Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Passively c0ckblocked

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed this for years and see it every night that I go out to bars. Especially all the good looking girls and practically all girls are surrounded by guys most of the night. From the distance it's nearly impossible to tell in a loud, dark bar what these guys are to the girls, whethr BF's, friends, cold approaches etc. It's hard to believe that most of them are guys who cold approached the girls because I just don't see that many guys having the balls to cold approach that much in the first place or have the game to hold a cold approach that long in the second. But a good deal of them are probably cold approaches. The reason I say it constitutes a passive CB is because it is much more daunting to approach a group cold with guys there who you don't know the relation they have to the girl. And what was a passive CB can turn into an active one.

On top of the girls all being surrounded by guys, I've noticed the better looking girls almost all leave an hour to 30 mins before last call. You can't just be respectful and not encroach upon guys with girls because all these bastards are tying up all the women. When you think about it it's amazing how much other guys are in your way and serve as passive CBs.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can look for subtle clues to ascertain whether he's a bf or just an orbiter who won't walk away after he ran out of things to talk about. I see that guy alot.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you just approach the group as a whole, ignore the girl, befriend the guys, figure out who is the most alpha and outframe his alpha-ness? Then let the girl come to you.

Or, do that to a few groups and completely ignore the girl completely (other than the socially required "hi") the first few times. Then you'll have at least three or four girls in the bar wondering why you didn't hit on them, and they'll be overtly interested in you you out, and all the other girls will notice.

they are only c*ckblockers if you accept them as such.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taiyuu Otoko, will you train me in the ways of the Jedi?

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's story time, so everybody gather around. One night I was out with a female friend and we went to play pool. While we were there, we had a good time playing equally as bad. When we were leaving, she told me how one of the guys there was checking her out and seemed like he wanted to talk to her. Course I was curious because when I'm out, my blinders are on because I'm enjoying myself and I didn't notice anything. Turns out it was the skinny guy at the next pool table and I guess I spooked him because I was a big guy and he didn't know if I was going out with her. I just started laughing because I wasn't even dating her. I mean, if she had started talking to some other guy, it really wouldn't have bothered me because things weren't even like that. She could have even just talked to him when I had ran to the bathroom, but she didn't. The thing is that he really had a chance and could have came out with a number if he had just acted.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
I've noticed this for years and see it every night that I go out to bars. Especially all the good looking girls and practically all girls are surrounded by guys most of the night. From the distance it's nearly impossible to tell in a loud, dark bar what these guys are to the girls, whethr BF's, friends, cold approaches etc. It's hard to believe that most of them are guys who cold approached the girls because I just don't see that many guys having the balls to cold approach that much in the first place or have the game to hold a cold approach that long in the second. But a good deal of them are probably cold approaches. The reason I say it constitutes a passive CB is because it is much more daunting to approach a group cold with guys there who you don't know the relation they have to the girl. And what was a passive CB can turn into an active one.

On top of the girls all being surrounded by guys, I've noticed the better looking girls almost all leave an hour to 30 mins before last call. You can't just be respectful and not encroach upon guys with girls because all these bastards are tying up all the women. When you think about it it's amazing how much other guys are in your way and serve as passive CBs.
This is when being physically intimidating comes into play. You could either be the nice big intimidating guy and walk up to the girl in the center of the group and say "Hi!" cheerfully, or you could be a d1ck and just stand in front of the dudes while you approach the girl. If you are bigger and stronger than they are, chances are they won't do anything at all and the girls will be surprised that you had balls of that size.

I have done both. Befriending the males first works very well sometimes, as they typically make comments about you in a positive manner: "cool, now that we have this dude with us, nobody's gonna start a fight!" Then the girls want to know more about you...

If the guys are pissing me off and annoying me, I have no problem with moving several of them out of the way or loudly calling out the girl and taking her out of the circle. Most attractive girls will let you do this even if their boyfriend is right next to them (citing "Oh I'm just having fun" if the bf complains)

But, if you do NOTHING and take the easy way out, then you never will know, will you?

