Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

POF mixers

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I was wondering if any else is on POF and gets those messsages about meetups and has ever been to one. I get those messages about several meetups at bars every week. I have never went to one. I imagine it's mostly a motley crew consisting of older regulars on pof, a lot of dudes and the token hot girl who thinks she's the top princess. On the other hand it would be away to meet several of the women on there and maybe get a pull.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to one, was working as part of the entertainment, so let me tell you what it is. The person doing the invite usually is marketing their business online. Basically they are either working for part of the door, since they bring in a lot of business from pof, meetup.com, etc. They might also be the "talent agent" in charge of the cover band, so they sell that to the bar owner as part of the package. They are affiliated with the local bars and promote the events.

With that being said, not all of the people inside the bar will be from PoF or Meet Up, since they are local bars that are pretty popular, but a good 80% will. Look at the people who RSVP, if the ratio is a good 50/50 of women and men, it usually turns out that way at the event, as a lot of women take their friend. Met several who were taken but took their single friend to get her to meet somone new. Avg age was late 30's to mid 40's, though.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
I went to one, was working as part of the entertainment, so let me tell you what it is. The person doing the invite usually is marketing their business online. Basically they are either working for part of the door, since they bring in a lot of business from pof, meetup.com, etc. They might also be the "talent agent" in charge of the cover band, so they sell that to the bar owner as part of the package. They are affiliated with the local bars and promote the events.

With that being said, not all of the people inside the bar will be from PoF or Meet Up, since they are local bars that are pretty popular, but a good 80% will. Look at the people who RSVP, if the ratio is a good 50/50 of women and men, it usually turns out that way at the event, as a lot of women take their friend. Met several who were taken but took their single friend to get her to meet somone new. Avg age was late 30's to mid 40's, though.
This great info. I never thought of it, but it makes total sense that it's marketing. What did you think of the typical crowd though. It seems kind of old like I thought. Was it like shooting fish in a barrel or was it more like nasty and cheesy and not really good for PU?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
POF is Plenty of Fish?

I've only done meetup.com, and only for specific meetups that suit my interest. It's been a while since I've gone to one, but I usually do a Spanish language meetup (where everyone converses in Spanish, regardless of skill level). I figured it was a good way to meet Latinas OR women who are interested in travel. I've pulled a few numbers but they were mostly for getting number's sake; I was rusty and trying to get back in the groove at the time. But yeah, I usually check the RSVP to see what the ratio is before wasting my time.

vitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to a meetup.com event and it sucked. On POF I get on there once a week, search for any new girls email them that I think they are cute and would like to meet up for drinks. I send like 5-6 emails a week and avg 1-2 dates from it. It can't hurt, you can always go to these events with a buddy and act like you just happen to be at the bar..

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
This great info. I never thought of it, but it makes total sense that it's marketing. What did you think of the typical crowd though. It seems kind of old like I thought. Was it like shooting fish in a barrel or was it more like nasty and cheesy and not really good for PU?
The crowd was older than you would find at a night club, and less people, so there was less to choose from.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vitor said:
I went to a meetup.com event and it sucked. On POF I get on there once a week, search for any new girls email them that I think they are cute and would like to meet up for drinks. I send like 5-6 emails a week and avg 1-2 dates from it. It can't hurt, you can always go to these events with a buddy and act like you just happen to be at the bar..
Interesting...I will have to try.