Plus Sized

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a huge advocate of lingerie etc and either me, or me and my wife will often go online to buy some new items.

Some brands are now using either extremely overweight women, and some look kind of trans.

now, my wife isn’t overweight or trans. You can’t see how the item would fit a healthy woman. Hence, we just don’t shop there. We go somewhere where they have normal weight biologically female models.

I think it’s reasonable that women of all shapes can see how they might look so perhaps they could put 2 thumbnails - one for obese and one for healthy weight.

These brands must be massively suffering. I’m sorry but being super overweight is NOT attractive and looking at clothing on them does no justice to the clothing.

Even for obese women or their husbands, surely they want to feel beautiful and I’m sure they would like the imagine of a beautiful women modelling their potential choices so they can feel beautiful or at least think they might be closer to this.

absolute madness. I carry a bit of weight on my stomach but I don’t want to see the stuff I buy modelled by obese men. That’s not going to make me want to buy it.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The market will speak
you wonder how these marketing meetings go.

I think that someone suggests plus size and everyone is too fearful of saying “wait, that’s not going to make people want to buy it”

So then sales drop. Of course, no-one wants to mention why so they’ll find other things to blame.

The only other thing I can guess is they get money from agencies for doing it.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I think that someone suggests plus size and everyone is too fearful of saying “wait, that’s not going to make people want to buy it”

So then sales drop. Of course, no-one wants to mention why so they’ll find other things to blame.

The money is coming from the banking class, Soros et al. Disappointing how many people are blind to this.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The money is coming from the banking class, Soros et al. Disappointing how many people are blind to this.
I’m in the business and there’s no grants I know of for being woke, but there IS ESG criteria which includes things like this which mainly affect the ability to raise capital.

Most investment bankers aren’t that woke TBF. Often they are quite the opposite lol. Certainly in England they are the shooting/hunting brigade who are about as woke as Donald Trump.

It’s more the regulators and the government institutions. Which are populated with affluent graduates who’ve never done a real days work.
I think you mean a small collection of wealthy and powerful people who come from a range of backgrounds but banking is very well represented.

I shouldn’t complain as my company is now moving on to disadvantaged backgrounds (non privately educated/university educated) so I stand to do very well.

It doesn’t make sense though. My observation is privately educated people are on average better qualified.

A lot of folks ascribe this movement to hollow out meritocracy to the same group the far right do. I don’t believe this is the case. I think it’s foreign states like China, Gulf states and Russia etc, who have gone in via the education system.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I wonder how the Bud Light marketing meeting went...

Top Bottom