a big ego lift? I’d much rather have a huge squat. I’m 5’7, 160 lbs, 10-15% body fat tops. I’ve never in my life benched more than 250 lbs. Was much more proud of squatting 3 plates full depth for reps . Few guys in any of my gyms Ive ever seen actually do that. Also, I naturally have a good deadlift. Long skinny arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.