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Unbridled_Phoenix said:
You can look for subtle clues to ascertain whether he's a bf or just an orbiter who won't walk away after he ran out of things to talk about. I see that guy alot.
But you really can't see much of any subtle cues in a dark and loud enviroment like a bar. You can't just stare and study the group(s). Usually what I see is the guy and girl talking, or the guys just chilling at a table with the girls or in a circle. The guys are probably doing their best to look like they are with the girl and they definitely are trying to close other guys out from approaching.

taiyuu_otoko said:
Why don't you just approach the group as a whole, ignore the girl, befriend the guys, figure out who is the most alpha and outframe his alpha-ness? Then let the girl come to you.

Or, do that to a few groups and completely ignore the girl completely (other than the socially required "hi") the first few times. Then you'll have at least three or four girls in the bar wondering why you didn't hit on them, and they'll be overtly interested in you you out, and all the other girls will notice.

they are only c*ckblockers if you accept them as such.
This is conventional PUA thinking, but it doesn't really work in the real world. Or at least it's like saying, why aren't you so cool that you have a harem of women already? If befriending the guy, putting aside that they're not going to want to befriend some random guy who's motives are transparent, and ignoring the girl is going to make the girl come on to you, then you could just stand nearby and she'd make herself available. It just seems like you haven't really spent much time in a typical American club full of early 20 year-olds.

Da Realist said:
It's story time, so everybody gather around. One night I was out with a female friend and we went to play pool. While we were there, we had a good time playing equally as bad. When we were leaving, she told me how one of the guys there was checking her out and seemed like he wanted to talk to her. Course I was curious because when I'm out, my blinders are on because I'm enjoying myself and I didn't notice anything. Turns out it was the skinny guy at the next pool table and I guess I spooked him because I was a big guy and he didn't know if I was going out with her. I just started laughing because I wasn't even dating her. I mean, if she had started talking to some other guy, it really wouldn't have bothered me because things weren't even like that. She could have even just talked to him when I had ran to the bathroom, but she didn't. The thing is that he really had a chance and could have came out with a number if he had just acted.
That pretty much how it is. A guy can't tellwhat relations the guys are to the girls. Girls expect the guy to risk going into a situation with all the cards stacked against him. All she had to do is either give distance from her group and proximity to the outside guy, or bring her group over to him. The fact is had he approached instead of complaining about the guy not approaching she could very well been like what's up with this weird guys approaching me. Women do nothing and complain either way.

Duffdog said:
This is when being physically intimidating comes into play. You could either be the nice big intimidating guy and walk up to the girl in the center of the group and say "Hi!" cheerfully, or you could be a d1ck and just stand in front of the dudes while you approach the girl. If you are bigger and stronger than they are, chances are they won't do anything at all and the girls will be surprised that you had balls of that size.

I have done both. Befriending the males first works very well sometimes, as they typically make comments about you in a positive manner: "cool, now that we have this dude with us, nobody's gonna start a fight!" Then the girls want to know more about you...

If the guys are pissing me off and annoying me, I have no problem with moving several of them out of the way or loudly calling out the girl and taking her out of the circle. Most attractive girls will let you do this even if their boyfriend is right next to them (citing "Oh I'm just having fun" if the bf complains)

But, if you do NOTHING and take the easy way out, then you never will know, will you?
Well it's not so much about being physically intimidated. I'm not the biggest guy in the bar but I'm definitely not the smallest being 6'1 and 205lbs. It just seems my locale is very clique and defensive and if you come on to aggressively, the group might not physically resist you, but they will resist you in other ways.

Really what I'm saying is all the girls you'd want to meet are surroundd by guys and not to mention CBing girl friends. Maybe it's easier for some people but it just seems like a big hurdle to successful game these girls. Going into a mixed group all alone just seems to put you at a big disadvantage. I can't find a wing who's willing to go into a mixd group. It hard enough to find one who will even approach 2 girls by themselves. On the weekends it's a little easier to approach groups though.