Outrageous salaries for Actors/Singers/Athletes/CEO's etc..

2Kool4Skool

Reaction score
I just wanted to talk about all of these outrageous salaries that actors/singers/athletes/CEO's etc receive because they were lucky enough to make it. Frankly, it is absurd and nobody should be able to make that kind of money. What does Mark Zuckerberg need 20 billion dollars for? There are 50 million people in poverty in the US alone not to mention millions more worldside and people who can barely support their families working hard all their lives. This is outrageous and appalling and needs to stop.

We as a nation need to rise up against this crap and not just accept it. If we can get enough people, I know we can make a difference. If anyone should make millions, it should be police officers and firefighters, they actually do something that protects and saves lives unlike athletes, singers and actors.

Enough said....this probably will never change unless millions of people take a stand against this absurdity.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2kool4school, apparently you're too cool even for reasoning.

Those guys gets big money because most of the time they provide big money to the people they are working for.
A football players get paid that much because the owner of the team for which he plays gets lot of money from sold merchandise and public paying at the stadium thanks to that guy.
Same for actors and singers which make movie producers even richers due to people attending shows or buying dvds and merchandise.

If you were to reproach someone you should be reproaching those who try to compensate for their boring lifes by wasting money for the vip zone at the stadium or for a normal clothes which happen to have an famoud mark.

Most of the people complaining about vip getting paid that much dont it out of justice spirit but pure envy.
I agree with the fact that ethically speaking they dont put so much in the table of society however its the market who makes the prize.
I would find much more right to decrease the welfare checks to those that provide nothing both to society or to other people then to private individuals who get paid from other privates who get rich due to private money.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
They're just making as much as they can given what the consumers will pay. That's not right or wrong. It just is.

It's not that the musician/athlete necessarily deserves $100M in a year. It's because people who pay say $300 for a concert/game ticket are "feeding the beast.". If people stopped going to those concerts/games, the ticket prices and ultimately entertainers' salaries would fall.

You want salaries to come down? Don't give them your business.

If men want b@tch shields to go down, stop approaching women. It's the same thing.

I mean if you enjoy such music or sports events and can afford them, go. Have a good time. It's not wrong. But when a broke consumer puts a $300 ticket on their credit card to feed some millionaire or billionaire, that kind of bothers me.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
70% of businesses eventually go bankrupt, and it’s been estimated 30% of businesses close primarily because of employee theft. (Most businesses are small and so it’s a huge impact.) If you ask employers about employee theft they will cite a moral decline in society, but if you ask employees why they steal they will cite feelings of exploitation of their hard work by their company. The point is everyone puts a price tag on their worth. Basketball players bring in billions of dollars to their respective NBA franchises through their hard work and image, and will feel exploited if they don’t receive their perceived fair compensation relative to the money they are bringing in. Even more so if you helped invent something new, and entertainment performers spend years if not decades of essentially working for free, a labor of love, before they were “lucky enough.”

What does Mark Zuckerberg get for $20 billion? A voice. If you’re a homeless guy on a street, nobody will give a damn fück about your opinions and ideas, but people will listen if you have a billion. Zuckerberg once donated $100 million to Newark Public Schools and signed a pledge, along with the ever philanthropic Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, to donate over half his wealth to charity. Look at Richard Branson innovating private space travel—wealth allows you to place your personal touch on the world.

HariPoter13

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should blame the ordinary person, the 'sheep'. The question is - are you a sheep or are you a wolf?

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get mad because your not making money.

Actors, Singers, and Athletes make millions of dollars because they bring their industry Billions+ of dollars.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actors and singers make little to no money. Only a handful do and those are usually females who fall in love with their managers when they were "too young" for Anglo tastes (Celine Dion). The Backstreet Boys and N'Sync made NOTHING. NOTHING. Fat Lou Pearlman took the boy band money and their bodies. Hollywood is not what you think it is.

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/lou-pearlman-motocross-kids-movie-premiere-hnY3Ej.jpg
Fat Dudes like that get the money and the a**. Just read up on Lou Pearlman.

Lou Pearlman also created a look. Notice all the groups he created. They were all the perfect picture of what gay men (not normal girls) find attractive. If I was gay I would be hating on that there man.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2545/3746501398_e61f27ac4e.jpg
A gay man's dream. And a fat f----- crook who is in prison for the second biggest ponzi scheme in history threw it! The secret? Money. Even f-- f---- like Lou get what they want with money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFT7ir4fCq8
THIS INTERVIEW IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HOLLYWOOD.

Machina29

Don Juan
Reaction score
If anyone should make millions, it should be police officers and firefighters, they actually do something that protects and saves lives unlike athletes, singers and actors.
I couldn't disagree with you more. Athletes can inspire people to to be the best they can be. Kids look up to them and dream of one day being an athlete as well which can lead to them avoiding drugs.

Music touches the lives of almost everyone in the world, and to imply that musicians do not bring anything to the world is ignorant. When people are sad, do they call the cops? When they want to dance, do they call fireman?

Like music, movies are an enormous part of our culture and they can inspire and lift people up.

What do cops do now? Give tickets and arrest high schoolers for dugs which disqualifies them from receiving financial aid for college. I'll be honest, I don't trust police and I think they are way over paid for what they do.

Fireman are much better than police, and they should be paid more. They actually help people.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then do your part and pirate music, movies and pc games.

U

user43770

Machina29 said:
What do cops do now? Give tickets and arrest high schoolers for dugs which disqualifies them from receiving financial aid for college. I'll be honest, I don't trust police and I think they are way over paid for what they do.

Law enforcement officers have a tough job and provide a necessary service. I work in emergency medical services and we often times can't do our jobs without them.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The OP clearly isn't an internet troll....Oh wait!

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Kayble television is another reason. You can only get channels in a PACKAGE so you are forced to financially support channels and therefore entertainers / sports people that you have no interest in.

I'm sure satalite tv, satalite radio, etc. works the same way.

You are lining the pockets of celebrities you don't even watch or listen to because that particular package of channels has some channels/stations that you DO like. But to get those, you have to ALSO pay for what you DON'T like.

Multiply this by millions of subscribers...

That's one of the many reasons I don't have tv.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Zuckerberg

@ 18 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5No3c6FXUo

If you want to live like a berg, go screw some people up. You will never make it like them. Because you're nobody. Others here can cheer themselves up, and lie to themselves, that only if you work hard, you too will make it. No you won't! You will never make 20 billion dollars, maximum you will make 2 million in your life time.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
Law enforcement officers have a tough job and provide a necessary service. I work in emergency medical services and we often times can't do our jobs without them.
if i did not go the route i did in life there is no doubt in my mind I would have either been a history teacher or a dectective. could care less about the money. that just a kick ass job.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
those hi-$ people don't FORCE anyone to pay them, and YOUR way WOULD involve the use of force in some way. That makes you a wannabe pos Hitler-Stalin. there's plenty of ways to make enough money to retire in a very few years. 3 years will do it (for retirement in the 3rd world, easily) 7 years will do it right here in the USA.