Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

pay for fuel on first date?

blackwolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
she's driving about 20-30 minutes to meet me at a place she's not familiar with. i already told her fuel is on me... am i being too nice? i don't have a car by the way so yeah. was just gonna give her ten dollars when she drops me off home (down the road)

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If u go for the kiss ill let that afc offer to pay for fuel on first date slide. BUT ONLY IF U GO FOR THE KISS.

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty lame.
Drop the "is on me" line. Even if you plan to pay for something, don't say that. Comes off as desperate for her to meet you and too eager to please. Maybe even insecure like you are afraid she wouldn't come if she actually had to give up something.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Since you said you would give her gas money, you should keep your word. Don't mention it again until the end of the date. When she drops you off, mention it casually. "Lemme give ya a few bucks for gas.". Then hand her $10 or whatever.

If you live in California or Connecticut, give her a fifty lol. Just kidding.

If she refuses to take the money, don't argue with her. At least you made the offer.

I don't consider it an AFC move, but I am concerned about you setting a precedent and having to pay each time she picks you up. If it comes to that, maybe offer every once in a while. Paying her every time is overkill because a 20 to 30 minute drive is no big deal.

Nikoli

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its better to take that ten dollars and spontaneously spend it on something on the date instead of verbalizing that it's for gas.

Maybe a round or two of drinks on you or something of that sort.

Always bset when you do this as a non verbal thing imo.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I think it comes off as you needing to pay her to come see you. Driving 25 min is probably equal to about $1.50 in gas (depending on actual mileage). If she won't spare that much to come see you, you have more issues than offering to pay for it.

Blackmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gas grass or ass, nobody rides for free, lol.